Started on: 12-18-2009 10:32 PM
Replies: 162
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 01-12-2012 07:07 PM
mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2010 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

X2 on upgrading the springs when running the 1.9s rockers. I would at least bump up to 90# LS1 springs to keep away from any valve float that might occur at higher shift points. Are they re-worked stock rockers(best type IMO) or roller tips? I ran re-worked 1.9s on my first swap with stock springs with no issues but it was a 97 motor also. With all that is going into the motor parts wise might as well grab a set of springs to be on the safe side.
I ordered from ZZP twice in the last few weeks and both orders where here in 2-4 days.

They're the reworked stockers. I have thought about doing the springs. I have until the engine is done to decide I guess. The guys at the shop told me it was up to me on the springs, since I was looking for economy at first. They're not that much more and they have to be dealt with to do the rockers anyway, so I might. I'll let you guys know.

EDIT** WOOHOO page 2!!

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 01-10-2010).]

IP: Logged
TEXASGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
User Banned

Report this Post01-11-2010 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TEXASGTSend a Private Message to TEXASGTDirect Link to This Post

I ordered from ZZP twice in the last few weeks and both orders where here in 2-4 days.

Thats so odd? I ordered all at the same time right before Xmas and packages are only in the last week starting to show up.

The 1.9 rockers are these http://www.zzperformance.co...php?id=426&catid=104

Springs http://www.zzperformance.co...php?id=113&catid=104

[This message has been edited by TEXASGT (edited 01-11-2010).]

GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2010 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
Any updates?
JamesCurtis

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2010 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisDirect Link to This Post
Updates?

------------------

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2010 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JamesCurtis:

Updates?

Doudt we will see an update being any comments made torward the swap where taken to be negative . I just hope the swap turns out right. If not atleast there is plenty of people on the Forum that can help get it right.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2010 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
There will be updates... waiting on some stuff then we will get moving again.
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2010 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
Hell yeah, don't give up on us yet buddy!
JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2010 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisDirect Link to This Post
Oh the joys of waiting, i don't envy you a bit in this stage. It'll be sweet when it's running though!
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2010 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately, because of the untimely ending of my shop's relationship with the forum, I've had to get some parts for the build. I just received the mounts today (FieroX's thanks Ryan) and am waiting for the dogbone (Rodnay Dickman's adjustable thanks Rodney). I have decided to go for it, and have ordered a ZZP short stack inter-cooler, new double roller timing chain, upgraded injectors, and fuel logs. They should be arriving early next week. With the inter-cooler, I will be able to run the 3.2 pulley (look in the mall for my 3.4 pulley to be for sale after I'm sure we won't need it). We're going to shoot for 350 whp with the car now, which should be enough hp to get myself killed (with a smile on my face).

We're putting in a turbo Sunbird tach / boost gauge and I am the recipient of some goodies from the fallout, especially since TEXASGT sold his Fiero. I got the clear lense covers he had (never installed), and clear side markers, as well as a Holley side scoop. We're also doing the suspension. KYB's all the way around, and as long as everything goes through something no one else will have as far as I know. Will (TEXASGT) was in the process of negotiating with Eibach to do a one time limited run of springs for the 88 year of Fiero. This was an exclusive deal he was working on with them, and only 25 sets were going to be produced. I don't know if it is still going through but if it does, my car will be the first to get a set. If not, I guess I find something else. I haven't prepaid for them or anything so I won't be out anything if it doesn't materialize.

In the meantime the guys at Split Second have also been working on my 1993 3000GT. It needed a few minor repairs, and it's now ready to go. Well, that's it for now, more info later this week.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2010 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

mptighe

3321 posts
Member since Aug 2009

Doudt we will see an update being any comments made torward the swap where taken to be negative . I just hope the swap turns out right. If not atleast there is plenty of people on the Forum that can help get it right.

I'm glad you guys are here for sure. I still trust my guys will do this right. It's good to have the community as well though, even if it's like being at a family reunion. My family NEVER gets along, so this is pretty familiar ground for me.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2010 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
The SS IC will keep U covered on the 3.2 pulley and then some if U decide to drop pullies again. No need to upgrade injecters unless U plan on dropping to 3.0 pulley or smaller. The stock injectors will work fine for the setup U plan on running. The SS is prone to warping if the install instructions are not followed to the T. Look into getting a reservoir to add into the IC system for a fill point. I guess in house mounts never made it into production?
PFF
System Bot
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2010 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

The SS IC will keep U covered on the 3.2 pulley and then some if U decide to drop pullies again. No need to upgrade injecters unless U plan on dropping to 3.0 pulley or smaller. The stock injectors will work fine for the setup U plan on running. The SS is prone to warping if the install instructions are not followed to the T. Look into getting a reservoir to add into the IC system for a fill point. I guess in house mounts never made it into production?

Yeah Scott already said he'd be using a reservoir. No matter what happened between Will (who does know a decent amount about cars but obviously isn't the best communicator) and the forum, Scott is the builder and I've seen his work. I don't think I have to worry about him screwing anything up. I don't know if they were going to try R&D for their own mounts or not, but I'd rather just use ones that are already in production from a time conservation standpoint. They're probably not going to do much with Fieros after this so it doesn't make sense for them to try to reinvent the wheel with mine. I kind of look at it like this, yeah stuff could go wrong, but I expect them to do whatever needs to be done to make it right. Do I know that they will without a shadow of a doubt? No, but it's that way with anyone. I do know that I'm the worst possible person to do wrong by though, and that will have to be enough for now
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2010 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

mptighe

3321 posts
Member since Aug 2009
OK, so here's the list of mods we're going through with...

Rollmaster Double Timing Set ... http://www.zzperformance.co...php?id=388&catid=104

1.9 Modified Rockers ... http://www.zzperformance.co...php?id=426&catid=104

90# LSX Springs ... http://www.zzperformance.co...php?id=113&catid=104

SS Intercooler ... http://www.zzperformance.co...php?id=145&catid=139

Thrasher 3.2 Pulley ... http://www.thrashercharged....htm/pulley_group.asp

Fuel Logs ... http://www.zzperformance.co...php?id=259&catid=113

Upgraded Fuel Injectors ... http://www.zzperformance.co...php?id=249&catid=113

Headers ... Not sure where they ordered them from

Custom Cold Air Intake

Northstar Throttle Body

Ported M90 and Lower Intake (modified for Intercooler)

Custom Exhaust (in-house)

FieroX Poly Mounts

Rodney Dickman Poly Dogbone

They're replacing all gaskets and cleaning everything. We have a 4T65e-HD that's being put in. Everything will be dyno-tuned. We have MOST of the parts, but we're still waiting on the dogbone, intercooler, injectors, fuel logs, and timing set. I'm sure I forgot something, but this will let everyone know what's going on.

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2010 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

OK, so here's the list of mods we're going through with...

Rollmaster Double Timing Set ... http://www.zzperformance.co...php?id=388&catid=104

Upgraded Fuel Injectors ... [URL=http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=249&catid=113]http://www.zzperformance.co...php?id=249&catid=113[/URL

The above two are not needed for you swap and the injectors will be overkill for your swap. You will be drowning you motor with those 42# injectors if you only plan on running the 3.2 pulley. Not using these two parts will save you a bit of money that can be spent else where.

GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2010 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
The engine won't be drowning with 42# injectors. That's what tuning is for and the additional overhead is a great idea. Injectors that have gone static are never smart. Besides, stock injectors are 36#, so they're not that much larger but still require tuning.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2010 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
Going for stability now, might go nuts later

I'm not much of a car mechanic, but I can build a computer. In computers, you avoid bottlenecks and try to make sure your'e not maxing anything out. This configuration will allow me to make more power later if the car needs it. "I" personally would never need more, but "the car" may demand it and who am I to refuse what "the car" wants?
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2010 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Going for stability now, might go nuts later

I'm not much of a car mechanic, but I can build a computer. In computers, you avoid bottlenecks and try to make sure your'e not maxing anything out. This configuration will allow me to make more power later if the car needs it. "I" personally would never need more, but "the car" may demand it and who am I to refuse what "the car" wants?

The stock injectors with the 3.2 pulley will not be no where near maxed out and they will actually be hurting the performance of the car. Read over on Club Grand Prix if you want to learn more about injectors and when they are needed and not. Also do some reading on the aftermarket chains while you are over there as there have been many failures with several brands. It is always good to research a lot before diving into a build even if some one else is doing the work as they might be new to the game also.
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2010 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post
Ok, what happened to TEXASGT? I just started looking in this thread and he's been banned. How can a guy that is doing a swap on here get banned? Looks like it's coming along nicely though. Hope all comes out well.....I'm doing the same swap, but not with so many performance enhancements. Too many other projects. In fact, I don't know when I'll ever get started on my swap.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2010 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kyunderdawg:

Ok, what happened to TEXASGT? I just started looking in this thread and he's been banned. How can a guy that is doing a swap on here get banned? Looks like it's coming along nicely though. Hope all comes out well.....I'm doing the same swap, but not with so many performance enhancements. Too many other projects. In fact, I don't know when I'll ever get started on my swap.

He was banned by the members for conduct mainly. I wish it had gone differently but there's nothing that can be done/said about it now.

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 02-05-2010).]

kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2010 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post

He was banned by the members for conduct mainly. I wish it had gone differently but there's nothing that can be done/said about it now.

It is sad that things like this happen. Can't wait to see how it turns out for you. I'll be at this thread.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
Some new goodies for the car....

These are courtesy of FieroX and Rodney Dickman

Fuel Logs..

Intercooler..

Timing..

Torn intercooler gaskets (happened when they packaged them)

They're sending out replacement gaskets. I know the tears probably aren't that major, but I paid a lot of money for this stuff and they should be as close to perfect as possible. I forgot to take pics of the injectors, but they showed up too. Now, everything for the car has been received so I should be grabbing some actual build pics in the next week or two.
PFF
System Bot
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
Awesome, looks like your swap is going to be done in no time flat!
Dracor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DracorSend a Private Message to DracorDirect Link to This Post
Nice! keep the updates coming. I like seeing progress.

Maybe we can both manage to make it to a local meet when our are both up and running.

------------------
'84 3800SC, XP cam, 3.2 pully, HPTuners, N* TB, 4sp, SPEC 3+ clutch, Aluminium flywheel, pacesetter headers, F355 body kit, weight reduction

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2010 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
OK, so the guys are back at it again. No pictures but an update.

The engine we were using turned out to have WAAAAYYY more miles than the salvage yard claimed. They claimed it was around 60k, but it took them forever to get us a VIN. When they finally did, I ran the Carfax, and the car had 137k back in 2007 then it was reported at 85k, and the car was driven until late 2009. So basically, the engine could have had 200k miles on it. I told the guys to get another engine, which they did without any complaints.

I also in the meantime added more work for them, including the intercooler from ZZP. Well, the gaskets showed up damaged, which I posted pics of. The problem is they sent the wrong replacements (the upper actually). I had to fight with ZZP to get them to send the right one out, which just arrived last Friday. This was all handled between ZZP and myself so there isn't anything the guys at Split Second did to cause this. Now the newer engine is being reassembled. The car should be done in the next couple of weeks or so (fingers crossed). I miss my car

Oh, and I found a place in OK (sorry don't remember their name at the moment) that can fix leaky T-Tops even if the seals are trashed. I also spoke with the guy that bought the remainder of C&C's stock after Tim cleaned their Fiero stock out. He confirmed that the T-Top moulds were tossed by C&C, so that's going to be a dead end. I'm not giving up on the idea of having them reproduced though. For now, I'll just have the guys in OK make sure mine don't leak.

I've decided I'm going to wait for a little bit before doing any exterior projects. This engine swap has turned out to be costly, even though I'm getting a really good deal. I want time to drive and enjoy the car before I turn it over to another process. I'll be going by the shop this weekend and grabbing more pics.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2010 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Good to hear things are moving along even if it is slowly. Will be well worth it once it is on the road and rolling if everything turns out right.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2010 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

OK, so the guys are back at it again. No pictures but an update.

The engine we were using turned out to have WAAAAYYY more miles than the salvage yard claimed. They claimed it was around 60k, but it took them forever to get us a VIN. When they finally did, I ran the Carfax, and the car had 137k back in 2007 then it was reported at 85k, and the car was driven until late 2009. So basically, the engine could have had 200k miles on it. I told the guys to get another engine, which they did without any complaints.

I also in the meantime added more work for them, including the intercooler from ZZP. Well, the gaskets showed up damaged, which I posted pics of. The problem is they sent the wrong replacements (the upper actually). I had to fight with ZZP to get them to send the right one out, which just arrived last Friday. This was all handled between ZZP and myself so there isn't anything the guys at Split Second did to cause this. Now the newer engine is being reassembled. The car should be done in the next couple of weeks or so (fingers crossed). I miss my car

Oh, and I found a place in OK (sorry don't remember their name at the moment) that can fix leaky T-Tops even if the seals are trashed. I also spoke with the guy that bought the remainder of C&C's stock after Tim cleaned their Fiero stock out. He confirmed that the T-Top moulds were tossed by C&C, so that's going to be a dead end. I'm not giving up on the idea of having them reproduced though. For now, I'll just have the guys in OK make sure mine don't leak.

I've decided I'm going to wait for a little bit before doing any exterior projects. This engine swap has turned out to be costly, even though I'm getting a really good deal. I want time to drive and enjoy the car before I turn it over to another process. I'll be going by the shop this weekend and grabbing more pics.

Nevfer trust a junk yard miles quote. They are allowed to tell you lower miles than what it actuley has because they are not selling you a vehical they are selling you a part. They can even claim the motor is good and running when in reality it is all seized up.
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2010 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post
This is the reason why I only deal with certain wrecking yards. They know me by name and know what I am looking for....some even call me when they get a complete wrecked low mileage Grand Prix in...before they part it for sale.
This is also why I remove the oil pan and valve cover to inspect for neglect. An experienced eye can tell the difference on a 30,000 mile neglected engine, a 30,000 mile maintained engine, a 150,000 mile maintained engine and a 150,000 mile neglected engine. Thye all look and smell different.
Dave

------------------

1987 GT (my toy-see above), 1987 GT 3800s/c, 1986 SE with a VW VR6, certified master technician/shop owner
www.njautobahn.com
www.hausofguru.com

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Any new updates?

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2010 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
Engine on cradle...getting there!

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 06-11-2010).]

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2010 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Engine on cradle...getting there!

I spy with my little eye... AMSOIL Full Synthetic ATF...

nice

( <---- certified Amsoil dealer )

That's some pretty good stuff... I just sold 14qts to MstngsBware, and is what I run in every car... from my 23 y/o Fiero to my wife's GP GXP with the 4t65HD. Hope the swap continues to go well, and hopefully she will be ready by the October Ruckus. Maybe you can get with other Houston Fiero's and caravan up to OK.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

I spy with my little eye... AMSOIL Full Synthetic ATF...

nice

( <---- certified Amsoil dealer )

That's some pretty good stuff... I just sold 14qts to MstngsBware, and is what I run in every car... from my 23 y/o Fiero to my wife's GP GXP with the 4t65HD. Hope the swap continues to go well, and hopefully she will be ready by the October Ruckus. Maybe you can get with other Houston Fiero's and caravan up to OK.

Thanks Blake, I will defintiely see what I can do, but to be honest after almost a year on this forum, I'm not sure I have that much in common with the members here. If I see a Fiero going down the street, I'll definitely acknowledge them. I'll try to attend local events, but going out of the way just to hang out with guys that I generally don't agree with on a lot of subjects, and don't care for how they act on the boards? I'm going to have to think about that for a while.

We're waiting for a Northstar TB kit from ZZP and then we'll pick up with the rest of the work. The picture is fuzzy, but there are new KYB 's on there with new springs waiting to go on. My Fiero will probably be a one time thing for these guys (unless I do what I'm thinking about doing next year with a notchback), for some obvious and not so obvious reasons on their end, so they are not going to pursue the deal with Eibach. It's too bad really I think a lot of people would have liked that option for their 88's.

On a side note, next week the guys are replacing my transmission, clutch assembly, and drive shafts on my 1993 Integra. Down the road we're looking into a turbo for it (maybe even one for the Fiero if I decide it's not fast enough with the M90).

PFF
System Bot
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
OK, N* and axles in place....

Front mount intercooler anyone?

They're looking to put the engine in the car by the end of the week (tomorrow actually but I try not to get too hopeful). They just landed a car show here in Houston for August, so my car, a couple of high end Lexus ISF's, a couple of built Subaru WRX's, and a 1000hp Lexus SC300 will be hanging out at the show.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
OK, so here's where I have to both write words that truly break my heart and deal with the smug reactions I'd rather not deal with.

I got a call about a week ago, from Will (TEXASGT) saying he had a falling out with his partner Scott, and he was leaving the company. This concerned me so I went to talk with Scott and make sure everything was still going ok. He assured me that it was, and that the car was still being completed, he even showed me where he had made some progress. We talked at length about what had happened between him and Will and he said no matter what he wouldn't let me down. I asked him that no matter what, he would at least call me if things went south and let me come get my car, he assured me that would never happen, but he would call me.

I got the call today. Will took all of the money out of the company's account, and left Scott with no working capital. On top of that the douche bag (Will not Scott) is trying to declare bankruptcy. Scott has been trying to get things stabilized, but he's now in a position where he's going to have to close the shop. He called me this morning and said I need to come get my car. He's putting the cradle in the car, and will put the nose on, but he won't be able to get everything running. So, now I have to decide if I want this bad enough to pay to have the car shipped out and finished, or if I just want out of the car at this point. My business is having some problems, so I honestly don't know if I'll be able to afford to finish it with someone else right now.

Scott said he can come to my house and keep working on it over time, but I'm not going to put myself in a position where I depend on that. I should have sent the car up to Dave (bmwguru) in the first place. Now I have to decide what to do. I have over $7k in the swap, not including what I have in the car from everything else, and also not including the purchase price. I'm thinking of selling it as-is for $5k, but haven't made the decision yet. I really am disgusted right now.

Here is where MSTANGS replies....

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 07-21-2010).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

OK, so here's where I have to both write words that truly break my heart and deal with the smug reactions I'd rather not deal with.

I got a call about a week ago, from Will (TEXASGT) saying he had a falling out with his partner Scott, and he was leaving the company. This concerned me so I went to talk with Scott and make sure everything was still going ok. He assured me that it was, and that the car was still being completed, he even showed me where he had made some progress. We talked at length about what had happened between him and Will and he said no matter what he wouldn't let me down. I asked him that no matter what, he would at least call me if things went south and let me come get my car, he assured me that would never happen, but he would call me.

I got the call today. Will took all of the money out of the company's account, and left Scott with no working capital. On top of that the douche bag (Will not Scott) is trying to declare bankruptcy. Scott has been trying to get things stabilized, but he's now in a position where he's going to have to close the shop. He called me this morning and said I need to come get my car. He's putting the cradle in the car, and will put the nose on, but he won't be able to get everything running. So, now I have to decide if I want this bad enough to pay to have the car shipped out and finished, or if I just want out of the car at this point. My business is having some problems, so I honestly don't know if I'll be able to afford to finish it with someone else right now.

Scott said he can come to my house and keep working on it over time, but I'm not going to put myself in a position where I depend on that. I should have sent the car up to Dave (bmwguru) in the first place. Now I have to decide what to do. I have over $7k in the swap, not including what I have in the car from everything else, and also not including the purchase price. I'm thinking of selling it as-is for $5k, but haven't made the decision yet. I really am disgusted right now.

Here is where MSTANGS replies....

Well this doesn't suprise me at all and it really shows what type of person TexasGT is....This really sucks and hate to see things like this happen to anyone. Doesn't look like alot is left to do on the swap.....Looks like the biggest part of the swap left to do is the engine wiring and installing all the small stuff once the cradle is in....If you decide to sell then you are best selling all the new/good parts off the setup then trying to sell the car complete. It will be hard to get 5K for the car as it sits being there have been many other swapped cars out there for less that are running/driving cars. If you decide to keep the car and try to complete the swap then let me know as I will help out in any way I can......
aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzDirect Link to This Post
Isn't the FMIC going to feed the radiator hot air?

EDIT:
Didn't read your last post. That's probably the last of your worries...

[This message has been edited by aeffertz (edited 07-21-2010).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aeffertz:

Isn't the FMIC going to feed the radiator hot air?

This is how all FMIC are mounted in the Fiero. It causes no issues with the radiator getting hotter or causing the car to run hot. The front mounted location is the best area for the FMIC to be mounted giving it the chance to work the best....
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Well this doesn't suprise me at all and it really shows what type of person TexasGT is....This really sucks and hate to see things like this happen to anyone. Doesn't look like alot is left to do on the swap.....Looks like the biggest part of the swap left to do is the engine wiring and installing all the small stuff once the cradle is in....If you decide to sell then you are best selling all the new/good parts off the setup then trying to sell the car complete. It will be hard to get 5K for the car as it sits being there have been many other swapped cars out there for less that are running/driving cars. If you decide to keep the car and try to complete the swap then let me know as I will help out in any way I can......

I agree that it might be difficult to get $5k for it, but it IS a southern 88 GT with T-Tops, 85k miles, and no rust on the frame. I also have put a lot of money into the car including brake and suspension work, over $1,000 worth of audio gear, etc. I truly don't want to sell this car though. I'm going to see what I can do to get her running at least. I want to at least take a ride before I sell if I end up having to. TEXASGT has a very rude awakening in store for him in the near future. I feel bad for his partner, as he got royally screwed in all of this.

Bradley Jay

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayDirect Link to This Post
Oh you're joking, it's so close to being completed! Have you at least talked to Bumbera's yet and can you see what they'll do for you?

Heck I haven't even been able to see the car yet.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bradley Jay:

Oh you're joking, it's so close to being completed! Have you at least talked to Bumbera's yet and can you see what they'll do for you?

I'm towing it to Bumbera's today to see what they say about it. Sean isn't with them anymore by the way, I talked with the owner Kenny today. I know man, we never got the cars together. Well it isn't gone yet, you'll at least be able to come see it.

Bradley Jay

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayDirect Link to This Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bradley Jay:

I'm towing it to Bumbera's today to see what they say about it. Sean isn't with them anymore by the way, I talked with the owner Kenny today. I know man, we never got the cars together. Well it isn't gone yet, you'll at least be able to come see it.
[/QUOTE]

Sean left? He was the one who always did a great job on my Fiero... do you know what happened?
I'm glad you're taking it to them though. They're one of the better options around here.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock