Started on: 11-08-2010 12:04 AM
Replies: 226
Last post by: RACE on 06-30-2011 12:47 AM
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2010 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
Mine showed up today, too, RACE. They've got the quality we've come to expect from you! Once again, you've done a stellar job! When it comes time for the next coin....count me in! Heading to the Mall now to give you a positive rating!

------------------

86 GT 4 Speed
"Sucks to be me..."

IP: Logged
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2010 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
I have just returned the ratings. Thank you!

Since this is a new page I will post the link again.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2010 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
My coins arrived today. I will post feedback and such tomorrow, Happy New Year!
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2010 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
RACE, as always, a great product. You created a "MUST HAVE" product for the Fiero owners.

I'm already looking forward to the next one.
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2010 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
I just had a thought for the next coin's edge text. What do you all think of crediting the various engine mods that so many members have done? Example: "3800SC V8 4.9 Northstar Quad 4 3400 DOHC 2011"
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2011 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
There is one team member here that without his efforts no coin would have ever been produced. To my knowlege he has never even received a coin. Also, he has never made a single post in any of the geocoin threads.

As part of my agreement with EMI, (GM's trademark licensing division), I needed to have the name of our club printed on the coins. The only person who could grant me permission to use the name www.fiero.nl is Cliff Pennick. If you can spare even a dollar please send it to him to keep this forum going. It is an incredible resource for the Fiero owner and as far as moderators go there is none better.

In a few days I will start an auction where every cent that I receive after paypal fees will go to help support the forum.

Happy New Year

Kenton

Edit:12 out of the 40 project members have already received their coins.

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 01-02-2011).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2011 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RACE:

The only person who could grant me permission to use the name www.fiero.nl is Cliff Pennick.

Never heard of him

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

ICCAMDFIERO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICCAMDFIEROSend a Private Message to ICCAMDFIERODirect Link to This Post
Just got back from my new years trip, and my coins were sitting here waiting for me. I love the engraving around the edge! It really does make this coin stand out. Thanks again Race! Now off to the mall to rate.
hinesb1890

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2011 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hinesb1890Click Here to visit hinesb1890's HomePageSend a Private Message to hinesb1890Direct Link to This Post
got mine today! I didn't even realize the edge was going to be engraved it looks great!

------------------

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2011 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hinesb1890:

got mine today! I didn't even realize the edge was going to be engraved it looks great!

That's because I didn't tell anybody that the edge was going to be engraved. Thanks for letting me know that your coins have arrived.

If anyone has a problem with your order please let me know.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2011 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
got mine this weekend.... love the edges!

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?

PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2011 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Coins recieved over the weekend. Thank you, they look great!
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2011 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Brad just gave me one for a late Christmas present. All I have to say is WOW and thank you to RACE for making these things and Brad for getting it. I also did not notice the engraving on the side. It is going next to the tyler shipman coin and next to the 2 other coins (If I can ever find them).
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2011 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageDirect Link to This Post
Another winner! The edge engraving makes this edition very unique. I will add this one to the others and can now consider this a true "collection". Thanks again RACE for all you did/do to put these in the hands of all us Fiero nuts.

Oh yea.............mine came today!

HAGO!
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2011 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
As Kris said already, got mine today.

Brad
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2011 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Have you taken them outside into the sunlight? The colors pop. It completely changes the look of it.

I love this coin. It is my favorite so far. (Although I can't say how much of a halo it has because of the edge text.)

What colors would you like to see on the next coin? I am in the process of brainstorming what it should look like. I have one more trick up my sleeve that I would like to try next time. It will be a while until the next run but while this thread is active I would like to receive your input.

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 01-03-2011).]

Vendetta

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2011 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
RED!
Fierosmith

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithDirect Link to This Post
How about a dedicated Indy coin?

Gold coin, white infield, black on checked flag & red ring?

Jim

edit for sp

[This message has been edited by Fierosmith (edited 01-04-2011).]

LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
RED--RED--RED--RED--RED--RED--RED----------------------R E D--------------------RED--RED--RED--RED--RED--RED--RED

I really can't make up my mind. I will get back to you on the color.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm I wonder if red would be good, I think someone may have hinted around the bush, at the slight & remote possibility that they may like to see a red one... not so sure if that is what they really intended or not though. I find it kinda hard to read between the lines on what they truly wanted

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 01-04-2011).]

datacop

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
I received all 3 of mine.. these things are absolutely beautiful!

I'm so happy that I purchased these
PFF
System Bot
Freshj

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FreshjSend a Private Message to FreshjDirect Link to This Post
Well we have two blue coins now and I know people that missed out on the first run would like to see red again. Obviously not the same coin. How about this:

Black Nickel Coin
Red Center with white checkered flags
Silver/Grey ring
Red back
Engine swap edge engraving

The first red one was:

Shiny nickel coin
Black center and black checkers
Red ring
red back
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post

I could go for something like that. I have some enhancements in mind that could make that thee best coin ever made. It will be slightly more expensive than the current coin because there are still two options available to me that we have not used yet on a production coin, and I plan on using them. After that, I am not sure that it could ever be topped. I think that the engraving text on the front of the coin should be white. Paint in the edge text would look cool but the manufacturer said that it would come out sloppy since the coin's edge has a slight curve.

It will be the coin to recognize the major engine swaps. If it is physically possible to do a different edge text die it will read:

2011 3800SC 4.9 SBC Northstar Quad 4 3400 DOHC

-Unless you all can agree upon something else.

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 01-04-2011).]

ICCAMDFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICCAMDFIEROSend a Private Message to ICCAMDFIERODirect Link to This Post
I like the look off the red coin! Expecially becasue I missed out on the first red coin. Also my car is black with red accents, it would go perfect!
fiero67

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 107
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Direct Link to This Post
received mine today! Fantastic ! I have to make sure i keep an eye on your threads ( I missed out on the set before this one) so I dont miss out again. John

------------------

Project88GT build up thread

fiero67

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 107
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Direct Link to This Post

fiero67

2397 posts
Member since Jan 2003
definitely a red one... !!!
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
Just my opinion, but seeing that the 4.9 and the Northstar are V8 engines, how about changing V8 to SBC?

Just a thought on my part.
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Works for me. I have been wanting to try one of their transparent paint colors. They have a red that looks really cool and I was wondering if you all think it would be ok to go ahead with it next time.

Flamberge

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post
I got my coins, but I haven't seen them yet. When I ordered them, I was staying with a family member, and now live 30 miles away, so I'll be picking them up this weekend and will post picks and praises.

One request RACE - When you DO start taking orders for another coin, could you add me to some sort of mass PM or email just in case I miss the thread?

Thanks for spearheading the Fiero Coin Project, one of the most unique and interesting things in the already awesome Fiero world!
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
I try to add every person possible from all orders. Your name will be on the pm list.

I only know of two other cars that even have a geocoin and neither one looks as cool as ours. The look cheap, like something you might expect to find on a keyfob. The artist that designed our dies did an incredible job.

Flamberge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RACE:

I try to add every person possible from all orders. Your name will be on the pm list.

I only know of two other cars that even have a geocoin and neither one looks as cool as ours. The look cheap, like something you might expect to find on a keyfob. The artist that designed our dies did an incredible job.

When I was spearheading the comic book company, I researched having custom made coins as giveaways (or unique collectibles) for the conventions we were invited to, but after looking into it, I realized how expensive, time consuming, and labor intensive it is. I really appreciate that you've done these coins, and curse my Johnny-Come-Lately-itis that caused me to miss the other editions. As I said, I'll post some pics when I get mine this weekend.
PFF
System Bot
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
I also have received my coins Very cool! I love all my coins. Count me in on whatever color you decide to go with next.
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
I am offering one more coin in case you missed the boat or want to help Cliff fund the forum. This coin's first three characters in the tracking code are PFF. (How could I not offer that as a benefit for Cliff).

Here's the link if you are interested. 5.1 Fiero Coin Auction to benefit the forum.
Flamberge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post
I'm always the last to the party, but I got my coins today and took some pics!

First my impression of the coins....

I was genuinely surprised at the heft and quality of the coins. I have researched custom coins, and as a coin collector I have a lot of atypical minted metal discs. These are not at all what I was expecting, even with the pictures posted ahead of time by other members. I was expecting a large coin with the colors printed on the coin they way they did for silver dollars about 10 years ago. (That coloring is like gold foil, and peels easily. ) But these coins have a better coloring, and are coated in a clear coat of lacquer or something similar. The coins are completely smooth and even bow out a little on both sides, and the etching along the edge is really cool.

The names I requested (Fiamma, Fredonia, Serra), are the names of the three Fieros I had, and the working looks great (and accurate, which is also great.)

VERY impressed and VERY happy with the product. Pictures don't do them justice, but here I go anyway.

These are beefy enough to rest on their edges without rolling, an impressive feat!

While I was taking pictures of the coins I caught a snapshot of these three suspicious looking UFOs flying overhead! I think they might be weather balloons.

I took this one to try to show how the clear coating really looks, and this pic turned out nicely so I thought I would post it.

It was about time I got my coins! (They arrived awhile back, but I couldn't get them until today.)

Nicely done again RACE! I'll give you a + rating in the mall.

Flamberge
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Thank you. I appreciate that. I think the photos that you took are among the best ones taken of any geocoin so far. Your description also comes as close as words can describe. Your rating as a buyer is on the way. Thanks for posting that.
Turbowedge

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TurbowedgeSend a Private Message to TurbowedgeDirect Link to This Post
Already left feedback on the mall section, just wanted to add my special thanks as well Kenton. Very pleased and make sure I am on the mailing list for the next batch as I will be in the market for the next round .

[This message has been edited by Turbowedge (edited 01-10-2011).]

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
You are on the pm list. : Thanks for participating. When doing projects like this, a minimum quantity for production is needed and every order counts.

If anyone still has not received your coins please send me a pm. (Other than tmur115. yours will be on the way soon). Also, the last coin is still up for auction in the Mall to benefit the forum.

Thanks everyone,

Kenton

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
still waiting grrrr

------------------

http://www.tylerstoy.com

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Finally got it ........... I tell ya Canada Postal services are sometimes really really slow .... looking at this coin it was worth the wait !!! Thanks RACE !!! Can't wait to see the next edition .... I think maybe the next one should be an INDY version coin ... I dont have an Indy but it is one of the most recognizable fieros so the WHITE and RED theme should be the next one.... thanks again Kenton

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for letting me know that it has arrived. Please disregard the pm that I sent earlier today.

As far as I know the only two people who haven't receive their coins yet are tmur115 and the winner of the PFF geocoin auction ZarZ. Both coins are in the mail and should arrive in a few days
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock