Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  the trailor hitch/bike rack hitch jack, lifting and resting points...

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

the trailor hitch/bike rack hitch jack, lifting and resting points... by americasfuture2k
Started on: 09-30-2010 12:16 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: PF Flyer on 10-11-2011 11:16 AM
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2010 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
the hitch, looks to be TFS 84-88 TRAILER HITCH

in the jacking position...

the jack can only go so high... but you get the idea. jack from the center where the reciever goes to make a "T"

the lifting position for raising the rear for a motor swap, suspension work, dropping the tank or any other work... *REMEBER TO REST THE CAR ON STANDS BEFORE VENTURING UNDER IT!!*

the reciever is a 1 1/4" from lowes.. can be had from almost anywhere. it is also a 2" drop for and xtension for better lifting capability and not crushing your license plate or puncturing the bumper

resting the car on jack stands at the hitch is the best, gives you so much more room to work on whatever on the underside. you can also use one stand in the center if need be.

this all was done with a 2 ton jack, 1 ton lift and 1 ton stands. the hitch w/ receiver did flex a bit when i lifted everything with the engine still in when testing how it works. less flEx with no engine of course.

*I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR GETTING HURT, CRUSHING, CARELESSNESS, DYING, LOSS OF FAMILY PET/BEST FRIEND/WIFE/BOSS/IRS AGENT/BILL COLLECTOR/PIZZA KID OR ANY OTHER SUCH MISHAP*

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987 | My Fiero Fuel Economy | MPG Display for OBD I
Youtube Videos of My GT | modernize your fiero with technology!
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
screw paying those bastards. im not going to become rich by paying for things.....

since i seem to be getting so many PM's about my hitch, ill answer right here
the trailor hitch/bike rack hitch jack, lifting and resting points...

[This message has been edited by americasfuture2k (edited 09-30-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2010 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Just pop in the ball mount and use a chain hoist to pull the car as high as you want....8 feet if you need it Just watch out you dont break the front spoiler.
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2010 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
exactly! it so nice to do it that way.
SNAPPY829

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2010 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SNAPPY829Send a Private Message to SNAPPY829Direct Link to This Post
Great idea although ive never been a fan of the way the hitch looks on the car. I did see where someone had the receiver come out behind the lic plate that was really trick. He had the plate on spring loaded hinges like the old gas filler plate system, totally hidden when not in use. Would make cruising an adventure with a small trailer or a seadoo.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2010 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
Who makes the hitch?
JumpStart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

Who makes the hitch?

Originally posted by americasfuture2k:

the hitch, looks to be TFS 84-88 TRAILER HITCH

JohnW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2011 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWSend a Private Message to JohnWDirect Link to This Post
Great topic. I've used my hitch on 3 cars, 2 engine swaps and numerous clutch jobs over the past 20 years. Not to mention hundreds of autocross races.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2011 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
Found my answer.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 10-07-2011).]

Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2011 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by SNAPPY829:

Great idea although ive never been a fan of the way the hitch looks on the car. I did see where someone had the receiver come out behind the lic plate that was really trick. He had the plate on spring loaded hinges like the old gas filler plate system, totally hidden when not in use. Would make cruising an adventure with a small trailer or a seadoo.

Like this? -Jason
https://images.fiero.nl/2011/Picture_012.jpg
PF Flyer

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2011 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PF FlyerSend a Private Message to PF FlyerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierofreak00:

Like this? -Jason
https://images.fiero.nl/2011/Picture_012.jpg

did anyone else notice that, its a notch back with fastback tail lights?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock