Fiero Convertible by MrBoernie
Started on: 09-21-2010 05:21 AM
Replies: 43
Last post by: exoticse on 04-22-2011 12:27 AM
MrBoernie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 05:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrBoernieClick Here to visit MrBoernie's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrBoernieDirect Link to This Post
Hi,

here are some pix from a 1987 Fiero Convertible which we picked up last Saturday. Its awesome and very unique to drive a V6 Convertible Fiero, especially here in Germany!

Next step will be changing it to Fastback...

What do you think about this Fiero?

------------------
My wife told me to choose: her or my Fieros... I miss her sometimes!

1984 Indy #1495
1988 GT

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 05:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Very nice but i don't understand why change it to a fastback when it is convertible. If you want a different look just change the light panel.
Looks beautiful as it is.
MrBoernie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 05:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrBoernieClick Here to visit MrBoernie's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrBoernieDirect Link to This Post
It stays as a convertible but with the fastback rear and bumper. I think fastback convertibles are very rare, isn't it?

------------------

1984 Indy #1495
1988 GT

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 06:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
The bumper the same on a fastback as what you have.
MrBoernie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 06:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrBoernieClick Here to visit MrBoernie's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrBoernieDirect Link to This Post
No they are different, the fastback bumper had no pontiac character on it (it's in the tail lights) and the fastback moldings are round. Because of the moldings i also need another front bumper but this is all there yet.

------------------

1984 Indy #1495
1988 GT

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 06:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
I only ever noticed the pontiac logo and other than that i thought they were the same but to be honest most of the the fieros i have seen were never side by side other fieros.
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post
I reckon it's pretty neat as it is! A little detail work to make it look real nice and it'd be properly sweet. GT wing or something would really set it off.

------------------

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
Very nice Holland Pontiac Convertible. The V6s are pretty rare, as they made only about 20 or so. About 40 some were 4 cyl. I used to own a 4 cyl version. I changed the boot and the top so you didn't see the zig/zag where they cut the top off and put the cap on.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Nice !

Congratulations on the find. Looking forward to seeing what you do with this one.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MrBoernie:

No they are different, the fastback bumper had no pontiac character on it (it's in the tail lights) and the fastback moldings are round. Because of the moldings i also need another front bumper but this is all there yet.

The shape of fastback bumpers is different because of the difference in tail lights.
Notchback tail lights are angled and fastback tail lights are verticle.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
cool car and nice pics... what's up with the change in wheels?...

did you buy it with the factory lace wheels and have the aftermarket ones just laying around?
PFF
System Bot
MrBoernie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrBoernieClick Here to visit MrBoernie's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrBoernieDirect Link to This Post
The car won't be driven until the fastback conversion is finished (and this will take a long time ) so we put the old factory wheels on it.

------------------

1984 Indy #1495
1988 GT

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
Toll!
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
I would leave it... the fastback won't really add anything to the looks and it is a lot of work.... well, work for you. The cars look great as is. Maybe add a rear spoiler. My third break light was mounted on top of the decklid hump, so adding a spoiler was easy.

J.
SNAPPY829

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SNAPPY829Send a Private Message to SNAPPY829Direct Link to This Post
I agree, definitely keep it as is, maybe add a gt spoiler, clean it up and call it a day. Enjoy what is unique to begin with (convertable) and surely a rare sight in Germany(fieros in general)

------------------
If I only had ONE more part it will be finished...... famous last words.....

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Love the convertible Fieros! Whatever you do with it is fine, but I like it as it is.
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
i have one of those, but i notice your tail light sits further back than mine. looks like the same light though. i guess either your's or my previous owner changed theirs. mine sits up on the hump.

germangt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for germangtSend a Private Message to germangtDirect Link to This Post
Hi,

very interesting info. I never heard about this company or the fiero conversions they made. Do you have any further informations or pictures of the cars or how they made the convertibles? Is it true they built it only in 1987?
87spyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87spyderSend a Private Message to 87spyderDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations....Great Looking convertible, you're going to have a lot of fun.....
Here are my two.......Lothar

------------------
1988 FieroGT (Stock)
1988 Fiero GT Convertible 3.8 S.C.
1987 Fiero Coup Convertible 3.8 S.C.

Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
I agree with keeping it as a convertible. Changing it back to a fastback does absolutely nothing. The car appears to need a whole lot before swapping tops. I would do the work on the chassis, the engine work, and whatever else it needs and renew the top.

It is kind of too bad to lose a convertible version. BTW, the convertibles posted above are SCHWEEEEETT!

Arn
Valkyrie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ValkyrieSend a Private Message to ValkyrieDirect Link to This Post
I think he means he's going to keep it as a convertible, just the rear end will be fastback style. Taillights, molding, etc.
PFF
System Bot
MrBoernie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrBoernieClick Here to visit MrBoernie's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrBoernieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Valkyrie:

I think he means he's going to keep it as a convertible, just the rear end will be fastback style. Taillights, molding, etc.

That's right, it stays as convertible... My intention is about this (only without the wing):

------------------

1984 Indy #1495
1988 GT

fieroluke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolukeClick Here to visit fieroluke's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierolukeDirect Link to This Post
Awesome car! I had the chance to test drive it last Saturday, and it feels and drives great!

I had driven one of Bill Welch's Fieros some 15 years ago, and this one feels a lot tighter.
The frame reinforcement must be way more rigid on this car in comparison. A previous owner
installed a lousy excuse for a steering wheel though. And I missed auto power windows,
A trip computer and a BCM, but we're working on that, right? ;-)
Other than that, the car just needs some TLC

Congrats again! I'll paint my Fiero green with envy ;-)
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
Interesting.. I also drove Bill Welch's car and mine (Holland pontiac conversion) and I thought he was more ridge, but I didn't care at the time. On the HP conversion, they welded inside the car also, but they didn't use an x-frame.

Originally posted by fieroluke:

Awesome car! I had the chance to test drive it last Saturday, and it feels and drives great!

I had driven one of Bill Welch's Fieros some 15 years ago, and this one feels a lot tighter.
The frame reinforcement must be way more rigid on this car in comparison. A previous owner
installed a lousy excuse for a steering wheel though. And I missed auto power windows,
A trip computer and a BCM, but we're working on that, right? ;-)
Other than that, the car just needs some TLC

Congrats again! I'll paint my Fiero green with envy ;-)

fieroluke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolukeClick Here to visit fieroluke's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierolukeDirect Link to This Post
Interesting indeed!

I remember going over a railway crossing in that car with the rails crossing at a 45 degree angle, and the frame would make screetching noises.
I test drove the holland conversion on a bumpy road, but nothing. Who knows... maybe the road wasn't bumpy enough...
In any case, a Fiero convertible is a totally different feeling as I'm sure everyone who has ever driven one will agree with...
MrBoernie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2010 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrBoernieClick Here to visit MrBoernie's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrBoernieDirect Link to This Post

Has anyone noticed something special in this picture??

------------------

1984 Indy #1495
1988 GT

GBglide

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2010 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GBglideClick Here to visit GBglide's HomePageSend a Private Message to GBglideDirect Link to This Post

Has anyone noticed something special in this picture??

The Fiero sign in back?

MrBoernie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2010 03:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrBoernieClick Here to visit MrBoernie's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrBoernieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GBglide:

The Fiero sign in back?

Yes, you win!

Little easteregg on the autobahn

------------------

1984 Indy #1495
1988 GT

temulance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2010 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for temulanceSend a Private Message to temulanceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87spyder:

Congratulations....Great Looking convertible, you're going to have a lot of fun.....
Here are my two.......Lothar

spyder. I just wanted to let you know that in my 6 months of Fiero Love, your Tan convertable is my altime favorite ive seen thusfar! I saw a pic a few months back. If or when I win the Lottery, Ill be hitting you up and makin an offer you wont refuse! See you then!!!
elitopr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2010 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for elitoprClick Here to visit elitopr's HomePageSend a Private Message to elitoprDirect Link to This Post
look nice!!!! I love convertibles cars no mater what I loved great
now mi question is who has more picture of the frame like this ones
this ones have diferent set up, some ones have another frame set up????

[This message has been edited by elitopr (edited 10-27-2010).]

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2010 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post

Hi,

here are some pix from a 1987 Fiero Convertible which we picked up last Saturday. Its awesome and very unique to drive a V6 Convertible Fiero, especially here in Germany!

Next step will be changing it to Fastback...

What do you think about this Fiero?

Give us details on its past ownership. Who made it? Give us its build background.

Cordially,
Kevin

PFF
System Bot
87spyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2010 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87spyderSend a Private Message to 87spyderDirect Link to This Post
Thanks a Bunch "Temulance", I'll be waiting......

------------------
1988 FieroGT (Stock)
1988 Fiero GT Convertible 3.8 S.C.
1987 Fiero Coup Convertible 3.8 S.C.

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2010 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
It looks to be one of Holland Pontiac's conversions. A dealership in Canton, OH had them made and sold them. The company that converted the was in FL I believe.
MrBoernie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrBoernieClick Here to visit MrBoernie's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrBoernieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

It looks to be one of Holland Pontiac's conversions. A dealership in Canton, OH had them made and sold them. The company that converted the was in FL I believe.

That's right. I don't know any more about the past of the car...

------------------

1984 Indy #1495
1988 GT

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Its good to see you braced the frame with the brace you used and not the X brace. The X brace makes it very hard for you to change out your fuel pump.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 10-28-2010).]

elitopr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2010 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for elitoprClick Here to visit elitopr's HomePageSend a Private Message to elitoprDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Its good to see you braced the frame with the brace you used and not the X brace. The X brace makes it very hard for you to change out your fuel pump.

yeahh!!! thats true

Erik

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2010 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
I love those wheels ..what size and what are they? The car is very sexy
MrBoernie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2010 04:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrBoernieClick Here to visit MrBoernie's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrBoernieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Erik:

I love those wheels ..what size and what are they? The car is very sexy

The wheels are Azev Type A, obviously new painted by the previous owner. The size is 8x17.

http://azev.de/alufelgen/typ-a-classico-hp/

------------------

1984 Indy #1495
1988 GT

BoxerFanatic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2010 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoxerFanaticSend a Private Message to BoxerFanaticDirect Link to This Post
That looks like a fantastic convertible.

Actually, I like the notchie flatter back bodywork for the convertible, than the fastback-style rear fenders and taller tail lights.

Although, the Z-shape of the line where the sail panels used to be could be modified and blended better.

Good to hear that the chassis re-inforcement is good. I have wondered how the Fiero space-frame responds to re-inforcement, and the roof being removed... either for a convertible, or a full width targa removable panel. this certainly seems to suggest that it is quite possible.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2011 03:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
I really like the look of the notchback convertible. I wouldn't suggest turning it into a fastback convertible. I think you'll take away some of the uniqueness of it by converting it.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock