Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Tennessee Fiero Club (Page 7)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
Tennessee Fiero Club by BlueGT
Started on: 01-18-2005 02:09 PM
Replies: 568
Last post by: Pete Matos on 04-09-2011 12:48 PM
lurker

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2006 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ThreeofClubs:

This is too good of an idea to let drop, so I'm bumping the thread. Any new word?

yes, it's time to begin planning an event for the next month or so.

IP: Logged
ThreeofClubs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2006 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreeofClubsSend a Private Message to ThreeofClubsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lurker:
yes, it's time to begin planning an event for the next month or so.

Indeed. Maybe I should host it at my house. Maybe if I get enough Fiero people around they will take pity on me & I will finally get one back on the road!

Seriously, I'd be all for just having a meet-up at at restaurant again, like we did a the Fuddruckers in Pigeon Forge. It's hard to believe that was a year ago...

texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2006 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post
I saw a red Formula in Clarkesville last week. Anybody know 'em?
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2006 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Realizing it's a few hours drive for you guys, Bluegrass Fieros is hosting a gathering at Hooter's in Lexington on the 22nd of Jan. If you'd like to know more, send me an email. We'd love to have you join us.

------------------
Ron
Freedom isn't Free, it's always earned.
My imagination is the only limiting factor to my Fiero. Well, there is that money issue.

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 01-13-2006).]

mxfox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2006 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mxfoxClick Here to visit mxfox's HomePageSend a Private Message to mxfoxDirect Link to This Post
I'm in Murphy NC, would like to get together in Gatlinburg or Pigeon
wanobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2006 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by texasfiero:

I saw a red Formula in Clarkesville last week. Anybody know 'em?

Was the paint in pretty bad shape, if it was, its one I've seen around here in Charlotte. Clarksville is about 20mins from here.

texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2006 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post
This one looked pretty decent. It pulled into a Shell station in front of the Home Depot. I wasn't driving so I couldn't get info.
ThreeofClubs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2006 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreeofClubsSend a Private Message to ThreeofClubsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mxfox:

I'm in Murphy NC, would like to get together in Gatlinburg or Pigeon

Stayed tuned. I have spoken with BlueGT who got the last group together in Sevierville, and he is up for it i the next month or so. We'd be happy to have you join us. I live in G-burg so can be ready at the drop of a hat.

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a month + has come and gone, but the thought of another get together sounds like a great idea... Any interest?
JetroGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JetroGTSend a Private Message to JetroGTDirect Link to This Post
Next month is the swap meet. We could all meet up and buy, sell, trade some parts.

I'm going to make a run to DFW in a few weeks...hopefully and get the rest of my fiero parts. And then sell them as I don't have room for them.

------------------

"What you put in is what you get out. " - Zig Ziglar

87GT 4.9 Daily Driver
New, "to me" 88 Formula project car. Transforming it into an Areo SE.

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JetroGT:
Next month is the swap meet. We could all meet up and buy, sell, trade some parts.

i'm planning to be there. road trip!
PFF
System Bot
wanobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2006 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post
I've got some work ta do still on my GT, but I'm planning on going. If all goes well should have some new mods also. Mainly got to get the output seals replaced.
lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2006 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wanobi:

I've got some work ta do still on my GT, but I'm planning on going. If all goes well should have some new mods also. Mainly got to get the output seals replaced.

http://www.mtsu.edu/~mkr2c/trannyseal.htm

ThreeofClubs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2006 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreeofClubsSend a Private Message to ThreeofClubsDirect Link to This Post
I just got back from a 1,000 mile roadtrip in the '87, so I am reasonably confident that I can now show up at a lunch with a running Fiero! Next I have to get this thing painted for the Pontiac show in June. Until then, I'm set for burger in Sevierville or whatever.
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2006 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
Is everyone ok after the Tornadoes?
I am not sure but I think one or two of us live in Dyersville.
TennT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2006 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TennTSend a Private Message to TennTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Randy, oops
I think Dyersburg is where you meant.

As far as I know, any members are OK.
I wish I could say the same for all the others.
15 mi. from here looks like Katrina's wrath without the water.
Small communities are wiped out. Large houses are demolished and
many businesses are finished.
Until you've seen something like this firsthand, it's hard to believe it happens.
Whole houses are gone and nothing left but the foundation blocks they were built on.
We are helping people store what we can because more bad weather is coming
Wed. supposedly.

The bad thing is that unemployment is high here and it will be hard for many to
find jobs and rebuild.

Meanwhile the deathtoll is rising and people were still being found this afternoon.

God help them make it through this.
tg

[This message has been edited by TennT (edited 04-04-2006).]

ThreeofClubs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2006 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreeofClubsSend a Private Message to ThreeofClubsDirect Link to This Post
You are kind to ask, 8Ball. My friends and family in West Tennessee escaped with only some minor property damage. There are a few people I know in Dyer County that we have not personally heard from yet, but we are assured by others that they are OK, too. I was driving East about 4 or 5 hours in front of the storm, so I am really glad that I didn't have any mechanical problems! That was some crazy weather.

If anyone else was in that part of the country, please let us know how you are.

8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2006 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TennT:

Thanks Bill,
I think Dyersburg is where you meant.

You are right it is Been a loooong day here.
I am glad that the members of the forum are ok. It has been some time since I was in Dyersburg, but I can only
imagine the devistation dealt there.

The weather is completely screwy these last few years. It is warmer up here, and colder in the South than it was.
The storms are stronger and in larger numbers each year. One has to wonder how bad it is going to get.

Randy

wanobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2006 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post
I've been lucky the last couple years. The worst of the storms seem to go north or south of me at the last minute. We had a tornado touch down less than a mile north of me last year. That is too close for me.
TennT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 05:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TennTSend a Private Message to TennTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ThreeofClubs:

You are kind to ask, 8Ball. My friends and family in West Tennessee escaped with only some minor property damage.
If anyone else was in that part of the country, please let us know how you are.

Where do they live? Let me know if they need some sort of help. You never know.
I live north of Jackson, Tn. about 10 mi.
Have truck, car hauler, chain saw, spare cats, etc, etc....
tg

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
I just finished cleaning up the yard Saturday and the storm made sure my work wasn't finished. Finished cutting up a big pine tree less than an hour ago that fell during the storm . If any more trees start falling in the yard, I guess I'll have to leave them there and just start mowing around them.

------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

PFF
System Bot
30+mpg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
Blue GT, you have a PM.

[This message has been edited by 30+mpg (edited 04-04-2006).]

ThreeofClubs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreeofClubsSend a Private Message to ThreeofClubsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TennT:
Where do they live? Let me know if they need some sort of help. You never know.
I live north of Jackson, Tn. about 10 mi.
Have truck, car hauler, chain saw, spare cats, etc, etc....
tg

When they check in I will see if they need anything and pass it along. Many thanks for the offer of help. My parents live about 30 miles Northeast of Memphis, so next time I am spending any time in the area I'll see about getting a lunch together over there.

tinman4982

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2006 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tinman4982Send a Private Message to tinman4982Direct Link to This Post
ThreeofClubs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2006 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreeofClubsSend a Private Message to ThreeofClubsDirect Link to This Post
The weather is nice and my car is running. That sounds like a recipe for a get-together to me. The Pontiac Car Show is coming up this June 3rd & 4th, but I'd like to have a lunch sometime soon. Don't worry, I promise not to cook this time!
Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2006 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Goodlettsville, Hendersonville, and Gallatin all got smacked pretty good. I was in the middle of participation in a Disaster Readiness Exercise, and went straight from that into the real deal...in a way it was lucky the storms hit then, because we were already ramped up for it. It's a VERY good thing they didn't hit during the middle of the night, like they usually do around here. If the storm tracks had been the same then, we'd have scores dead, instead of less than 30, because everyone would've been home asleep. It was bad enough as it was.

I'm in the middle of prepping my Formula for paint, but other than that, it's road ready. Took it to Chattanooga last week; some lady in a BMW kept riding my tail. I'd move over to let her pass, she'd slide in behind me. By the time we got to Monteagle Mountain, I'd had enough. I let the pipes sing on the 4.9, and the Formula slithered up that mountain without bothering to downshift. I didn't see the Beemer again.

I guess I better get the BBQ grill ready...

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2006 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vonov:
some lady in a BMW kept riding my tail. I'd move over to let her pass, she'd slide in behind me. By the time we got to Monteagle Mountain, I'd had enough. I let the pipes sing on the 4.9, and the Formula slithered up that mountain without bothering to downshift. I didn't see the Beemer again.

she was hoping you'd pull over at the rest area to check out the scenery, maybe show her what you had under the hood.
BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2006 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vonov:

I guess I better get the BBQ grill ready...

Mmmm food! I'm in for a trip (just need to do it before gas exceeds $3.50 /gal).

------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

wanobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2006 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post
Ok, my month of May is shot for a get together, but how about in June? To cut down the choices. How about June 17th. I've got plenty of parking. Can easily handle 15-20 cars. That's how many we had for my nephew's graduation party.
fierosrule

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2006 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosruleSend a Private Message to fierosruleDirect Link to This Post
if mines runnin right id be up for it,im wantin to get summin up here os you saw ive got tons of room
lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2006 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wanobi:

Ok, my month of May is shot for a get together, but how about in June? To cut down the choices. How about June 17th. I've got plenty of parking. Can easily handle 15-20 cars. That's how many we had for my nephew's graduation party.

i'm free that weekend. let's do it!

------------------
'84 2m4 se, a work in progress http://www.mtsu.edu/~mkr2c/fiero.htm
where's osama?

PFF
System Bot
VA RICR-ETR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2006 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VA RICR-ETRSend a Private Message to VA RICR-ETRDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone - sorry - I'm too lazy to read through seven pages. Are there currently TN Fiero clubs, and where do they cover. I'm near Brentwood, south of Nashville, just moved in from Richmond, VA. Never been in a club, interested now. Any heads-up would help, thanks!

------------------

wanobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2006 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VA RICR-ETR:

Hey everyone - sorry - I'm too lazy to read through seven pages. Are there currently TN Fiero clubs, and where do they cover. I'm near Brentwood, south of Nashville, just moved in from Richmond, VA. Never been in a club, interested now. Any heads-up would help, thanks!

As far as middle TN goes, there is nothing formal that I know of. If I recall correctly there is about 1/2 dozen of us scattered about the middle TN area. I'm pretty sure there is a club in east TN. I work in Brentwood and drive my yellow GT from time to time to work. I've seen a couple fiero's around there.
VA RICR-ETR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2006 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VA RICR-ETRSend a Private Message to VA RICR-ETRDirect Link to This Post
I saw a maroon notchie at the Lowe's on Nolensville Pike a week ago or so. Waited around to try to find the owner for a bit but had to get into the store and get a trimmer before they closed and when I came out it was gone.

Do you guys ever get together, even if it's informal?

------------------

wanobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2006 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post
Ya, That is what I've proposed for June 17th. For everyone to come out here to Charlotte, TN. Hang out, talk fiero's or whatever. You're welcome to come out also, the more the better.
Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2006 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Count me in, as long as I don't have Mission (@%$!%@!) One that weekend.

Kris, did the notchie you saw look half sanded down, with part of the car being red? If so, it was probably mine (prior to painting; it's now silver over white).

There's also a guy I've met running around in a maroon '87; last time I saw him was at Lowe's in Bellevue, he was cobbling up a hoist for his Fiero. I also posted a welcome for ya in the thread about dropping your daughter off; if you need help turning wrenches on your ride, let me know. Office number is 862-7610, I'm there most evenings during the week.
lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2006 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
there's no formal club, no dues, no officers. we get together informally a couple of times a year and eat, talk about fieros and other stuff, and look at each other's cars. it's good to put a face to the handles.
synapse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2006 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for synapseSend a Private Message to synapseDirect Link to This Post
Hey BlueGT how ya been, did you finally get a ride going, I would love to have a meet in the Ser/Gatlinburg area, wife could go shopping, and drivng to Newfound gap is fun in our cars. Wheres Charlotte, TN?
wanobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2006 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post
Ok trying to post the mapquest link didn't work. It's zip code 37036. about 30-45 mins ( depending on your driving speed ) NW of Nashville.

[This message has been edited by wanobi (edited 05-11-2006).]

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2006 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by synapse:
Wheres Charlotte, TN?

NW of Frog Pond, SW of Dull. or thereabouts.

[This message has been edited by lurker (edited 05-11-2006).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock