Started on: 01-01-2011 11:37 PM
Replies: 156
Last post by: Genopsyde on 01-13-2012 05:20 AM
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Wow! I missed your update.
Sounds like good news indeed. I wondered if the kidney stone wasn't related to your issues.
(But I'm not a doctor, and I didn't sleep at a Holiday In Express last night either, so I knew I'd better just shut up.)

Take good care, man.
IP: Logged
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-07-2011 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Ah yes, the wonders of testing.

Next on the docket....Stress Testing. That is scheduled for the 21st.

I am overwhelmed by the responses. Thanks for the support, and for actually giving me the feeling of being part of something. Amy thanks you. Benjamin thanks you. 2011, a year to live for! I feel more alive this past week, than I have ever felt in my life.

Tony
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see you posting and thinking positive. Its very easy to fall into a funk when something like this happens. Just don't get too happy and go start buying all of the cars on your bucket list
Boni

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoniClick Here to visit Boni's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoniDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
I feel more alive this past week, than I have ever felt in my life.

There are many ways of satori and thats the way you have to keep on. Feel alive, care about family and friends, and dont forget your med tests and drugs

------------------
Fiero 1985 notch 2.5 automatic
http://boni.smutek.pl/auto

Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Stopped your heart huh, must have some load in that diper! Kidding aside, I had my heart stop in the hospital a few days after one of my heart ops, not the most pleasent thing to exoperisnce. Anyway got an ICD now, Inplanted Cardio Difribulator. Do whatever they tell you to do and don't read out-dated medical books! The one I read after they told me I had CHF said I was terminal! That was 10 years. And for some reason if you still smoke, STOP!!!!!!!!
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2011 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
I reacted the same as a few others; thought this Topic was about another Fiero meeting its' end and kept passing it by. Glad I finally checked this one out. Regardless, I may be a week late but the positive thoughts and prayers are still on their way. Keep up the good work. Just think, now you can use all of that experience, logic and common sense you have aquired working on Fieros, on your doctors. Trouble shooting your health may be a little more complex than a Fiero but the process is the same. And its just as much of a team effort as well needing the same skills. So let the Docs help you gather as much information as possible, ask lots of questions so you have a good understanding and explore possible solutions. Do understand as many of the pros and cons of what's offered before you make a choice.....and again, ask lots of questions. The MDs have the info you need. Part of your job is to get that out of them. Don't be shy. Make them earn their money! Welcome back
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
Tony, a month later... hows everything going?
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
Tony, I passed up opening this thread forever as I figured it was somebody's rant about wrecking his Fiero. I opened it tonight and now I feel guilty about not opening it before. I'm glad you're still amongst us! I pray that your tests all come back normal and this was some unexplained once in a long lifetime event! Hang in there and keep us posted!
OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
too bad it can't just be 'buffed out'...

all the best to you always. truly.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-16-2011 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Yes, all is quite well. Thanks for the concern. It is greatly appreciated.

I am believing that it is a once in a life time type thing. Just a bunch of little things, and perhaps it just hit me the wrong way. Who knows? On January 21st, I quit smoking to help things along. Well, that lasted about a week and a half, and now I am smoking again. All be it only about 5 to 7 per day, but smoking none the less. I am not done quitting, and will try again on Friday to alleviate the wretched habit. This may take longer than I had anticipated, but I will kick the habit entirely.

Benjamin is almost four months old now, and he is really helping to keep me feeling young. He hasn't started crawling yet, but when he does, I have a strong feeling that I will need all of the speed, strength, and stamina that I can muster. It seems that I have quite a lot to live for.

Tony

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

On January 21st, I quit smoking to help things along. Well, that lasted about a week and a half, and now I am smoking again.

Benjamin is almost four months old now, and he is really helping to keep me feeling young.

Tony, please quit that disgusting habit for Benjamin's sake, if not for your own. I grew up in a household where my father smoked and I suffered endlessly with asthma and allergies as a kid. When I was 14 years old my father finally quit smoking (for his own health reasons). My health suddenly improved dramatically, after all those years of freakin' misery. I'd be less than honest if I didn't admit to still being somewhat "disappointed" (to put it mildly) with my father for not quitting smoking when I entered the picture 55 years ago. Please don't make the same mistake as my father did.
PFF
System Bot
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Tony, please quit that disgusting habit for Benjamin's sake, if not for your own. I grew up in a household where my father smoked and I suffered endlessly with asthma and allergies as a kid. When I was 14 years old my father finally quit smoking (for his own health reasons). My health suddenly improved dramatically, after all those years of freakin' misery. I'd be less than honest if I didn't admit to still being somewhat "disappointed" (to put it mildly) with my father for not quitting smoking when I entered the picture 55 years ago. Please don't make the same mistake as my father did.

I quit smoking when my daughter came into this world. Actually my wife, my mother in law ,and myself quit around the time we found out my wife was pregnant. It has been the greatest life changing decision I have made next to salvation.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GADJet:

I quit smoking when my daughter came into this world.

A big "+" for you from me. Thanks for thinking of your daughter.
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2011 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
Yep, I did the same about 23 years ago. It's difficult at best. Don't give up, keep trying and you'll succeed. Tell everybody you're trying to give it up and ask for their help. They will.
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2011 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
Tony, Please tell me you stopped smoking? If not, please try quitting again!
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2011 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
Tony I quit smoking about a month ago.

I'm the biggest quitter I know! If I can do it, so can you.

I hope you have quit by now. I just wanted to throw in my own.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-29-2011 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Sadly, no I have not quit smoking cigarettes. I went about 4 1/2 weeks, then I quit quitting. NOT blaming Amy, but it is hard to quit when the other still puffs. On the bright side, the both of us have set a date of May 8th, Mother's Day. I am sick to myself every time that I light one up.

Thanks again for looking out. I am listening, and will conquer this vile obsession. I really do love to hear of those that have kicked the habit. Congrats...

Tony
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
Have you tried patches or the electric cig?
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
Tony!!!! Thats so random! i hope it never happens again. Im glad your still alive!

I have had a few friends now stop smoking with the E cig. My mom has had good luck with the patches. Ive had one friend use medication in pill form.I think different methods work better for diff people so mayb ekeep that in mind?

My better half and I will be praying for you.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-02-2011 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys. We have the Ecig thingy, and I do use it when I try quitting. It takes the edge off, and I will surely have it in hand after the 8th. I absolutely hate smoking! I have quit for 6 plus years in my late twenties, then about 34 years of age I started up again. The cost alone should be enough to make me quit. Arrrgh.

Since the birth of Benjamin just over 6 months ago, my life has changed dramatically. There is so much more to live for. So many more things to see, and to teach my son. We are still working on him saying Dada, or Mama, but I am already doing all that I can to make his life happier than the one that I had. Yes, I will be living my life through his, but I will allow him to be his own man. I will try and teach him to be kind, curteous, and respectful. He just seems to have a natural happiness about him. Even with teething, his smiles are so very contagious. Amy and I have been blessed late in life, with a new life. Not something that we are taking for granted.

Fieros are still my passion, and I have noticed that since his birth, I have not posted quite as much. It has been hectic, and I have found that by not posting in the negative threads that float around here, my experience with many of you have improved. I still have my detractors, but for the most part, Pennocks has been an even more enjoyable read after his birth.

As always, thank you all for your kind words, the thoughtless things that many of you do for others, and the constant commradery that is all important to our growth as human beings.

Tony
aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochDirect Link to This Post
Tony, I haven't smoked in 3 weeks now..

Your turn.

------------------

Currently in the middle of my 88 + 3800NA swap

PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
You can do it, Tony. I have all of the faith in the world in you. If not for yourself, do it for Amy and Benjamin. They need you to be around for a long time.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Still here.

I quit smoking in November of '88. Cold turkey.
I found that the urge to smoke comes in waves. Whether you smoke, or whether you don't, the wave will subside. You just have to decide to make it through one wave at a time. The longer you don't smoke, the less frequent and less intense the waves become.
Think about it.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post01-11-2012 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
So, A year later, and what are you doing with this gift of life?
redraif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2012 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifDirect Link to This Post
God greif... I'm still not used to seeing 2012 and I so thought this just happened... So tony and I are the same age... Makes you think. Glad your still with us Tony. So what have you done with your 2nd life...

------------------
Rescued & resuscitated 1984 Indy Fiero SE Pace Car Replica #770 presently reversibly modified!
SE: Stormtrooper Edition

Everything is the Previous owners fault

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2012 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by redraif:

God greif... I'm still not used to seeing 2012 and I so thought this just happened... So tony and I are the same age... Makes you think. Glad your still with us Tony. So what have you done with your 2nd life...

Resolved....

[This message has been edited by Finally_Mine_86_GT (edited 01-11-2012).]

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2012 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WhiteDevil88:

I'm a dick.

Interesting.

Kevin
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2012 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:
From what I see in OT being the bigger man and avoiding a troll.

Indeed.
Axmann

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2012 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AxmannSend a Private Message to AxmannDirect Link to This Post
Wow scary. Glad your ok. Get well soon.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post01-11-2012 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

From what I see in OT being the bigger man and avoiding a troll.

I hadn't seen this before. I just thought ifI had actually died, that I would spend my free days living. I wonder if he quit smoking. I wonder if he is happy. I hope so. I probably should have sent a PM, but last time I tried thatdidnt prove productive. My apologies to all ifI offended anyone.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2012 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by nitroheadz28 (edited 01-12-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2012 05:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Ty Tom.

[This message has been edited by Finally_Mine_86_GT (edited 01-12-2012).]

jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2012 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post
Tony,
I'm not trying to scare you, and it could totally not be this, but if possible have a CT scan of your Brain.
On Dec 13th 2010 I had a CT due to a month of eye pain and although 2 doctors told me it was a sinus infection, it was found to be a egg size Tumor in my left lobe.
The reason I mention it in your case is due to my Tumor pushing on and almost closing my Spinal fluid drain tube in my head, I was VERY close to a stroke. I was 34 at the time.
I had the Tumor removed Jan 31st 2011 and I am totally good and normal now. It took a year for me to get back some of my short term memory and get rid of some swellling but I'm awesome now and it feels like a dream.
The Doctor said that due to the size of the Tumor and the extremely slow growth, it obviously had been there for at least 6 years. We think more like 8 years because I started forgetting simple things about that long ago. My wife noticed and let me know all the time. We always wondered why I would forget things, VERY simple things, almost immediately.

Anyways, the main point is, you could have a Tumor and never know it until it kills you or severely disables you. The Lord blessed me to find it before it took my life.
THe other thing that the Doctor said is that out of the 535 he did in 2011 (he's a Brain Tumor Specific Dr.), he said I am 5% of them because my HUGE tumor is BENIGN. He told my wife that most of the ones he sees that large are malignant. I'm blessed over and over.

Here is the scan photo

Here is the photo now. I have MRI's every two months to keep track, so far I have no growth.

------------------
Car Thread:
86 GT
//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...ML/085541.html

[This message has been edited by jwrape (edited 01-12-2012).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-12-2012 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
OMG! JW, that is very disturbing to look at. So very thanful that they found it. Just goes to show how fragile we really are.

I have had the barage of tests. CT, MRI, and a bunch of other letters, and nothing found. I am basically a very healthy 39 year old. Docs say that they were working on a much younger body than my age let on. I have always eaten good, worked out, and tried to take care of myself. At times, when younger, I did things to myself that were not exactly good for my system. I rid myself of those ways, and my theory is it caught up. Consequences for our actions?

2011 Had it's own issues, and I am very much looking forward to 2012. Benjamin is about 14 months old, and he is my epicenter. He is my joy. I can concentrate on him and be at one with the world.

Thanks, as always, for the kindness that is found on this forum.

Tony

fierowitch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2012 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierowitchSend a Private Message to fierowitchDirect Link to This Post
Glad you are feeling better. Enjoy your son, time goes by faster than you think.
Melanie
ManMadeChickens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2012 04:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ManMadeChickensSend a Private Message to ManMadeChickensDirect Link to This Post
Glad you're around to enjoy your family, your Fiero, and some Forza... hopefully in that order. ;-)
Genopsyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2012 05:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GenopsydeClick Here to visit Genopsyde's HomePageSend a Private Message to GenopsydeDirect Link to This Post
If your MRI's are done in a Philips MRI machine, I make them at my job. I laser cut the main frame structure out of 5/8" thick steel. <----------Just some useless information.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock