2010 Fiero GT, what it could have been... 3D modelling project by gh0st
Started on: 07-04-2010 10:21 PM
Replies: 33
Last post by: pontiackid86 on 10-29-2011 10:49 AM
gh0st

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2010 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gh0stSend a Private Message to gh0stDirect Link to This Post
I got this idea when I read an article about a company who takes 2010 Camaros and modifies them to look like what a 2010 Trans Am would look like (seen below).

I starting thinking about how modern styling would look on our Fieros, so I made this sketch to get my ideas flowing.

(alot of the middle lines aren't dark enough to see, you might have to look at your screen from a different angle, I may have to go over all the lines in photoshop)

Now, this drawing is no master piece, there were alot of angles and styling ques I wasn't skilled enough to draw (hence the 3D model ). While I was drawing I looked and some Pontiacs from 2009, mainly the G8 GXP, and tried to include some lines and angles from those cars. Before I go to make my reference images for creating the model, what ideas do you guys have? What do you like or dislike or want to change or add?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2010 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
Still love the prototype from 89:

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 07-04-2010).]

gh0st

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2010 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gh0stSend a Private Message to gh0stDirect Link to This Post
Eh, I just "okay". I think they kinda ditched some of the styling I favored most. It's almost like they tried to make it look too futuristic. The more I look at it the more I like it though, I will give it that.

[This message has been edited by gh0st (edited 07-04-2010).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2010 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
Looks too much like a Camaro from the side....but they had the right idea with the 3.4 motor they installed
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2010 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Looks too much like a Camaro from the side....but they had the right idea with the 3.4 motor they installed

Had they made it for 1989, everyone would have said that the 93 Camaro looks too much like a Fiero from the side instead
CrazyBernie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2010 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyBernieSend a Private Message to CrazyBernieDirect Link to This Post

Before I go to make my reference images for creating the model, what ideas do you guys have? What do you like or dislike or want to change or add?

I would probably ditch the tip-up headlights... they're not really "2010"-ish. Maybe something similar to the Saturn Sky?

[This message has been edited by CrazyBernie (edited 07-05-2010).]

aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2010 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzDirect Link to This Post
Nice sketch, but looks just like a regular Fiero with a new front fascia and fender flares.

I'd say something like this if it ever happened...
gh0st

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2010 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gh0stSend a Private Message to gh0stDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aeffertz:

Nice sketch, but looks just like a regular Fiero with a new front fascia and fender flares.

I'd say something like this if it ever happened...

I really like those Corvette style scoops, I'll add something like those but backwards.

I "tried" to include the body lines from the G8, but it just isn't a good enough drawing.

gh0st

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2010 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gh0stSend a Private Message to gh0stDirect Link to This Post

gh0st

69 posts
Member since May 2010
Got the first side reference image done, well not done, still might change some stuff. You know what I mean.

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2010 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post
THIS:

is what keeps running through my addled brain regarding a "modern" approach to the Fiero.
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2010 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

THIS:

is what keeps running through my addled brain regarding a "modern" approach to the Fiero.

PFF
System Bot
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2010 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Direct Link to This Post
if you build it the buyers will come . nice job, the best one i have seen yet. i love it
gh0st

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gh0stSend a Private Message to gh0stDirect Link to This Post
I got the front bumper and part of the fender done. What do you guys think? It still needs grills, lights, paint, the fiero emblem, ect. but all the detailing will be done after the car is complete and all the shapes are final. The shadowing is odd on some parts, I'll have to figure out how to fix that.

fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post
What program are you using? Blender?
gh0st

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gh0stSend a Private Message to gh0stDirect Link to This Post
Yep, Blender 3D. This is my first time using it.
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
Not to take away from the OP, but...

I'd own one.

Now ghOst, you have to get away from the 80's styling cues altogether to make a modern representation. I know you aren't finished with the model, but the sketches look like an existing Fiero with a couple mods. Also think about things like windshield angle and curvature, A pillar thickness, roof ditch thickness, etc.

As far as mods for existing Fieros are concerned, though, those sketches look pretty sweet!

------------------

'10 Camaro LT/RS, 312hp V6 6-speed
'88 Fiero GT - coming soon! - Project MIDTRBO

The rest of my cars are for sale
There's no replacement for turbo placement

iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Direct Link to This Post
I would buy a kit like that. That looks good.
HausFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroDirect Link to This Post

THIS:

That looks cool and everything but I really don't think a 2010 fiero would look like that.. That just looks like a lambo with a couple fiero features like the quarter windows and front bumper... I think the 2010 fiero would look more like the 2010 camaro or a end model g6 or sky. gotta remember the fiero wasn't made to be a supercar or anything, just a econo-sports car
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I would think it would be somthing that would have replaced the 4th gen trans am body wise. Exotic looking but with american power.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 07-14-2010).]

Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HausFiero:

That looks cool and everything but I really don't think a 2010 fiero would look like that.. That just looks like a lambo with a couple fiero features like the quarter windows and front bumper... I think the 2010 fiero would look more like the 2010 camaro or a end model g6 or sky. gotta remember the fiero wasn't made to be a supercar or anything, just a econo-sports car

True, but in '88 they were starting to take it into the sport commuter market, and didn't the '90 concept have a SBC in it? That's awful sporty for an econo/commuter. With the models being presented, it's hard to imagine some being mid-engine. If it were me and I had any artistic ability, since it started the move to sports car performance, I would make it a sports car and design it around it being mid-engine and show it off. Just my $.02
PFF
System Bot
HausFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroDirect Link to This Post
I hear ya

as for the '90 prototype, I thought it had the 3.4 tdc
tednelson83

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 04:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Direct Link to This Post

I hear ya

as for the '90 prototype, I thought it had the 3.4 tdc

it was actualy a prototype of the 3.4, but in a 3.2L dohc version.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post

THIS:

That is very nice... it is obviously pontaic with fiero fastback flair to it.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post07-14-2010 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally it was sold as a commuter car, because GM wouldn't let the sports car roll through the line. Had the Fiero not been cancelled, who knows what it would be sold as today (or by the end of Pontiac). But GM has been consistently making bad decisions with the Pontiac brand, and hence lead to its demise. I'm pretty sure that if the Fiero had still been produced in 09, it would indeed have been an economy supercar, much like the Vette is.
gh0st

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gh0stSend a Private Message to gh0stDirect Link to This Post
Updates...

The headlights would look good either way, set in or flip up... I might have to try both.

[This message has been edited by gh0st (edited 07-14-2010).]

Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
dont forget all pontiacs have two openings on either side of the arrow head normally, thats the signature pontiac design
gh0st

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gh0stSend a Private Message to gh0stDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hockaday:

dont forget all pontiacs have two openings on either side of the arrow head normally, thats the signature pontiac design

I plan on making it like this:

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2011 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
It took an enthusist to make the first bodykit.
The fiero was a commuter car the Gt was adding sports styling.
If they were to continue to build a commuter car it wouldn't look like an exotic sports car.
Lamborghini was to make a concept commuter so it would look much like this

The fiero of 2011 would look like the above Suv not like the coupe it was or worse it will look like a smart car.
The other muscle cars eg Camero have also become more taller and boxy not low and wide.
If you thinking it would look like a exotic sports car in 2010 look around you every car is getting taller especially wagons and hatch backs. The 2010 fast back Mustang isn't exactly a low rider either. 2010 is not a good time for a re-release of a commuter car if they made no low power model and made only sports cars and marketed as sports cars only then may you see a low riding exotic.
Reality is cars are made taller and a commuter wouldn't ever be made as long or even to look cool in 2010.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 10-29-2011).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2011 03:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Wernt they going to name the solstice fiero?
Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2011 03:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Wernt they going to name the solstice fiero?

god i hope not that would have been bad, a front engine remake of a mid engine car? YACK! altho i loved the solstice if i could get my hands on an SS id be in heaven but fat chance of that they prolly go for 15k with 65k miles on them
PFF
System Bot
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2011 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
Not drawing it. Im building my version of it with LS4 option here //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000126.html
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-29-2011 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:
It took an enthusist to make the first bodykit.
The fiero was a commuter car the Gt was adding sports styling.
If they were to continue to build a commuter car it wouldn't look like an exotic sports car.

The Fiero was only a commuter car, so that they could get it on the market. They always wanted it to be a sports car. And in that last 25 years before the demise of Pontiac all together, and given that they built the Kappa platform, I think it's pretty safe to assume that if they had brought back the Fiero instead of building the Kappa, it would have been a proper sports car.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2011 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Niterrorz:

god i hope not that would have been bad, a front engine remake of a mid engine car? YACK! altho i loved the solstice if i could get my hands on an SS id be in heaven but fat chance of that they prolly go for 15k with 65k miles on them

Not always.. I got mine.. Its not a GXP but i got mine with 28K on it with everything but XM and onstart for $11K
The time to buy them is in the winter cuz in the summer there prices sky rocket.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock