Started on: 06-08-2010 03:22 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: carnut122 on 06-22-2011 02:34 AM
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchDirect Link to This Post
I have completed a relatively inexpensive makeover of my yellow and black car. Here are some before and after pictures with explanations of what was done.

Before

After

The changes you can see here are:
1. Door jam painted. The car was originally red, but some skin pieces were replaced with white.
2. Center console, carpet, and various plastic pieces such as A and B pillar, door piece, and others were painted with Duplicolor charcoal gray.
3. Curl at bottom of center console removed by re-gluing. (Other curled pieces fixed also).

Before

After

1. Yellow painted dash trim pieces removed and replaced with pieces overlaid with faux machined gold.
2. The one remaining horn paddle removed and system modified so that pressing the pad beeps the horn.
3. Power windows and (aftermarket) power locks installed. (The red and black buttons are for the locks.)
4. Shifter replaced with 84 short shifter and custom knob installed.
5. One of the last aftermarket glove boxes available installed.
6. HuMount radio mount and new radio installed. It has a darker color surround that blends in.
7. Knee knocker cap installed. (The before doesn't show it, but the knee knocker was pretty bad.)

Before

After

1. Poorly done home-made cloth covered yellow sun visors replaced with MrMike's faux leather.
2. Door skin (both plastic and carpet) painted with Duplicolor charcoal gray.
3. Door handle painted black, and black map pocket installed (to cover removed crank hole).

And here is another picture that I don't have a before picture for:

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ARKaiser

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserDirect Link to This Post
Very nice changes. The best one for me was the change to the machined gold inserts. The solid yellow was just to stark for my taste. The change to the gray also helps as it takes the blue cast of the old interior, which conflicted with your color scheme, away.

Where did you did the machined gold from? I'm looking for something like that in a brownish bronze.
TopNotch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchDirect Link to This Post
I got it from hotrodworks.net. It comes in a roll. You cut a piece, apply it, and then trim carefully with an exacto knife. Keep a sharpening stone handy, because you will have to sharpen the knife frequently.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Looks better. If I may suggest one thing that is taking away from your interior, it is the floor mats. If you replace them with some nice grey or black ones, it would look a lot better in my opinion.

TopNotch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchDirect Link to This Post
Those are my "daily driver" floor mats. I have some Georgia Tech mats for showing the car.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
sounds good!
yellowstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
I second that. I think it still has too much yellow but that's just me....

Originally posted by doublec4:

Looks better. If I may suggest one thing that is taking away from your interior, it is the floor mats. If you replace them with some nice grey or black ones, it would look a lot better in my opinion.

katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Looks good Top - I have always loved your car.
Philero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhileroSend a Private Message to PhileroDirect Link to This Post
I LOVE the color scheme... but have a question (simply so I can be sure not to have this problem - if it is one!)

I want to paint my Archie dash yellow, but I see the mad reflection of your speaker grills. How does this affect your ability to see out the windshield and would it be worse if the whole dash was bright yellow?

If so, I will do a portion in matte black or satin black, and the rest yellow.

Thanks for any input.

------------------
Phil
Always trying to create something new!
'88 SE
'86 GT
'87 GT Extreme body mod and 2.8L Turbo Propane powered (in the garage and getting closer to being completed)

TopNotch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchDirect Link to This Post
The speaker grills hurt visibility a little, and hurt taking pictures out the windshield more. I'm thinking of making them black.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Looks very nice!
PFF
System Bot
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2011 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by TopNotch:

Those are my "daily driver" floor mats. I have some Georgia Tech mats for showing the car.

I think some red and black Bulldog mats would be MUCH better!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock