Fiero blog by Boni
Started on: 12-25-2010 05:19 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: Fiero1K on 02-08-2011 10:17 PM
Boni

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoniClick Here to visit Boni's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoniDirect Link to This Post
(I hope its best place for topic)

Topic about our fresh fiero, no big plans for mods (yet ), only main works or events. I plan some pics and notes, but no great DIY manuals or daily writing. I know I'm too lazy to make a good DIY or construction, after a few topics like this about our other cars on other forums, but, after years - it will be some interesting stuff for next fresh owner of fiero, I hope. Comments are welcome, ofkors.

Briefly - 1985 notch 2.5 automatic, a.k.a 'Red', guess why More or less working; engine, tranny, brakes work - more or less After many owners, a lot of small malfunctions and "mods". But still original shape. Power lock and windows, a/c was couse compressor MIA Our (wifes too) toy for summer or something, we'll see. This is exotic car in Poland, it's sure (neighbours think even about Triumph ).

Winter time is difficult for serious overhauling, couse our garage is occupied by one Scorpio. But christmas was rainy, warm, and snow near gones so I could did some mecanicals. But main plan for winter is interior and electrics.

[25-12-2010]

Baby started yesterday after fresh battery and some work, I could checked engine a bit, tranny, cooling sys, etc. I tense belt, overhauling of squeking heating fan, rebuild 'big' wires around battery (first, bad condition in all, second, I have "opposite" battery).
Looks like is weak or no charge of battery - ups.

Today was 'warm' day so I try to clean and polish painting a bit (before all frozen again) - car is all 'white', its typical for elder GM or Opels in red acrylic, I think. I did half a car, not enough materials, time and strength... but result is OK, I've wanted mostly check what happens, not finish today.

Back to interior - Santa brings not only a car, but a pile of other suff

(sorry for quality - I'll try to remember to use camera, instead mobile...)

Driver seat medium damaged, passenger near mint. Gauges and drivin wheel from '88 I guess, consoles 'upgraded'. Everything for rebuilding. Santa brings some materials:

so interior will be dark gray and bloody red accents. Its cheap fake alcantara, but costs 1/10 or less than original. There is a full warehouse of electronics at home so gauges gone to be digital. I'll mix ideas from old vette and thunderbird, something like this (its draft, of course):

but seats first. Did I say 'no mods'? I lie Seats receive heaters and pumpin backs, I hope, I have a lot of stuff after fords. And gauges probably will have some fancy controls from center armrest, but we'll see.

Main problems left - charging, bad tyres (no problem to buy anything, but a lot of thinking, if stay with small 13"...), brakes weak a bit (air bubbles?), and so, and so. Looks like fun for months

------------------
Fiero 1985 notch 2.5 automatic
http://boni.smutek.pl/auto

[This message has been edited by Boni (edited 12-25-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
Looks like Santa was good to you or he plans to keep you busy working on Fiero projects for a while. Welcome to the forum, love the pictures. Take care, work skillfully and keep warm. Merry Christmas!
Boni

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2010 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoniClick Here to visit Boni's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoniDirect Link to This Post
So, is 2AM here, room looks like battlefield, but one done. But first, was donor:

(its Ford Scorpio Ghia about 1991, full option). Donor didnt survive surgery, but gave some organs:

And now, its result, fiero seat full loaded, with speakers, heating and pumpin back, fresh and tasty

Could be better ofkorz, but I have no enough skills, time and tools. And textile is nice to cut nad sew, but hard to shape (not flexible). Maybe steam could help to fit everything, but I didnt try yet.
I have not good tool to punch holes, or idea how to do fine speakers 'webs' like factory, so I stay with 'closed' speakers for now (but they sound not so bad even now, maybe it stays for long time).

Next one, next week. Maybe.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Boni (edited 12-29-2010).]

Boni

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoniClick Here to visit Boni's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoniDirect Link to This Post
So, is 2am here, again but I have two seats at last:

Next - doors panels, all stuff around tranny knob, and armrest. I've checked wide dash today, couse its cracked a little, and it will be nice to cover this all with fabric, but I dont know yet, if I have time, skills and will to do so "big job".

Digidash concept changed to smth like this:

Its pretty sure I'll built in this navi - I have one, and navi with good mp3/mp4 player, bluetooth, WinCE+IExplorer etc. will be nice substitute for big media center, which costs 4-5 times more, and is no good place for big screens and "heavy" units in fiero (this knob...). And newer ver. of this navi has even more: 5", input for video, and wireless rear cam in set - all set about 200$ here with Poland map only - but its one problem, new 5066 has very bad LCD light, people make a lot of complaints for vision in sunny day. So I stay with mine old one, Goclever 4366BTFM.
I' ve seen only one big disadvantage of this solution - access to touchscreen via drivin wheel will be hilarious... But, I plan this navi, plus set of amplifiers, homemade or low end, plus subwoofer similar to factory one, plus some control gizmos in place of radio (volume, switches, etc). Speaking about speakers - there is no woofer in '85 fiero, but it will be, with this baby:

Its Sony kevlar woofer speaker (or fake made in you-know-where, couse price was joke, about 10$)

Tomorrow - shopin. More foam, some electronics, and 4x6 speakers and cheap small amplifiers, if I'll find any. Oh, in mean time, Fiero dont start today, some gasoline issue, I think. Maybe frost only.

------------------

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2011 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
for the seat design. And Nostrovia!
Boni

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoniClick Here to visit Boni's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoniDirect Link to This Post
Thanks.

Shoppingu done; low end 4x6 and 4ch. amplifier, new navi, and some other stuff on the shelf. Next I'll have to buy any time (family, work, fix a bit suzuki stuff, rip down one ford, and next - back to fiero... or back to fiero first if tomorrow will be warm day like today)

------------------

Boni

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2011 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoniClick Here to visit Boni's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoniDirect Link to This Post
New stuff, all for Fiero:

I check today Fiero a bit (between suzuki and ford ), still not starting, there is no fuel or no pressure. Pump make normal noise, and I put last time more than galon of fresh gas, so... I dont know what worse, leaky tank, or dead pump. We'll see. In mean time, I've fast beheaded this amazing factory knob, better fit interior and console now IMO. And only one finger has deep scar by dremel, what a skill...

(What a rusty rack! I owned many 20 years car, but first time I see anything like this...)

And rest of sunday I spent on sewing, not only fiero (main topic - fancy spare wheel's cover for suzuki), I only try the simple armrest (first I think about large "rich" version, cover all plastics etc etc, but next I waked up from dreaming ).

and I dont know, looks boring for me. Maybe I'll make more agresive version, with red accent like on seats. And next - door panels, I have to finish sewing at last, couse home looks like one big f...ing workshop. But next week will be busy in all.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Boni (edited 01-09-2011).]

Fiero1K

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1KSend a Private Message to Fiero1KDirect Link to This Post
I really love that subtle armrest cover. If the rest of the console was black it would look incredible. BTW free bump - enjoying your thread

------------------
1988 Firethorn Red Pearl Pontiac Fiero CJB T-Top Coupe, # 784 of 1252

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock