Started on: 11-14-2010 06:46 PM
Replies: 20
Last post by: sportcoupe on 02-20-2011 02:36 PM
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2010 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
My wife may buy me some new rims for Christmas. I've always loved the ASA AR1 and Konig Rush style and found these at e-bay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...fPartsQ5fAccessories
Any comments? Pretty good price with tires! Should I specify a certain size for an 88 so I won't have any issues? Thanks for any comments
Marc

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2010 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
Looks like they're one size....17" X 7", 45mm offset. The 17" X 7" dimensions are fine, that will fit your car with no problems. It's the 45mm offset that I'm not sure about, especially if you have an 88.
123mmmyFIERO

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-14-2010 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 123mmmyFIEROSend a Private Message to 123mmmyFIERODirect Link to This Post
200 shipping??
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2010 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by litespd:
Looks like they're one size....17" X 7", 45mm offset. The 17" X 7" dimensions are fine, that will fit your car with no problems. It's the 45mm offset that I'm not sure about, especially if you have an 88.

Thanks! Anyone know if the 45mm offset will be okay?

Originally posted by 123mmmyFIERO:
200 shipping??

Most e-bay rims have inflated shipping prices. They entice you with a fair buy it now and then sock it to you with the shipping. I still think it's a decent deal when you consider they come with tires. Winds up being $50.00 a rim for shipping.

123mmmyFIERO

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-14-2010 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 123mmmyFIEROSend a Private Message to 123mmmyFIERODirect Link to This Post
sounds really good...
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2010 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
I would suggest buying the entire set of wheels and not just the rims
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
The offset may be a problem but some 7mm+ spacers would sort that for sure. If you had coil overs it would likely fit all round as is.
The main problem is hitting the rear spring i would think.
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 05:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
I asked the seller a question. I want to know if any modifications would be needed for fitment for a 88 Fiero. I got this response.

"Yes these wheels will fit your car, no mods
thanks

- streetguytires"
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
45mm offset should be no problem at all. I ran 17x7 42mm front and back once and nothig was so close that 3mm would make any diffrence. Buy them and post pics. I think is a great price including tires.

------------------

Red: TPI V8 + 6-Speed Yellow: Nitrous 3.4 + 5 speed White: 3800SC auto (All 88s!)
304rwHP/366rwTQ

Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:
45mm offset should be no problem at all. I ran 17x7 42mm front and back once and nothig was so close that 3mm would make any diffrence. Buy them and post pics. I think is a great price including tires.

I think I'm going to. I won't have them on my car till after Christmas so the pics will come around New Years. I'll bump this up when they're on. Thanks for the replies

Carver1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
If they are true Scion fit wheels, I'd double check the center bore. They are smaller than the Fiero by 1mm. I am running stock Scion TC rims and they had to be bored out.
It says they are 73.1 bore. The fiero is 57.1.

------------------
88 GT "The Stray" 4.9L
86 GT 2.8L 4 speed
07 Solstice GXP 2.0L turbo
08 GMC Sierra 3500 Duramax Dually.
05 Tahoe on 20's (Kid hauler)

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
i'm sure i could fly a plane no problem.
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carver1:

...It says they are 73.1 bore. The fiero is 57.1.

73.1 is probably a "universal" centerbore. Then you'll need to size it down to 57.1 with hubcentric rings. (Both of my sets of wheels are similar.)

I think 7" wide with 45mm offset will tuck under in the rear, quite a bit. (More than I would like on my own car.)
It'll work just fine, however.

------------------
Raydar
88 4.9 Formula IMSA Fastback

Read Nealz Nuze! Praise the Lowered!

woodrow50

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodrow50Send a Private Message to woodrow50Direct Link to This Post
What size tires are you going with? I see in the ebay ad that there's a choice of sizes. I have an '85 SE that i recently bought 17 inch chrome rims for with a 45 offset. I got 225/50 17's for the back and 215/50 17's for the front. The back tires make contact with the lower spring perch, barely, but there is contact. I tried one of the front wheels with the 215/50 17's on the back and there was adequate clearance. Not sure if the '88 set up is different.
Since I'm lowering the car anyway, I'm going with coilovers in the back so I can alter that spring perch a bit and lowering springs in the front.
Hope this helps.
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

73.1 is probably a "universal" centerbore. Then you'll need to size it down to 57.1 with hubcentric rings. (Both of my sets of wheels are similar.)

I think 7" wide with 45mm offset will tuck under in the rear, quite a bit. (More than I would like on my own car.)
It'll work just fine, however.

Will I need to purchase hubcentric rings then as well?

Originally posted by woodrow50:

What size tires are you going with? I see in the ebay ad that there's a choice of sizes. I have an '85 SE that i recently bought 17 inch chrome rims for with a 45 offset. I got 225/50 17's for the back and 215/50 17's for the front. The back tires make contact with the lower spring perch, barely, but there is contact. I tried one of the front wheels with the 215/50 17's on the back and there was adequate clearance. Not sure if the '88 set up is different.
Since I'm lowering the car anyway, I'm going with coilovers in the back so I can alter that spring perch a bit and lowering springs in the front.
Hope this helps.

It does help. Something else to be concerned about I guess. My car is lowered in the front with Rodney's 1 inch lowering ball joints. What size would any of you recommend? Even though I have an 88 I'd like to stay the same size all around so I can be able to finally rotate my tires!

[This message has been edited by Gokart (edited 11-15-2010).]

Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2010 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
Pictures as promised

Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2010 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post

Gokart

4635 posts
Member since May 99
I think 45 offset looks great and I ended up sticking with wider tires in the back 245/45/17 and 215/45/17 in the front. The ride feels much smoother now and turning is suprisingly easier. I think for the money it was the best deal out there. I even went to a few local places and they couldn't touch the price. Even with 16" rims!

------------------

Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2010 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
Very nice! The tire size stagger works perfectly. I had that same tire combo on mine. The black centers work great with the silver paint.
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2010 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to get a set of wheel center caps for them from Rodney Dickman. Silver emblem on a black background will look sweet! Many thanks to Raydar, woodrow50, Alex4mula & MstangsBware for answering all my questions! Biggest thanks goes to my wife for getting them for me! Best Christmas present I've ever received
I highly recommend this seller. He answers the phone when you call him and is very knowledgable. Rims showed up right on time and in pristine condition!
Marc
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Very nice!
sportcoupe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2011 05:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sportcoupeSend a Private Message to sportcoupeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart:

I think 45 offset looks great and I ended up sticking with wider tires in the back 245/45/17 and 215/45/17 in the front. The ride feels much smoother now and turning is suprisingly easier. I think for the money it was the best deal out there. I even went to a few local places and they couldn't touch the price. Even with 16" rims!

How did you fit 245/45/17 tires on a 17" x 7" wheel? Most 245 series tires require an 8-10" wheel from what I read.
sportcoupe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2011 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sportcoupeSend a Private Message to sportcoupeDirect Link to This Post
bump
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock