TLG Auto Stealth Wing Stand Pics by ALLTRBO
Started on: 06-08-2009 09:09 PM
Replies: 22
Last post by: Tony Kania on 06-15-2011 01:20 AM
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2009 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
I promised everyone pics in the FS thread, and even though it's past bedtime already, I'll get a few up now. I have several pics but only have time to post a few.

Excuse the fact that they aren't body color, I got them Friday evening and my car was picked up Saturday morning to be finished (or almost), hence the trailer. I won't see the car again for a while. I would have rattle-can'd them red otherwise, even though that's not the color this car will ultimately be.

I'm going to mod them some so the final won't look exactly like this, I'll describe later.

The bottom has two different mounting points for the fastback. (I like the forward position better)

Here's the top-side

Mounted on the wing

Stands in forward position

Loading up! (That's not me but I did help some, I promise! )

Rear position

That's all for tonight! More pics and description later...

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 11-04-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DougC

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2009 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DougCSend a Private Message to DougCDirect Link to This Post
Hot damn! Those are nice, I think I need to practice my puppy dog eyes before I head home and talk to the misses...
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-08-2009 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
ALLTRBO, those look awesome. I have had interest in them since the idea got tossed around. Thanks for posting pics. I have to quote Katatak..."Better to ask forgiveness, than to ask permission." Looks like I will have to slide a pair onto my 87GT. Once again, they look "right" on your GT.

------------------

Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2009 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
Those actually look really good, I missed the mall thread for these apparently.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2009 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
<---- really diggin' the wheels on that car...
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2009 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys.

Xanth, if you haven't seen it by now the FS thread in The Mall is here:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/047324.html

...and the "development" thread is here:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/075029.html

Blakeinspace, thanks. Me too. They are VW 17" "Santa Monica's" or "Monte Carlo's" depending on who says it. I borrowed the idea from member justa6, they look great on his car. I'll eventually have "Fiero" center caps on them also, and the (new) black lugnut covers.

More pics and description (please excuse the messy garage)...

Here are the rest of the rear position pics. I didn't take many because of the aforementioned time constraints, I wanted to get it in the other position to leave it for the time being...

Here are the rest of the overall view pics (that are worth posting), all with the stands in the forward position.

Please excuse the blur in the next one. As you can see, the wing is slightly further forward than the photoshop in the For Sale thread, but this view exaggerates the forward look a bit because of the slightly rearward camera angle, just the same as the side view above (posted originally) makes it look slightly further back because of the angle. What I plan on doing here is just to slot the factory decklid holes rearward by 1/2" or more, the holes will still be sealed by the stand gaskets. That should give it the exact location I'm after.

This one was hard to take while still on the ground. Yes, the paint is toast. Yes, it's getting painted (not BLINGIN' RED either. )
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

That's it for now, that dern bedtime again! Later I will post close-ups of the stands themselves, while installed, and will explain what I'm going to do.

Please, please somebody post a beautiful bright blue car in here, all this red is killing me!

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 06-13-2009).]

ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2009 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post

ALLTRBO

2023 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Originally posted by ALLTRBO:
Please, please somebody post a beautiful (partially) bright blue car in here, all this red is killing me!

Okay, well since you asked... This is only a photoshop, but it's what your car will look like when done (less stealth wing stands):

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 06-10-2009).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-10-2009 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Once again, that mod looks great. I have just ordered mine this morning, and a few hours later....I have my tracking #. I will post pics to your thread when they arrive.
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2009 04:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Do you mind if I use your pictures on our website?

------------------
Top Line Group Automotive
-Aftermarket accessories for the Fiero
www.TLG-auto.com

ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2009 05:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
Tony, cool. Pics will be great.

Oslo, I don't mind at all. Thanks for asking first.
Hopefully someone will have a nice, finished car for you to replace them with sometime in the future, though, just because they'd look even better.

I do request, for the privacy of the individuals involved, that you use this version of this one if you wanted to use it (if not, that's cool too), and to not use the one from the rear with a Shawn in it, until I can PS him out too (clone brush is my friend!)
Thanks.

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 06-13-2009).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-12-2009 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Just looks like it came from the factory that way. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Love the side view.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2009 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Awesome product idea... makes me wish I hadn't modified my decklid and spoiler already. Because if I had a choice between my mods and this product, I'd buy this instead.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-18-2009 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Not a thread jack. Just posting to the thread that ALLTRBO started.

I had recieved my TLG Stealth Wingstands yesterday morning. The packaging and all the parts were perfect.

I did a little sanding to shape the stands more like the GT.

I primed them, and went with a semigloss black followed by a clear to try and match the vents. Here are a few before and after shots.

The stands were very easy to work with. When removing my wing, I ran into some issues with the phillips head screws not wanting to come out ot the wing itself. I gently pulled and twisted the screw and nut out. A bit of epoxy, flange nuts, and patience, and I had it all solid again. I shaped the stands to match the lines of the GT. This was very easy to accomplish. I ran into some small pin holes in the castings of the stands after shaping. This was also a breeze to overcome. I then applied a couple coats of primer, paint, and clear. After sitting around watching the paint dry, I went ahead and installed the assembly back together. I am extremely happy with the outcome. All is mounted solidly, and correctly. I am not going to paint my car anytime soon, so going with the semigloss black matches the grill covers pretty well. The view out of the rearview mirror is also improved as an added bonus. The look is so subtle, but improved in my opinion. You really need to see the factory stands in relation to these Stealth units. Night and day difference when compared side by side.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 06-18-2009).]

Nurb432

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post06-18-2009 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

*snip*
The stands were very easy to work with. When removing my wing, I ran into some issues with the phillips head screws not wanting to come out ot the wing itself. I gently pulled and twisted the screw and nut out. A bit of epoxy, flange nuts, and patience, and I had it all solid again. I shaped the stands to match the lines of the GT. This was very easy to accomplish. I ran into some small pin holes in the castings of the stands after shaping. This was also a breeze to overcome. I then applied a couple coats of primer, pain, and clear. After sitting around watching the paint dry, I went ahead and installed the assembly back together. I am extremely happy with the outcome. All is mounted solidly, and correctly. I am not going to paint my car anytime soon, so going with the semigloss black matches the grill covers pretty well. The view out of the rearview mirror is also improved as an added bonus. The look is so subtle, but improved in my opinion. You really need to see the factory stands in relation to these Stealth units. Night and day difference when compared side by side.

I agree the look is good, but for me the higher OEM is a feature, it keeps the lights from trucks behind me out of my eyes...
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2009 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
Awesome, looks great.
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2009 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post

ALLTRBO

2023 posts
Member since Mar 2006
BTW, I have to one-up you since this is my thread, afterall.

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2009 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
They are very nice. Im going to be ordering a set of them once I have some extra cash.
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2009 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Very nice!
grkboy707

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2010 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
Hey, I have a quick question about these stands. 1. If mounted in forward position, can some of the stand that shows on the decklid be sanded off?

I'm not a huge fan of the way the stand protrudes out so far...
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2010 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
Yes, there is quite a bit you can cut off and sand smooth if mounted in the forward position. I'm with you, I don't like the protrusions either. I haven't had my car in my possession since that day the pics were taken so I haven't cut them yet, but I will soon after I get it back (hopefully within the next month).

------------------

'10 Camaro LT/RS, 312hp V6 6-speed
'88 Fiero GT - coming soon! - Project MIDTRBO

The rest of my cars are for sale
There's no replacement for turbo placement

grkboy707

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2010 05:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
Okay, I'll definitely get these once I get my Fiero
PFF
System Bot
ConvictedRedneck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2011 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post
Bump! Just picked these up from TLG...was so excited to get them installed and whaddya know, screws wont come out of the original wingstands! Any tips/tricks/pointers for getting them out and/or replacing them?
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-15-2011 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
I had several of the fasteners give me hell. I ended up using a two part epoxy to set them back into the wing. Still holding strong.

Tony

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock