Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  FORD SHO + Fiero + Redneck = Redneck dune buggy (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
FORD SHO + Fiero + Redneck = Redneck dune buggy by CoolBlue87GT
Started on: 08-15-2010 10:20 AM
Replies: 46
Last post by: Tomski on 05-21-2011 01:38 AM
AWDimpreza-L

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AWDimpreza-LSend a Private Message to AWDimpreza-LDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tomski:

Maybe if it were a first or second gen

Definatly not a first gen, they were all manuals, and bulletproof. Everything got heavier and slower from there

------------------
84 2m4 72 whp 108 wtq, stock.

IP: Logged
Tomski

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TomskiSend a Private Message to TomskiDirect Link to This Post
OK ok 2gen autos. my trans leaked like a sieve
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
That video just doesn't look like an example of unbridled power. It seems more like a stock Fiero engine in a stripped chassie performance wise. I think a 3800sc would be allot more exciting. I just can't see all the work of modifying the Taurus cradle etc to get the level of performance it is giving. Call me uninformed, but I think the SHO is vastly over rated to begin with.

Arn
Tomski

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TomskiSend a Private Message to TomskiDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Arns85GT:

That video just doesn't look like an example of unbridled power. It seems more like a stock Fiero engine in a stripped chassie performance wise. I think a 3800sc would be allot more exciting. I just can't see all the work of modifying the Taurus cradle etc to get the level of performance it is giving. Call me uninformed, but I think the SHO is vastly over rated to begin with.

Arn

No offense but 3800sc are a dime a dozen, they've been done time and time again. The sho swap is something different, like the vr6 swap. It doesn't make insane hp but it looks cool and sounds awesome but still has some balls to back it up
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Arns85GT:

Arn

The SHO V6, 3.0L, was rated at 220hp and 200 torque.

The L36, 3800 NA S II, was rated at 205hp and 230 torque.

The L67, 3800 SC S II, was rated at 240 hp and 280 torque.

In a straight line I think the 3800's would win over a SHO. On a track, like say a NASCAR track, I think the SHO would do much better. They are different engines that could be used for different things. The SHO basically has 2 intakes on one engine, If memory serves it has a set of long runners for low RPMs and once you get to about 4k RPM it opens a flap to a set of short runners for better top end performance. So really it boils down to what do you want to do with the car? Fast in a straight line or fast around a track.
weaselbeak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakDirect Link to This Post
Depends on the track and conditions. That SHO will not grunt coming out of corners like the 3800 will.
Tomski

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TomskiSend a Private Message to TomskiDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

The SHO basically has 2 intakes on one engine, If memory serves it has a set of long runners for low RPMs and once you get to about 4k RPM it opens a flap to a set of short runners for better top end performance.

Your correct, and boy is that sound sexy
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock