Quicksilver Zimmer Found in GA by Indyrestoration
Started on: 05-25-2010 09:29 PM
Replies: 40
Last post by: Reallybig on 06-16-2011 01:52 AM
Indyrestoration

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyrestorationSend a Private Message to IndyrestorationDirect Link to This Post
While driving this afternoon in Rome GA I spotted a black Quicksilver Zimmer in the back of a parking lot. Black and the car is for sale located at Georgia Auto Brokers in Rome. I would hate to see this car go to waste. Just wanted to let everyone know in case anyone was interested in the car. Looks to be in decent shape, of course needs a little work but all is there.

Eric
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Dang, that's almost up near Chattanooga TN. Just a bit too far for me.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Nice rare car, but man those looks must have been acquired tastes.
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

i think they look awesome lol
grkboy707

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
I never did get it... Were they just a customized Fiero? It seems like their longer. Especially how they have a front compartment.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
Please let it stay there and rot away....definately an acquired taste

Originally posted by grkboy707:

I never did get it... Were they just a customized Fiero? It seems like their longer. Especially how they have a front compartment.

They were customized Fieros for pimps and ho's

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 05-25-2010).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
quick glance hmmm a rear engine toronodo lol!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

hehehe i am glad somebody else said it first.

i never did understand how anybody liked them.

But i believe they did have power steering units that are a nice find ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 05-25-2010).]

faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post
i still thinkg they look cool...particularly the one i posted in the thread about scary/mean looking cars
86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
I really like them. Not my first choice for a fiero, but I would definitely rock one
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

i never did understand how anybody liked them.

You definitely would like a chopped one...

I'd be rockin one if I could afford another Fiero.
PFF
System Bot
Wayneh70

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Wayneh70Send a Private Message to Wayneh70Direct Link to This Post

I didn't know Lee Iacocca submitted a Fiero design!
steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Direct Link to This Post
came with power steering if I remember correctly!
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post
I wonder how many were actually sold and what the build process was. were they just buying cars at a dealership and redoing them, did they have a deal with GM and bought a whole bunch of cars without panels ... It would be nice to know more about these cars.

------------------

AKA. FieroAlex
Not related in any way to the FieroMontreal club

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
On this design they extended the length of a Fiero to the size of a Chrysler, kept the two passenger cabin, added power steering, a custom interior, wire wheels and about 700 lbs of weight . The result is a slow, heavy, poor handling, Fiero with a $40,000 price tag that would make the best of the pimps proud. All you need is the black hat with the white feather and you're good to go.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
i like them. i've always thought it would look even better as a convertible.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMontreal:

I wonder how many were actually sold and what the build process was. were they just buying cars at a dealership and redoing them, did they have a deal with GM and bought a whole bunch of cars without panels ... It would be nice to know more about these cars.

The way I understand it Zimmer purchased complete 2M6 coupes and used them for the base platform. They probably got a good price on them as I believe about 200 Zimmer Quicksilvers were built. I've seen them closeup and they are fascinating but how many of us want to make our Fiero into a heavy highway cruiser that weighs in at over 3800 lbs. Those F/R steel bumpers alone probably add 200 lbs., the PS unit maybe 75lbs and then we need to add in the custom interior and of the fiberglas paneling. THose things drove like expensive "boat anchors".

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

. THose things drove like expensive "boat anchors".

Maybe in stock form...but the Zimmer can accept all the familiar engine upgrades. I saw one at Daytona with a 4.9. While still not as heavy as the Caddy, it probably is a fun ride. Put an LS3 in there and you have a very nice ride!
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Most interesting part of the cars...

I think I saw one around here not too long ago but wasn't sure what it was (saw it from behind and couldn't exactly place it).
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

The way I understand it Zimmer purchased complete 2M6 coupes and used them for the base platform. They probably got a good price on them as I believe about 200 Zimmer Quicksilvers were built. I've seen them closeup and they are fascinating but how many of us want to make our Fiero into a heavy highway cruiser that weighs in at over 3800 lbs. Those F/R steel bumpers alone probably add 200 lbs., the PS unit maybe 75lbs and then we need to add in the custom interior and of the fiberglas paneling. THose things drove like expensive "boat anchors".

Interesting, I didn't know they sold so many. I wonder if they bought the whole 200 Fiero's one shot and if so, if they were a bunch of bumper pad 2m6 's or aero 2m6's. Maybe there's a vin sequence for these zimmer cars. Do they still retaine the fiero Vin # or were they replaced by a Zimmer Vin and tittle? I'm surprised there isn't an owners groupe or someone with a zimmer on here.
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
omg i must have one...
PFF
System Bot
bowrapennocks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bowrapennocksDirect Link to This Post
I have seen three in the Seattle area. A red one is in the LeMay museum in Tacoma, WA. There was a 4K mile red one recently sold at a dealer in Lynnwood, WA. There is also a silver one in Friday Harbor on San Juan Island. I was in the ferry line last summer and had a chance to look over the silver one. Interesting (but ugly) car. Zimmer did a great job on the Fiero dash by added an overlay to make it look like a more modern dash. It looks like they redid the stock seats with a great new leather design. The silver one was purchased in HI by the current owner. I think it was pretty low miles, but he had to rechrome everything. With those huge bumpers and wire wheels the bill must have been pretty high. In the rear, there is a separate lid for the engine and trunk. There is another Fiero rebody in my area as well. A friend if mine bought an Enterra, 35 of which were made in Vancouver BC.
Jim
Bullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BulletSend a Private Message to BulletDirect Link to This Post
When ever I see a Zimmer I think if I ever owned one I’d also need and outfit like this…..

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
One of our lucky forum members found one in a junk yard and pulled the whole power steering system out of it.
The MaD cOw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The MaD cOwSend a Private Message to The MaD cOwDirect Link to This Post
Anyone have any interior shots out of curiosity?
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bullet:

When ever I see a Zimmer I think if I ever owned one I’d also need and outfit like this…..

that was my Halloween costume...mine was green, but it was that same exact costume (it sucks btw....)
JPH87

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Direct Link to This Post
I would rather walk
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JPH87:

I would rather walk

Fiero owners usually do at one point or another...

I love it! But hate it as a Fiero...
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by The MaD cOw:

Anyone have any interior shots out of curiosity?

Zimmer posting party

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...050818-1-048839.html
Zimmerator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZimmeratorSend a Private Message to ZimmeratorDirect Link to This Post
The Quicksilver are not so heavy : mine was rated at 2900 or so ( 1350 kg ) before shipping from Florida to Belgium . And mine will be very close ( in wheight ) to a Fiero because front and rear bumpers are damaged and will be recreated in polyester and airco deleted . Transmission is about to be swapped with a getrag and all the brakes and suspensions are already redone with new parts from Fierostore , including rear swaybar . For the engine , I hasitate but probably a 3.1 stoker kit with intake and exhaust manifolds . Wheels are torque trust style ( very similar to original ) in 8 x 18 " , machine gun . Of course , interior is being redone too .
I will call it " velocyraptor "
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zimmerator:

The Quicksilver are not so heavy : mine was rated at 2900 or so ( 1350 kg ) before shipping from Florida to Belgium . And mine will be very close ( in wheight ) to a Fiero because front and rear bumpers are damaged and will be recreated in polyester and airco deleted . Transmission is about to be swapped with a getrag and all the brakes and suspensions are already redone with new parts from Fierostore , including rear swaybar . For the engine , I hasitate but probably a 3.1 stoker kit with intake and exhaust manifolds . Wheels are torque trust style ( very similar to original ) in 8 x 18 " , machine gun . Of course , interior is being redone too .
I will call it " velocyraptor "

chop it and call it the "QuickSliver" lol
PFF
System Bot
Zimmerator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 04:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZimmeratorSend a Private Message to ZimmeratorDirect Link to This Post
Indyrestauration , do you know how much he ask for that black Zimmer ? Thanks
Indyrestoration

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyrestorationSend a Private Message to IndyrestorationDirect Link to This Post
800 Martha Berry Boulevard
Rome, GA 30165-1640
(706) 232-3242

I asked when I stopped by but the guy that I talked to did not know. Give them a call, let us know what you find out condition also.

Eric
Zimmerator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZimmeratorSend a Private Message to ZimmeratorDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Eric for the info but I'm currently in Belgium than I prefer not to have a costly international call ; It was mostly a matter of curiosity ( to compare with mine ) .
Anyway , if somebody call them , I appreciate to have the info .
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

THE MOST AWESOME AUTOMOBILE IN THE WORLD

the 4-DOOR CONVERTIBLE

Be the first in your neighborhood to have one!

Manufactured on a new Lincoln Town Car base.

LOL... a gussied up Town Car...
Indyrestoration

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyrestorationSend a Private Message to IndyrestorationDirect Link to This Post
I called the place today. He told me that he would take $4,500 for it and the car has 15k on it.
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Indyrestoration:

I called the place today. He told me that he would take $4,500 for it and the car has 15k on it.

wish i had the money...i like em
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
Indyrestoration,

Do you got a picture of the black Zimmer the one in Rome GA.? Just wondering, it might be fun to see.

Cordially,
Kevin

[This message has been edited by kevin (edited 06-02-2010).]

88RedFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88RedFormulaSend a Private Message to 88RedFormulaDirect Link to This Post
Thats an, er... interesting looking car. *cough*
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Indyrestoration:

is it still forsale?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock