5.1 Edition Geocoin by RACE
Started on: 11-08-2010 12:04 AM
Replies: 226
Last post by: RACE on 06-30-2011 12:47 AM
Fierosmith

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Can't wait to see the next edition .... I think maybe the next one should be an INDY version coin ... I dont have an Indy but it is one of the most recognizable fieros so the WHITE and RED theme should be the next one.... thanks again Kenton

^X2 .. I agree that at some point a Indy coin would be a good choise. I don't have an Indy either, but how could we pass up a historical Icon?
That being said... I'm still up for the next version, whatever is, Green, Orange, etc. Maybe even match.. Medium Red Metallic?
Keep up the good work Kenton...

Jim

IP: Logged
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Kenton, any info on the next coin?
chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Kenton, any info on the next coin?

I am going to have to keep an eye on this thread! I seen "Hulki BFF's" coin yesterday and I am more than impressed with the coin! I did not take the time to read the whole thread, and I really dont know what a geocoin is, but I want one, or two, or more! Very cool looking coin!
I will be following to hopefully get in on the next batch of orders!!!
Chris
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
I'm curious too! I got a few of these 5.1 edition coins and they are awesome!
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Just this afternoon I was thinning about another round of coins. I hadn't thought about them in a while. I have a couple of busy weeks ahead but I wouldn't be opposed to doing another round. How should it look? I'm open to suggestions.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good to me. How about making a post with pictures of all of the Geo Coins thus far. I am missing the first ones, and have no idea what all color schemes that have been done up to this point.
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 06:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Later on I will do that. I'll include the prototypes too.
Flamberge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RACE:

Later on I will do that. I'll include the prototypes too.

I bought 3 last round, and will buy one or two more in each successive series.

I'd like to see a "coin look" to one of the series. No colors or coating, but ether way I'll buy the coins and love them!

Or you can go crazy and look into things like holograms, other shapes, etc. I just wish I had seen these when you first championed the idea.
sadie goad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadDirect Link to This Post
Here are some photos of the five that have been sold so far:

Front, in the sun

Back, in the sun

Front, in the shade

Back, in the shade

Hopefully those photos help.
I love these coins. I can't wait for more!

[This message has been edited by sadie goad (edited 06-28-2011).]

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Flamberge:

I bought 3 last round, and will buy one or two more in each successive series.

I'd like to see a "coin look" to one of the series. No colors or coating, but ether way I'll buy the coins and love them!

Or you can go crazy and look into things like holograms, other shapes, etc. I just wish I had seen these when you first championed the idea.

We could do a naked coin. I don't know how cool it would look though. It would be the least expensive of any that we have done so far. Still open for suggestions. The metal can be black, silver or gold. Holograms are not a manufacturer option. Sorry

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmm I would like to see what a "naked" one would look like in gold. Just a pure, highly polished gold coin. I bet it would look amazing!

[EDIT] Just thinking about it a bit more..... the tracking number would need to be either pressed / stamped, or engraved onto the coin.....

Here is a random Geo Coin, all in gold just as an idea:

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 06-28-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
I do know that the recessed areas of the coin have a sandblasted finish. All engravings in the past have been paint filled. If we did a naked coin we would not use paint this time. Yes or no on an epoxy coating?
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Is the sand blasting how they "etch" the design? Or can that be polished as well? Epoxy coated would probably add to the luster, and protect the metal from tarnishing / discoloring.

Yea, that's why I mentioned the tracking number, with no paint, it would either have to be stamped (a separate dye for each serial = EXPENSIVE, or engraved)

Personally, I love the look of the high-gloss gold one above. Polished in the recesses and extruded areas. Maybe they have some sort of gold paint, coating that could be used to give that look, then epoxied over to protect it.

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
I had a naked two tone-metal prototype coin made a couple years ago. I'll post it when I get home.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good! You know where my vote is Now need some others to chime in with opinions.....
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

JohnWPB

5181 posts
Member since May 2009
I just snapped a photo of the Gold and Black one I have here. If this gold is paint, then that would work as well. It really looks like real gold.

I never noticed the bleeding on the tracking number, till I saw it up close like this.....

(Who said the iPhone can't take a good photo? )

BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post
Preparing for another run there, Race?!?!?
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
I too love the sound of a naked coin and my vote is for a silver, gold, or bronze finish.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Ok, sorry, still thinking about this hahah! If you go the route of a naked coin, I would like to see it just THINLY clear coated. Not so it is smooth like the past ones, but rather just a thin coat, so you can feel the raised areas.
Flamberge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Ok, sorry, still thinking about this hahah! If you go the route of a naked coin, I would like to see it just THINLY clear coated. Not so it is smooth like the past ones, but rather just a thin coat, so you can feel the raised areas.

The nude coin is my vote! I wouldn't even do the clear coat, just a nice gold coin if possible.

But whatever we come up with, color or not, clear coat or not, sign me up for at least two right now.
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Count me in for two on this run.

The Riv
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
The picture I posted above, I don't know if that is the color of the metal used, or it has been painted Gold. If it is painted gold, then a clear coat probably would not be needed.

Personally, I would like the really, really shiny look of gold. If the raw mental is gold, and not coated, I would think it may look much duller than a high quality gold paint.

Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithDirect Link to This Post
For interest sake, count me in for my usual 3

Jim
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Flamberge:

. . . But whatever we come up with, color or not, clear coat or not, sign me up for at least two right now.

Agreed count me in for my usual four coins

[This message has been edited by BMTFIERO (edited 06-28-2011).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Well heck, I am in for 4 if we are getting on the list already

Race, looks like you are off to a good start without even taking orders yet! LOL
chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post
You can put me on the list for atleast 3, no matter what the coin design is!
Chris
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2011 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Please proceed to the 6.1.1 Geocoin thread. I will not reference this thread again. If you have made a request for coins please repeat it on the new page so that I can keep track of everything more easily. Thank you!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock