Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  My 85 GT buildup (LLO powered w/75 N20) (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
My 85 GT buildup (LLO powered w/75 N20) by coppertop_01
Started on: 06-15-2009 09:19 PM
Replies: 55
Last post by: doublec4 on 02-26-2011 12:52 PM
Fiero1K

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2010 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1KSend a Private Message to Fiero1KDirect Link to This Post
Your fastnotch idea sounds like PISA's GT/fx rear.
http://pisafierohq.com/body...els/gtfx_conversion/
It ends up looking like a hatchback. If you want to do a fastnotch deal, look at Reality's build, which is fastback taillights molded onto notchie clip with notchie sails. It's gorgeous.

PS: will you fix my rusty little car?

------------------
1988 Metallic Red Pontiac Fiero CJB T-Top Coupe, # 784 of 1252
-Needing a maroon fender and 87/88 coupe nose (also maroon) and passenger round trim front marker.
F@&$ ICE!!!

IP: Logged
coppertop_01

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2010 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coppertop_01Click Here to visit coppertop_01's HomePageSend a Private Message to coppertop_01Direct Link to This Post
Thats awesome, I didn't know that somebody had done something like that before, now I have an idea what it could/will look like.

I was thinking about the Redline wiring harness into my Fiero.....my payments are done in aug for my Redline, buy a new car, part out the mod'ed redline and steal parts for the Fiero........then I thought about another 5 years of car payments and said no way. But like you said, if anything happened to my redline, it would take about 12 hours to complete gut the car and send the chassis to metal recycling.

I am hoping to hit the 300's with the ecotec turbo setup, which should be easy a friend of mine has a cobalt ss/tc making 316 with bolt ons, and another friend is hitting 360 with a TVS blown cobalt SS/SC, I'm making 275ish in my redline on the stock blower.

As for the DI, its a cost thing, all the DI fuel injectors, cam pump and other things aren't sold aftermarket, so I am stuck with stealership prices, no way, I will stick with standard injectors in the intake manifold.

Jer

[This message has been edited by coppertop_01 (edited 02-20-2010).]

pHoOl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2010 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pHoOlClick Here to visit pHoOl's HomePageSend a Private Message to pHoOlDirect Link to This Post
what mods have you done to the redline? Im paid off now, and beyond warranty, was thinking of doing some zzp stage kit work. Specifically the stage 2 kit... 200 bucks for 30hp or whatever they claim sounded pretty good. Of course, on limited funds, I consider doing that, or saving up for the swaybar kit for my bone stock 86gt
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Direct Link to This Post
Man, amazing work so far. I was a little concerned when I first saw the chassis but wow, you are certainly not an over ambitious wanna do but don't. Kind of guy. You just know your **** and back it up! I can't wait to see the finished product! Keep the pics coming.
coppertop_01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coppertop_01Click Here to visit coppertop_01's HomePageSend a Private Message to coppertop_01Direct Link to This Post
My redline has a bit done to it, stock internals, 2.6" pulley on the blower, 50/50 water/meth injection, 60lbs injectors, K&N intake, pacesetter header w/custom downpipe, 2.5" exhaust w/magnaflow muffler, dual pass intercooler endplate, dual intercoolers, upgraded intercooler pump, option B tank, tuned with HPTuners, custom mod'd JBP coilovers, subframe brace, rear sway bar, URC subframe connectors, tower bar, 6 point roll cage, custom M3 mirrors, custom 95 SC2 modified spoiler, tinted tails, paint matched corner lights, custom headlights with A8 style LED's and projector driving lights, upgraded to HID's, stock redline rims painted semi gloss black wrapped with BF Goodrich KDW's and the whole car has been painted with Ralley matte black.

Jer
pHoOl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pHoOlClick Here to visit pHoOl's HomePageSend a Private Message to pHoOlDirect Link to This Post
Dang... what kind of horsepower do you estimate with that small of a pulley?

Sounds sweet... got pics up?
coppertop_01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for coppertop_01Click Here to visit coppertop_01's HomePageSend a Private Message to coppertop_01Direct Link to This Post
I should be making aprox 275hp with this setup, the meth really helps with timing and getting more power with a small pulley.

These are the most recent photo's of the ION taken mostly this past summer/fall, currently on winter tires and I have done a couple things over the winter, but will update once the weather is nice again.

Sorry I didn't realize the link didn't work, I will post up the pics directly.

Jer

[This message has been edited by coppertop_01 (edited 02-26-2010).]

coppertop_01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coppertop_01Click Here to visit coppertop_01's HomePageSend a Private Message to coppertop_01Direct Link to This Post
Nevermind, I am going to have to find a way to post pics from somewhere else, the other boards garage.phpbb is being a pain in the ass.

Jer

[This message has been edited by coppertop_01 (edited 02-26-2010).]

rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopDirect Link to This Post
Forbidden ! links are no good.
coppertop_01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2010 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for coppertop_01Click Here to visit coppertop_01's HomePageSend a Private Message to coppertop_01Direct Link to This Post
Update pictures, I think she's ready to goto blasting.....got the last bracing in, and welded in the rear trunk/clip support.

Jer

coppertop_01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 06:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for coppertop_01Click Here to visit coppertop_01's HomePageSend a Private Message to coppertop_01Direct Link to This Post
In a few months this project might be getting a little fast tracked, if everything works out I might be using my 04 Redline for parts to finish the Fiero project.

Jer
PFF
System Bot
pHoOl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pHoOlClick Here to visit pHoOl's HomePageSend a Private Message to pHoOlDirect Link to This Post
Dibs on redline parts! haha What color is yours?
coppertop_01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coppertop_01Click Here to visit coppertop_01's HomePageSend a Private Message to coppertop_01Direct Link to This Post
Custom matte rally black (prettymuch flat black)

Jer
coppertop_01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for coppertop_01Click Here to visit coppertop_01's HomePageSend a Private Message to coppertop_01Direct Link to This Post
Well today I am grabbing another Fiero that I hope proves itself as a daily driver........if over the next while it does I will have 90% of the mechanical/electrical parts that I will require to get the Fiero project completed.

As well, my ION has electric power steering (the same unit that is being recalled by GM, even though GM won't admit/repair the ION's/HHR's which all have the same problem) and since I am going to be building the ION harness to work in the Fiero, I am going to try to transfer the power steering unit into the Fiero, probably means swapping in the steering column, not sure if it can be done but I will be taking a look at it.......because lets admit it power steering on a Fiero would be nice.

Jer
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post
A "What going on" bump
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock