Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Custom body kit build up thread. Australian (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Custom body kit build up thread. Australian by Australian
Started on: 10-15-2007 06:50 AM
Replies: 110
Last post by: Australian on 02-25-2012 10:49 AM
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2010 03:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

Just curious...what the heck happened to the rear window?

My spring snapped long ago and thought that it was out of tension. When i was unbolting it the tension shot the socket into the window and crack anyway i need to get a window which is near impossible here.
IP: Logged
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2010 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

Were you going to paint the roof pillars? Cause I think in that shot the black looks really good! Especially in that shot. Loving the color choice.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 03:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

Were you going to paint the roof pillars? Cause I think in that shot the black looks really good! Especially in that shot. Loving the color choice.

Roof is black but i am about to use some di-noc replica carbon fiber on it.
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
Nice, that should look excellent!
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

I thought id do a photoshop poor i know but gives an idea of what it will look like if i put it all back together but wanting to paint it first as everything already lines up.

Somehow I'm beginning to like the look of this.

------------------

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2010 05:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
I have decided to respray it now as i want to show my car so going to fix it up as although it is still very good it isn't perfect and will paint it again in 12 months time after some more modifications to bumpers hood and deck lid. I should be able to fix it up in a weekend as it is.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2010 04:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Ok i am definalty fixing it up on Sunday my only day off and now i know what caused my paint to crack it was over spray from the enamel paint that i used to paint under the car and under the hood. I did wax and grease it but it was invisible the over spray anyway i have at least finished with the enamel paint.

one more pic
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2010 05:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Had to bash a flat billet gas door and surround round to fit.

Added 4x fog lights and 2 x motor cycle signal markers and 5 x misc LED strip lights that are only noticeable on 2x above the spot lights 2 x either side of front gap and 1 x up against rubber lip also have halos under the pop ups lots of wiring lots of relays and a rubber lip spoiler.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 09-12-2010).]

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Got one door on been feeling rather terrible this weekend have the flu and a bit of a chest infection hopefully next weekend feeling better to put the other door on only did couple of hours over whole weekend slept it away trying to get better.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 09-14-2010).]

Torch-Red87

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Torch-Red87Click Here to visit Torch-Red87's HomePageSend a Private Message to Torch-Red87Direct Link to This Post

Had to bash a flat billet gas door and surround round to fit.

Added 4x fog lights and 2 x motor cycle signal markers and 5 x misc LED strip lights that are only noticeable on 2x above the spot lights 2 x either side of front gap and 1 x up against rubber lip also have halos under the pop ups lots of wiring lots of relays and a rubber lip spoiler.

I wonder how you will fill up gas ?. If this is mounted in this angle

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 03:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Torch-Red87:
I wonder how you will fill up gas ?. If this is mounted in this angle

Both cars look to be functional i don't think my gas lid will be a problem in my car as it opens more than 90 degrees and the filler cap comes off i had to mount it the way i did so i could get the cap off without hassles. These are two totally different caps this red car has 7 screws mine has 8.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 09-13-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Torch-Red87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2010 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Torch-Red87Click Here to visit Torch-Red87's HomePageSend a Private Message to Torch-Red87Direct Link to This Post

Both cars look to be functional i don't think my gas lid will be a problem in my car as it opens more than 90 degrees and the filler cap comes off i had to mount it the way i did so i could get the cap off without hassles. These are two totally different caps this red car has 7 screws mine has 8.

Beside this the red car is mine :-)
My fuel door is an Audi TT OMG , yours seams to be aftermarket .So this explains your different angle you have.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 05:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Couple more pics from phone

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 11-10-2010).]

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2011 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Bit of a text update hope to post new pics this week on other camera after i finish i have taken week off to finish my car well back to looking good and drivable never will be finished.

Finished painting roof again mate that helped paint car has bailed so been finishing it myself still appreciated his help.

I spent 12 hours recovering my upholstery with Mr Mikes have sorest fingers and hands (Mr Mike does it in 30 mins per seat in his video)
I just didn't have the strength took time and was quite drunk but have done a good job and took no short cuts.

I have replaced my rear window myself that took about 24 hours just to scrape all the glass out i think i would have spent about 40 hours on the window. Again had no idea what i was doing to start with but it is finished. It is perspex with decal-ed edging to cover up any mastic or edges. Hardest part was getting template right and still had to trim several times but it is finally in looks great and is strong.

Bought a roll of carpet so will be re-carpeting before reinstalling the seats. Already re-carpeted the clip over part that mounts up to the window. I will pull out seatbelts to perfect it.

Have recovered headliner with real tan suede it was just big enough to do it no joins. Will put that in after carpet is done.

Rear speakers to be replaced with 4 inch splits.

Wood grain dash kit to be installed.

New short shifter with weighted knob installed new boots for it and brake.

Door kicker plates to be installed.

Side windows to be installed.

Body graphics to be installed custom stripes and custom hood logo.

Leaving off rear spoiler for now riding bareback a while.

Realising that can't find bag of fasteners including all door plugs lock trim and trim plugs so i don't know how i will go with finishing touches. I will just get as close as i can without them wasted a day today looking so i guess i will just keep moving forward and keep searching for it when more parts are on the car.

I also bought another set of wheels look exactly same as pics but better fit on front now.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 04-25-2011).]

RenegadeShadow

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-26-2011 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RenegadeShadowSend a Private Message to RenegadeShadowDirect Link to This Post
that is FANTASTIC

Those were the wheels I originally wanted by the way

------------------

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2011 06:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RenegadeShadow:

that is FANTASTIC

Those were the wheels I originally wanted by the way

I have a second set and plan to use them on my lexus rx300 not as wide 7.5 and 8.5 inch as bought two second hand sets to get the required the sizes.

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 03:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Have fiber glass over my phone camera lens so it takes only shabby pics but have new wood grain, Mr Mikes, New carpet, New mats, Stainless Scuff plate New suede leather headliner too, and decals.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 05-22-2011).]

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Australian

4701 posts
Member since Sep 2004

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2011 05:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
A nicer pic of my car
Ohiofierokid86

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-07-2011 06:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ohiofierokid86Send a Private Message to Ohiofierokid86Direct Link to This Post
did you put the steering wheel like thats on the passenger side???
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2011 06:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ohiofierokid86:

did you put the steering wheel like thats on the passenger side???

The car is LHD it was RHD so yes it would be on the passenger side. We drive on other side of road.
PFF
System Bot
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2011 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post

A nicer pic of my car

Glad to see some new pics in here Australian! I like how you put the black decals on the side to tie in with the black roof. Now I just need a good high resolution shot to place as my background.

I swear, I'm about to send at least an 8 MP camera in the mail to you Austrailian, we need more pics now that your ride is all together! Not these fiberglassed lens blurry ones.

Great job on the car though, what's next?
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2011 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Aus....

Man I gotta say that honestly watching you build this thing for quite some time I wondered what the hell you were thinking!! However now that I see the finished product it is really looking interesting. That color looks great and the stripes/tribal art/whateveryoucallit, is looking very nice. I am sure that car will turn some heads down there in Oz. Nice work and I am sure you are pleased to be nearly finished with it. Congrats on a very cool looking Fiero GT. peace

Pete

GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2011 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

Aus....

Man I gotta say that honestly watching you build this thing for quite some time I wondered what the hell you were thinking!! However now that I see the finished product it is really looking interesting. That color looks great and the stripes/tribal art/whateveryoucallit, is looking very nice. I am sure that car will turn some heads down there in Oz. Nice work and I am sure you are pleased to be nearly finished with it. Congrats on a very cool looking Fiero GT. peace

Pete

LOL I am on page here with you Pete! I was like what is this guy thinking but man did he change my opinion when the paint and stripes came out. Looks nice Aus. Nice work bro.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Well glad everyone doesn't hate my car so thanks for the compliments.
I updated http://www.wedriveexcitement.com lame in graphics but i wanted to put a list of mods up that i have done.
I hope to take more pics soon with a real camera and spend a bit of time making a nicer site well when i can make time i never have any.
ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post
nice!! great job aus!
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Aus,
Hey man nice website, You really need to roll that car out of that damn shed and out into the Glorious sunlight of the Australian summer and take some nice High res photos of it with( preferrably) some gorgeous Australian Bikini Babes around it, maybe on some nice beach somewhere. Make sure they don't scratch your new paint man...haha Also I saw that you had somehow put some 6x9 pioneers in the dash board of the car, how did you manage that? Got any pictures of that? Anyways, again, congrats on getting it done, it is looking pretty cool!! peace

Pete

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 04:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

Aus,
Hey man nice website, You really need to roll that car out of that damn shed and out into the Glorious sunlight of the Australian summer and take some nice High res photos of it with( preferrably) some gorgeous Australian Bikini Babes around it, maybe on some nice beach somewhere. Make sure they don't scratch your new paint man...haha Also I saw that you had somehow put some 6x9 pioneers in the dash board of the car, how did you manage that? Got any pictures of that? Anyways, again, congrats on getting it done, it is looking pretty cool!! peace

Pete

Well if you want to see bikini girls visit my site jelly wrestling dot com adults only I have kinda put that biz on hold it was once rather popular i should have posted something in the girls in fieros thread before today but i haven't. 6 x 9 can be mounted providing the magnet is not too big no bigger than 300 watts i found and by pushing them end on into the dash you can get them in without any force. Using hanging strap (builders bracing strap hoop iron) and nuts and bolts put two pieces hanging strap over the front so you can match the existing mounting points. Drill holes to match the dash and with great difficulty hang them with a nut and bolt and just screw them up tight up to the dash.
I am going to remove 6x9 and put into my car some splits in front and only use components. 2,3,4 ways speakers just limit the amps power and distort too soon regardless of brand. I can say they fit but are no major improvement over what is available in 10 x 3 as it is all full range rubbish.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 07-12-2011).]

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2011 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

nothing under the blankets just some touch up work. Thinking about the diffuser i have.

Photoshop idea i am sure it is done might bump a thread.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 08-08-2011).]

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2011 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post
Looks real good. Good job !
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2012 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
I thought i would post what is kind of presently going through my mind the ideas to change as i collect more parts i have been bidding on bits an pieces on ebay getting bargains.
Picked up a mulon bumper, Mr2 toms roof scoop, spare fiero grill to cut and mount, a pair of transam style scoops, 2 monaro gto bonnet scoops and still collecting what i need. Need a W427 bumper and a Hilux bumper and another random suv bumper to complete and a million more weekends before you see it.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 02-25-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay