Alex's plazma is back!!!! by Plazma
Started on: 07-22-2010 10:03 AM
Replies: 41
Last post by: BlackThunderGT on 09-21-2011 11:59 PM
Plazma

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PlazmaSend a Private Message to PlazmaDirect Link to This Post
The plazma is back!
For all of you who loved Alex's master piece,
This is his step son, I will be trying everything i can to bring it back to daytona for 2011 as a tribute to Alex.
Daytona 2004 was the plazma's first show and its amazing to still hear people talking about the car. Alot of preparations will be needed to make the 2011 show.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Hey John,

This is Tony, that you have been talking to.

Glad to see you joined the forum !! You have no idea how many people have been looking forward to seeing your dad's car back on the show scene again.
congratulations and welcome.
IFLYR22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IFLYR22Send a Private Message to IFLYR22Direct Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum.
Glad to hear the Plazma will back on the road (show circuit)!

-Dave
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
John?

Welcome to the forum.
Alex's car is a masterpiece (and I haven't even seen it in person.)

Best of luck with everything.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 07-22-2010).]

fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
SO happy to have you here! Welcome to the madness!
Plazma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PlazmaSend a Private Message to PlazmaDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tony and Dave I'll be posting up pictures later in the day. I'll keep you informed on the situation with the car
Plazma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PlazmaSend a Private Message to PlazmaDirect Link to This Post

Plazma

14 posts
Member since Jul 2010
Thanks for the welcomes, and yes this is John
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
John one of the things your step dad showed me at Daytona and that i thought was really cool was a big poster board full of build pictures. He told me he had tons of them and that he planned to post them but alas he never got the chance.

i was rivited to that poster board at the show as well as the car. I have a picture of it somewhere.

Found it ! They are near the front bumper in this pic.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-22-2010).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-22-2010 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Thank you so very much for sharing this amazing car with us. From the get, you will get much respect in this forum. But, from your introduction, to your forum demeanor, it seems that you are able to handle yourself just fine. A big welcome, and can't wait to see pics. I have used the Plazma as my screen saver, many a time.

------------------

Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
woot!

------------------
Cliff's 610th Positive Feedback Giver.
#12 NYFOC Member
In recent times, the custom aftermarket car/automobile roadwheel has become a status symbol. These wheels are often incorrectly referred to as "rims". The term "rim" is incorrect because the rim is only the outer portion of a wheel (where the tire is mounted

skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Awesome... One night, I read through the entire thread about this car and I've been wondering about it ever since. Glad to see its still in the family and being taken care of.

If you'll have it showing next year, be prepared to answer a lot of questions
PFF
System Bot
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update! I was wondering where it went, afraid it might have been sold to someone who wouldn't appreciate it. Glad to see otherwise! The show will be a very nice tribute I think.

I love this car... not because of how it looks, but because of the heart that went into building it, and with such excellent craftsmanship. There are few Fieros that have rich histories, but I think this is one of them. Good luck with it, I look forward to seeing updates.

------------------

'10 Camaro LT/RS, 312hp V6 6-speed
'88 Fiero GT - coming soon! - Project MIDTRBO

The rest of my cars are for sale
There's no replacement for turbo placement

Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HDirect Link to This Post
Hi, John!

Glad to see you here!

Think we all here waiting for your coming wery long time! Don't know how everybody, but I was know you'll come here sooner or later!

Think you'll also interested to watch my thread Link in signature...

Can't waiting for photos!

Sent you a PM!

------------------

my PLAZMA build:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/078528.html

Fiero Reagan

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-22-2010 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ReaganClick Here to visit Fiero Reagan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero ReaganDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum

Love the car, by the way thats one of the first rebody fieros that i actually likes.

-Fiero Reagan

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
Definitely great news....glad to hear it.

------------------

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Welcome!!

In the short time Alex was on this forum, I really came to appreciate his skills and dedication to building the Plazma. Initially I didn't believe he was the creator, then he convinced me and I was very proud of his accomplishment.

I'll never forget I spent hours photoshopping a picture from the Daytona show to remove the background and he said don't use that and sent me very nice high resolution shots of the car. Many of the pictures you see posted on the web are ones that I resized and originally posted. The Plazma and Alex are legendary on this forum. You will get much respect here.

I'm looking forward to meeting you and seeing the car in person.

This is the picture

Here's some other nice pics

http://www.fierocountry.us/plazma.html
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
It nice to know that Alex is remembered. By keeping his memory alive he's still with us in a way. I remember him as a nice guy. Look forward to seeing you at GM's at Carlisle in 2011.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

topcat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
I had planned on a return to Daytona, now I have even more motivation...

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Fantastic, glad to hear we will be able to pay tribute to Alex. He was a fine person.

Here's a build up link Alex supplied photo's & info about the car //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/041016.html

I took the follow shots at the 2004 Daytona show.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 07-22-2010).]

N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry to hear about Alex, but I'm glad to see his car will be in good hands! I may have to come down to Daytona for more than just checking out some sweet Caddy's I keep getting teased with!
billpapps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for billpappsSend a Private Message to billpappsDirect Link to This Post
Wow Just!!! Wow... So glad to see this.

PFF
System Bot
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
This will make a lot of people happy. Good news
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the family. The PLAZMA is my favorite Fiero based kit ever. The ULTIMATE SPORTSCAR.... Again, Welcome. SmoothGT

------------------
Steve
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8 ~4T6OE
SmoothGT~II

tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
Wow the inside of that car is amazing.. love the Northstar.
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
Woo hoo! Welcome to the forum and very glad to hear the car is still in one piece and still in the family. Hope to see it in person one day.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Hey John!

First off i would like to say thank you for continuing quite arguably the greatest personal designed fiero out there. Could you please let me know when you take it out again i would love to see it in person. I'm right near red hook NY where (if i read it correctly) Is where it was originally built. Is it still up this way or is it in the city? Again... thank you!

Dave

Edit: do you have the molds your father used?

[This message has been edited by Finally_Mine_86_GT (edited 07-23-2010).]

Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HDirect Link to This Post
Alex was have only interior mold set.

Exterior mold set always was in Russia...

------------------

my PLAZMA build:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/078528.html

2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvDirect Link to This Post
I heard it was in Melbourne, FL.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daniel H:

Alex was have only interior mold set.

Exterior mold set always was in Russia...

Good to know. Well if they ever hit the states could ya let me know? Would love to rent them for a very short time. I'll take a 2 week vacation from work for that. The plazma was the reason for my color choice recently. Figured if i can't have the body i can get close to the color.
larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
Do the interior molds till exist ?
Plazma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PlazmaSend a Private Message to PlazmaDirect Link to This Post
i wish i car was up here in NY so i can start working on it and would of happily let you see it "Finally_Mine_86_GT"
and as for the interior molds honestly i dont know what happened to them i know he had them, after he past away i dont know what happened to them i was young then.
PFF
System Bot
Darth88Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth88FormulaClick Here to visit Darth88Formula's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth88FormulaDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum! I've always been interested in learning the history of the Plazma. I'm glad to know that it's still in good hands. Good luck on making it to Daytona!
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
do you have the address in redhook it was built at? it would probably take me a day to get the info on it and if anything is still there. Some people don't throw anything away.
RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Hi John,
I think you can tell from the other members that we miss your Dad (step). He was a very talented man.

Best of luck with your own endevours and thank you for bringing back Alex's vision.

Bob
JD86GT350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JD86GT350Send a Private Message to JD86GT350Direct Link to This Post

wow, great news that we'll get to see the car again,
as mentioned above, Alex & the Plazma are truly legendary in our Fiero world...
FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
Always liked this car. By all accounts your step dad was a great guy. I am sure he would be pleased to know the car he put so much into is still so admired
Janisv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JanisvSend a Private Message to JanisvDirect Link to This Post
About the interior molds, I have these set of molds, so if someone is interested is this set, please let me know.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Janisv:

About the interior molds, I have these set of molds, so if someone is interested is this set, please let me know.

I would love to buy the molds but shipping would be a nightmare to California.
Arizona85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arizona85GTSend a Private Message to Arizona85GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

I would love to buy the molds but shipping would be a nightmare to California.

Everyone on PFF loves this cars interior. I am sure we could get some guys to pitch in 5 bucks to help for shipping. I know I would. Get 40 - 50 people and we got it =)
Jay-ID

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2011 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jay-IDSend a Private Message to Jay-IDDirect Link to This Post
Nice mention of Alex in Jalopnik today:
http://jalopnik.com/5842228...oviet-cars/gallery/7
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock