Started on: 07-06-2010 12:45 PM
Replies: 27
Last post by: Oslo on 12-08-2011 04:23 PM
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post
PFF member, jdorr2002 stopped by with his VERY nice Ferrari Testarossa replica today.

The kit is based on an 86' Fiero, (stretched), chassis.
Has the original 2.8 Fiero mill in it, but it sounds very good and seems to run very strong.

Bodywise, this is probably the best Ferrari kit based on a Fiero chassis that I've ever seen.

I'll be doing some mechanical work on this car later this week and will get some more detail shots of it if anyone's interested

------------------

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 07-06-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
matchmade

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for matchmadeSend a Private Message to matchmadeDirect Link to This Post
That is definitely one of the best looking testarossa replicas I've ever seen.
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
Holy crap, that is gorgeous.
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
What he said ^!
Bump

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BumpSend a Private Message to BumpDirect Link to This Post
Yep. The 84 Testarossa is my "if you could have any car in the world...." car. That is by far the best replica I have ever seen.

[This message has been edited by Bump (edited 07-06-2010).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post
A couple more pics of jdorr2002's Ferrari "Redhead" replica.
(My poor Fiero is sitting in the garage feeling a litlle neglected and inferior

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Hubba hubba!
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

A couple more pics of jdorr2002's Ferrari "Redhead" replica.

HI all

Ahahahaha! Nice play on words.... Could u possibly show us some interior pix too?

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

... Could u possibly show us some interior pix too?

As I mentioned, I'll be doing some work on this car this week, so I'll take some more photos of it then.
The interior is also very nice.
topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
One of the most accurate I have seen If I recall, doesn't it even have the correct hinges so the doors "roll out" instead of just swing open, like a Testarossa should?

[This message has been edited by topher_time (edited 07-06-2010).]

Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
Kit builders should take note. That car is what separates "replica" from "kit car".
PFF
System Bot
glane21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for glane21Send a Private Message to glane21Direct Link to This Post
Did he buy that car off of ebay several years back, possibly from a guy in Vegas? Looks like the one that I recall. If so, I think it has real Testarossa quarter windows and interior console parts.
zigaroo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zigarooSend a Private Message to zigarooDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topher_time:

One of the most accurate I have seen If I recall, doesn't it even have the correct hinges so the doors "roll out" instead of just swing open, like a Testarossa should?

Yeah, and it has all of the correct Ferrari glass, wheels, this, that and the other.
fierodustin_86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodustin_86Send a Private Message to fierodustin_86Direct Link to This Post
That car is just screaming for a bigger engine...... I can hear it from here....lol
PerKr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PerKrClick Here to visit PerKr's HomePageSend a Private Message to PerKrDirect Link to This Post
this is the kind of kit that made me want a fiero when I was a kid wish they were still available, but maybe I can get my hands on an unfinished one some day.

hmm... real ferrari glass you say... wasn't it Ron Rosser who made a kit (or two kits actually, one Testarossa and one F512) that accepted ferrari glass? I seem to recall an article in one of the kit car mags...
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post
Someone asked for some interior photos so I thought I would post those, as well as a few other pics since this is such a nice replica.

Then I need to get back to work on it!

I'm installing a new oil pan, VC gaskets, axle seals, etc. etc.
This car has really been "enjoyed" and needs some mechanical TLC now.
Still trying to talk jdorr2002 into swapping in a 3800sc, 4.9 or SBC and making this car a LOT more fun

Now I need to get back to work on it!!

------------------

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
Funny, all that work on the body and interior, but the engine compartment looks pretty dirty, and there should be some struts holding up the back hatch
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

Funny, all that work on the body and interior, but the engine compartment looks pretty dirty, and there should be some struts holding up the back hatch

I knew somebody would make a comment like that when I posted that last photo
Like I said, this car has really been "enjoyed" and needs a little bit of attention right now.
That's why I'm working on it...

The engine decklid is VERY heavy and very strong. It appears to be made of structural steel square tubing with fiberglass over it.
I have a couple of ideas to add twin struts to it, but I need to see what the owner wants to do.
Right now the focus is on getting it all mechanically squared away and cleaning things up.
It will be "pretty" underneath there soon enough
VF1Skullangel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VF1SkullangelClick Here to visit VF1Skullangel's HomePageSend a Private Message to VF1SkullangelDirect Link to This Post
All it needs is a Supercharger and its perfect.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
One of these decades i'll get my hands on one of those kits. stunning... simply, stunning.

Just needs a 3800sc or better implanted.
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VF1Skullangel:

All it needs is a Supercharger and its perfect.

And a couple more cylinders

Very nice REPLICA!
PFF
System Bot
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post
Who makes a replica kit like this? I have seen a 308, 512, and a 360 but no testarossa. Anyone have a link or vendor name for one of those kits? The testarossa was my first loved supercar. Then the countach obviously.

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GADJet:

Who makes a replica kit like this? I have seen a 308, 512, and a 360 but no testarossa. Anyone have a link or vendor name for one of those kits? The testarossa was my first loved supercar. Then the countach obviously.

Try this thread:
http://www.madmechanics.com...-on-testarossa-kits/

Bob
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
MAGNIFICENT car.... Every time I see that car it reminds me of this.....Mine would HAVE to be white.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3f3uv6MzRg

DAMN I miss florida....peace

Pete
TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
It needs a N* swap with 180* headers and maybe a turbo. Or two. I would rather have Skitime's or Yellowstone's though.

Seriously, remove the rubberband and install an engine...
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TommyRocker:

It needs a N* swap with 180* headers and maybe a turbo. Or two. I would rather have Skitime's or Yellowstone's though.

Seriously, remove the rubberband and install an engine...

+1... it needs to sound and go like a Ferrari

Very nicely put together kit... not so sure on the interior but hey, that's just me.
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2011 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Try this thread:
http://www.madmechanics.com...-on-testarossa-kits/

Bob

Look at page 2 of this link! Man, I wonder what that kit would cost? Those are fantastic looking body molds.
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2011 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Hey Randy, thanks for sharing the pics! Awesome car.

I think it's in good hands, good luck!

------------------
Top Line Group Automotive
-Aftermarket accessories for the Fiero
www.TLG-Store.com
Find TLG on Facebook!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave