Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  The official TLG sponsorship thread. :) (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
The official TLG sponsorship thread. :) by Tony Kania
Started on: 02-09-2010 01:52 PM
Replies: 59
Last post by: Tony Kania on 12-17-2011 11:27 AM
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-09-2010 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.tlg-auto.com/
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/078772.html
Well, it seems that Top Line Group (TLG) has picked my 87GT for their year long sponsorship campaign. I am opening up this thread to showcase TLG products. This thread will be updated with pics and info throught the year. TLG is run by a forum member that goes by the screen name Oslo. I have purchased from TLG in the past, and have found that their products, packageing, and shipping have continously been top notch. TLG is also a Pennock's sponsor, and is actively involved in the Fiero community.

During this sponsorship program, I will be recieving and installing several TLG products to showoff:

1. HID Conversion Kit................................ http://www.tlg-auto.com/sho..._id=13&category_id=2
2. LED Dome Light Conversion Kit.............. http://www.tlg-auto.com/sho..._id=16&category_id=2
3. LED Floor Courtesy Conversion Kit......... http://www.tlg-auto.com/sho..._id=15&category_id=2
4. Center Console subwoofer plate.............. http://www.tlg-auto.com/sho...t_id=3&category_id=2
5. Auxiliary triple gauge panel..................... http://www.tlg-auto.com/sho..._id=23&category_id=2
6. Corvette C6 exhaust tips......................... http://www.tlg-auto.com/sho...t_id=2&category_id=2
7. CS-X3 Air Freshener............................... http://www.tlg-auto.com/sho...t_id=5&category_id=2

My 87GT

To say that I am excited is a true understatement. I have already purchased, and installed the TLG Stealth Wingstands. They give my GT a low profile look, without being overstated. I have always thought that the 80's wing on the Fiero needed something, and TLG came up with it.

Stock GT wingstands:

http://www.tlg-auto.com/sho..._id=19&category_id=2
TLG Stealth wingstands:

http://www.tlg-auto.com/sho..._id=15&category_id=2
http://www.tlg-auto.com/sho..._id=16&category_id=2
I went ahead and installed the LED lighting that TLG offers. The drivers side is complete in the next pic. It gives a great comparison of the difference between filament bulbs, and the LED lighting kits:

With all LED lighting installed:

I am planning on swapping out the bulbs in my trunk, engine bay, and spare tire well. I really like the look of the updated lighting.

Please feel free to leave any questions, or comments. This thread will be updated as the install progresses. I have already installed the HID lightinging on my GT. Pics will follow soon. The HID lighting is a direct plug and play system. It is as easy as changing the stock bulbs out, and connecting the easy to understand harness. I went from Sylvania Silver Stars, which are a nice upgrade from the stock lights, to installing the Xenon kit. I won't be going back any time soon. The light output is just amazing.

Thanks for looking,

Tony

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 02-12-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on winning the sponsorship. Your Fiero looks pretty sweet, too.
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXDirect Link to This Post
Your car looks good!

Those wingstands are subtle, but awesome. I wonder if something like that could be done for the notch, like my pace car.
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
I've been wondering about their plug-and-play HID kits... How is the light output vs cutoff pattern? I've been blinded far too many times by people around here driving their imports with the eBay kits.

Just wondering if the quality here is any different. Nice GT by the way I hope to get my car to show-quality at some point.
GS Jon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
I see several things I wouldn't mind getting. The gauge cluster, LED lighting and stealth wingstands all look fantastic. I'm glad you've won the sponsorship and jumped in feet first. Very nice work!

Now, time to browse the TLG site...
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-09-2010 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the compliments! I love my GT.

I will definately be posting up pics of everything as the install progresses. I did install the lights, but I had problems with the 20 plus year old headlight brackets. After solveing that issue, I landed up breaking off one of the headlight adjusters. I did get to inspect the light output after installing them, and I am very happy with it. I just was not able to adjust them properly, and don't want to post pics until they are properly aimed. I plan on compareing the light output to Amy's 04 Audi A6 with Xenon lamps. I believe that the Audi lamps are going to be a nice comparison to judge the TLG lamps by. The Audi has the most amazing lights of any car that I have ever owned. After I get the adjuster fixed, I wil positively post up some pics.

Once again, I would really like to thank Oslo, and TLG for their support of our passion. It is an honor to represent TLG, and I plan on doing a damn fine job at it.
------------------

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 02-09-2010).]

Nilknarf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NilknarfSend a Private Message to NilknarfDirect Link to This Post
Where did you get that cup holder setup at?
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

I've been wondering about their plug-and-play HID kits... How is the light output vs cutoff pattern? I've been blinded far too many times by people around here driving their imports with the eBay kits.

Just wondering if the quality here is any different. Nice GT by the way I hope to get my car to show-quality at some point.

Skuzzbomer - to answer your question I should clarify that there is no way to measure "light output" in terms of power and "cutoff pattern" as they are unrelated.

To create a cutoff in the light output the lens needs to have some type of shield integrated in the light (most commonly used in projector lamps) and there is no replacement housing for the Fiero that has this availalbe therefore there will be no cutoff line associated with our HID conversion kit. In order to get the cutoff line you would need to buy Fiero1Fan's quad projector headlight kit.

In short, there is no cut-off. The light output style will be similar to that of a standard halogen housing but with much more light output. If you have comments or questions about what constitutes legality with HID headlights, please search the forum for a few heated discussions. I ask politely if you do not agree with personally installing this type of mod that you direct the condemning comments to a relevant thread, or PM me directly. Thanks!
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

After solveing that issue, I landed up breaking off one of the headlight adjusters. I did get to inspect the light output after installing them, and I am very happy with it. I just was not able to adjust them properly, and don't want to post pics until they are properly aimed.

If you need adjuster clips, both Rockauto and Rodney Dickman sell them. I'm sure you already knew this though.
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

skuzzbomer

7492 posts
Member since Sep 2009

Originally posted by Oslo:

Skuzzbomer - to answer your question I should clarify that there is no way to measure "light output" in terms of power and "cutoff pattern" as they are unrelated.

To create a cutoff in the light output the lens needs to have some type of shield integrated in the light (most commonly used in projector lamps) and there is no replacement housing for the Fiero that has this availalbe therefore there will be no cutoff line associated with our HID conversion kit. In order to get the cutoff line you would need to buy Fiero1Fan's quad projector headlight kit.

In short, there is no cut-off. The light output style will be similar to that of a standard halogen housing but with much more light output. If you have comments or questions about what constitutes legality with HID headlights, please search the forum for a few heated discussions. I ask politely if you do not agree with personally installing this type of mod that you direct the condemning comments to a relevant thread, or PM me directly. Thanks!

I don't intend to start a flame war, just asked a question of somebody who is now using your product. Nothing personal.

I'm not trying to hurt business or anything - just asking for an objective opinion on the quality of the replacement unit. I know light output is difficult to measure (scientifically), but in comparison to stock or even stock replacements like Silverstars or Trucklites - just looking for more information/opinions on the products. Of course, if they're really as good as some of your customers have said, more info/reviews could be a boon to sales. I am aware of the legality of such modifications, but it's nice to know more about the items in question. I reserve judgment until I see something like this in person.

I may have worded my question a bit poorly and for that, I do apologize.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-09-2010 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Skuzzboomer: Thanks for the info on the adjuster screws. Tomorrow I am going to play out in the garage, and find the issue. I think that the screw assembly pulled out of the bucket side? I will know more tomorrow.
No need to apologize. Valid questions, get valid answers. I need to fix the adjuster. It was operater error, not product malfunction. I tightened it too much, and it broke. I have not been able to get back to the car to finish the adjustments. I will post pics when done. I do want to say that the build quality on the lighting system is awesome. The connectors are of great quality, and the system as a whole does not look or feel like junk. I am very proud to have this system in my car.

KurtAKX: Here is a pic of a silver notchie with the TLG Stealth stands. (I really like the 18" Audi rims. We have those on Amy's A6, and they are in need of refinishing this spring.)

Nilknarf: I bought the cup holder from Oriley's I believe. It slides in perfectly between the seat and the console.

Tony
PFF
System Bot
kyunderdawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post
Show off!! Incase you didn't catch that, it was sarcasim........and jealousy. As always Tony, great lookin' car. I want those wing stands..... and a wing. Congrats on the sponsorship too.
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

I don't intend to start a flame war, just asked a question of somebody who is now using your product. Nothing personal.

I'm not trying to hurt business or anything - just asking for an objective opinion on the quality of the replacement unit. I know light output is difficult to measure (scientifically), but in comparison to stock or even stock replacements like Silverstars or Trucklites - just looking for more information/opinions on the products. Of course, if they're really as good as some of your customers have said, more info/reviews could be a boon to sales. I am aware of the legality of such modifications, but it's nice to know more about the items in question. I reserve judgment until I see something like this in person.

I may have worded my question a bit poorly and for that, I do apologize.

No problem and I certainly wasn't offended! I'm sorry if my reply came off as a defense, I was just trying to state some facts to help you understand better "what" the product really is. The questions you asked were valid, and my disclaimer was simply an effort to avoid turning this into a big "I Hate HID Lights" thread like what has happened in the past. I don't like loud Hondas either, but I don't complain when someone puts fart cannons on their Fiero! hahaha

[This message has been edited by Oslo (edited 02-10-2010).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I'm going to have to pick up some of thoies wing stands.
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Oslo, I'm glad to know we're not on bad terms...

That being said, back to your regularly scheduled programming everybody!
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXDirect Link to This Post
Man I really like what those TLG wingstands do for the looks (and probably performance) of the wing.

Tony, those headlight adjuster screws and plastic snap-in nuts were on the shelf at Autozone and Advance, when I had some rusty ones round out 3 weeks ago.
AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post
Those wingstands are awesome. If I had a wing, I'd buy those in a second. That makes the rear end look a lot better.

------------------
'88 GT- 3800 Turbo Best E.T.- 11.654 Best MPH-120.65
gmtuners.com -Build info

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-12-2010 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
http://www.tlg-auto.com/sho..._id=13&category_id=2
And to continue on with the progress...HID's are mounted. Everything just plugs right in. I used some 3M double sided automotive tape to stick the ballasts out of the way.

With the buckets moving, you have to be certain that none of the hardware catches. The headlight door assemblies need to be take into consideration also. The spring mechanisms need to sit along side the buckets when the hood is closed.

With the stock fitting headlight houseing, the install could have not been any easier.

I fixed my broken headlight retainers, and had time to snap a few pics of the lights at night. I still need to adjust them a bit more. These things are bright! I want to make sure that I don't offend other drivers. With the 8000k bulbs, the color is a bit on the blue side. But, not obnoxious. I keep my tabs and insurance up to par.

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
They look good. You will have some glare issues and many flashes though.

Adjusting them down to cut the upward glare will cause poor lighting, even with HIDs.

I like them, but without that cutoff for the low beams, you are going to get some angry looks and flashes.

If anything, adjust them just a hair to the right of center.

On a level surface, 25 feet from a vertical wall, measure the height from the ground to the center of the lens.

Then, measure the width between lenses, center to center.

On the wall, mark the height, minus 2 inches, and the width, as close to even as you can with where the car sits. Measure the center point between the two lenses as well.

Aim the center of the hot spot of each beam to the marks for vertical adjustment. Then adjust the driver's beam towards center by an inch or so. That should cut down on line of sight flaring and glare for oncoming traffic, and still provide proper lighting to the center and right side of the road.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-12-2010 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
http://www.tlg-auto.com/sho..._id=3&category_id=29
http://www.tlg-auto.com/sho...id=48&category_id=29

When the rain started, I decided to install the TLG subwoofer kit. It mounts where the console glove box went, and is pretty easy to do. I had TLG ship me a bare plate. It can be ordered in a variety of materials. I had an idea of the look that I was going for, and did not need it wrapped.

After a bit of sanding to match the 24 year old console, I shot a coat of black primer to see how the plate and speaker look in the console.

I had some thin black material that I had used to cover my speaker plates in the dash. I stretched this over the plate, and used hot glue to hold it on the back. I also epoxied in the bolts to mount the speaker plate in. I then tightened it from the back. This let the mounting hardware dissappear. I am very happy with the look.

I have yet to do my pillar speakers, but they too will get the same treatment.

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
I would like to post this picture that someone posted on the TLG forum at www.tlg-auto.com/forum

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

This customer did the LED dome light mod and the floor courtesy light mod.
PFF
System Bot
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
I don't mean to post whore, but I also wanted to mention that we are always trying to figure out a way to get a REAL projector housing replacement for the Fiero, but nothing is currently available. The HID conversion that Tony is using works really well on the driver's side of things, but as mentioned it is not 100% ideal.

I have the same kit on my car and have never been flashed, but it is bound to happen eventually.

One last thing: Tony, how does the high/low feature work for you?

[This message has been edited by Oslo (edited 02-12-2010).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-12-2010 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
The high/low works just fine. When I first installed the kit, I had an issue when switching between the two. On random, sometimes the bulb would not reignite. It would always reignite when quickly pressing the headlight switch. I had them on last night for about a half hour run time. I tried to get it to happen again, and it worked perfectly. I could not get the issue to reappear.

A lot of vehicles in my area have HIDs. I have no concern about the legality of the HIDs, I just don't want to offend other drivers. I plan on finding a balance that I can enjoy. They freakin' look cool though!

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Wow, you guys have awesome products for the Fiero, If I had the money I would buy most of those products right now. But sadly, I have none at present. I will totally be a future customer though.
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Can you post up a close up picture of the subwoofer?
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-14-2010 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Chech out TLG"s latest interior upgrade....... http://www.youtube.com/user/TopLineGroup
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-25-2010 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
*Bump*

Working on another TLG install. Pics to follow...
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2010 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Not to hijack, but I installed the LED dome lights and was really impressed. They are bright! You can actually read a map using the map lights now.
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2010 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
I wonder, has anyone tried some sort of "eyelid" for the HID headlights? Would a vinyl on the lens provide some sort of cutoff - I think a white or slightly opaque vinyl could work... Just spitballing here, pay no mind.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-29-2010 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
It's been a minute!

TLG sent me another box of goodies last week.

Level II Subwoofer Kit............................ http://www.tlg-auto.com/sho..._id=69&category_id=2
Fiero LED Third Brake Light................... http://www.tlg-auto.com/sho..._id=91&category_id=2
Fiero Trunk LED.................................... http://www.tlg-auto.com/sho..._id=87&category_id=2
TLG Stickers......................................... http://www.tlg-auto.com/sho..._id=70&category_id=2

I started off by installing the Level II Subwoofer Enclosure. I needed to remove the console to run the wiring for the guage pod anyway. The Level II unit requires a bit of cutting to the inside of the console for the sub box to fit flush.

After cutting the black plastic from the back, I was able to get a nice clean cut with a razor from the inside of the console.

I did the same cloth treatment that I did to my front speaker covers. (The camera makes it look more transparent than it is.)

Here you can kind of see how I hot glued the fabric to the back lip of the enclosure.

Guess what's next?

Yep. Guage pod. I had purchased some aftermarket guages for the Fiero, and the TLG Triple Guage Pod fits the picture. http://www.tlg-auto.com/sho..._id=23&category_id=2 I built a harness to go from the senders, to the guages, all soldered and shrink wrapped. Wired in the lighting to work with the stock dimmer. (I need to make the bulbs in the guages dimmer.)

Made a cardboard guage pod so as not to scratch the TLG one while I ran the wires.

All installed!

Like I said, I need to tone down the guage lights a little. I also painted the aluminum TLG guage pod semi-flat black. I planned on painting the rest of the console and guage plastic the same, but after seeing the black, I am leaning towards more of a silver to match my rims. I will also need to snap a few pics of the LED lighting for the trunk, and 3rd brake light. It got late last night, and I did not grab any shots of the LEDs. The sub box sounds awesome. It is an enclosed box, and fits the volume of the 8" Pioneer quite well.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 03-29-2010).]

Ditkaphile

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DitkaphileSend a Private Message to DitkaphileDirect Link to This Post
Definitely some excellent products.
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-29-2010 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Almost forgot, I have talked with Oslo about the Level I Subwoofer Enclosure.... http://www.tlg-auto.com/sho..._id=3&category_id=27 .... and he decided to let somebody else enjoy it for free! Now, I had installed this a month or so ago, there is some hot glue on the back, and I painted it flat black to fit my theme. But, this is a free 8" plate that lets you install some bass in your ride. The only thing that I ask is that you actually use it. So, if there is anyone that wants some free TLG swag, then PM me. I will ship it out to you for FREE! Your only cost is that you will need to use it. Just don't let it sit on a shelf.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-29-2010 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post

Tony Kania

20794 posts
Member since Dec 2008
Forgot to mention, with all of the LED interior lighting, I have had some very positive comments. The reaction is pretty cool. I have had folks come over while I gassed up to comment about the lighting. One kid thought it looked like a space ship. Another young man was staring at my GT the other night after we got out of the movies. The poor kid didn't know what kind of a car it was? It was nice to pop on the HID headlights, and open up the doors. These mods really helps bring our little cars into the 21st century.

The guage pod couldn't have been a better fit. I have wanted aftermarket guages for a while now, and consider them to be cheap insurance. How many times have I not trusted my oil guage? Just keeps the anxiety down.

I still need to measure and cut my exaust for the Corvette exaust tips. Those will be coming up shortly.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 03-29-2010).]

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting pics! Can't wait to see the Vette exhaust tips!
DougC

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DougCSend a Private Message to DougCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oslo:

I don't mean to post whore, but I also wanted to mention that we are always trying to figure out a way to get a REAL projector housing replacement for the Fiero, but nothing is currently available.

If you're open to suggestions, what I'd like to see is the normal rectangular style headlights, only half as tall (or maybe 3/4s, just shorter basically) than stock. I like the lower rise of the hellas, but god that's expensive

And to keep this on topic... Looking great Tony, you should see about making it over to Arlington in June to show off
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by DougC:

If you're open to suggestions, what I'd like to see is the normal rectangular style headlights, only half as tall (or maybe 3/4s, just shorter basically) than stock. I like the lower rise of the hellas, but god that's expensive

And to keep this on topic... Looking great Tony, you should see about making it over to Arlington in June to show off

Something like these?

I think at some point, Fiero1Fan was going to make a bucket for them similar to what he made for the hellas but there wasnt a whole lot of demand? I just made my own by cutting up stock buckets. Maybe Oslo could make up a bracket that works for these 4x6 headlights, retain the stock bucket (cut it) and voila you have slim rectangle pop ups that are cheaper? Just a thought.

Heres a link to the write up I did on these:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/076247.html

------------------

Check out my build!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html

Dogcreek

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DogcreekSend a Private Message to DogcreekDirect Link to This Post
Hi Tony! Check your PM's!! We cruised by a couple of weeks ago in the Porvette and didn't see you around... Cruising time is coming!!

Jeff

------------------

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-30-2010 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
I have all of the parts for the tips. I just need to make an appointment with FieroKing about welding them on.

Dogcreek is going to take the TLG 8" speaker plate. With him living only a mile or two from me, it saves on the shipping fees. And, I will be able to help install it for him. (I did get one PM asking me to ship it to Canada. I apologize for not saying that I would ship to the continental U.S. )

Oh, Arlington is a definate. I did not make it out last year due to work. But, this year I guarantee that I will not be working during this event. I also can't wait for Fierofest 2010 in the Tri-Cities. I am thinking that this summer will be one of the best ones ever for the Fiero. The weather here in the Inland Northwest has just been phenominal this past winter. Thank you El Nina!

DoubleC4... As always, saweeeeet!
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

+1. I've been wondering the same thing..

Those stupid eBay HID kits give us guys with factory HID lights a bad reputation..

You can usually tell the eBay HID's, because they're crazy blue, like 7000k or more.
(factory is 4500K to 5000K = pure white)
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Austrian Import

3919 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Originally posted by Nilknarf:

Where did you get that cup holder setup at?

I like your cup holder setup as well. Does it interfere much with the passenger?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock