Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Tennessee Fiero Club (Page 5)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
Tennessee Fiero Club by BlueGT
Started on: 01-18-2005 02:09 PM
Replies: 568
Last post by: Pete Matos on 04-09-2011 12:48 PM
lurker

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2005 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nobigtoe:
i am from memphis and would love to met up with other's

everyone is welcome, we even like people from other states
IP: Logged
fierosrule

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2005 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosruleSend a Private Message to fierosruleDirect Link to This Post
im very interested couldnt come to any meetings until october but still very interested
lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2005 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosrule:

im very interested couldnt come to any meetings until october but still very interested

click on the star on the right in the thread list to make it a favorite. i'm sure we'll be doing something around then. keep checking this thread.

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2005 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
Getting closer... Wonder if I should start fasting now.

[This message has been edited by BlueGT (edited 06-02-2005).]

Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2005 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
It might not be a bad idea...you know the cookout motto...
lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2005 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vonov:

It might not be a bad idea...you know the cookout motto...

no, what is the cookout motto? "i'm full, roll me home"?
ive taken the liberty of adding this event to the event calendar for june 11. if i need to edit it, let me know.

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2005 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lurker:

no, what is the cookout motto? "i'm full, roll me home"?

"Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing..."

JetroGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2005 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JetroGTSend a Private Message to JetroGTDirect Link to This Post
I'll be at the Power Tour today at Opry Mills. I was in Indy yesterday. Lot's and lots of nice cars. And a few crazy ones. I know it's a work week but you can always call in sick.

A few fieros that were there yesterday.

------------------

87GT 4.9 Daily Driver
New, "to me" 88 Formula project car. Transforming it into an Areo SE.

[This message has been edited by JetroGT (edited 06-07-2005).]

JetroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2005 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JetroGTSend a Private Message to JetroGTDirect Link to This Post

JetroGT

1874 posts
Member since Jul 99

Phils car

[This message has been edited by JetroGT (edited 06-07-2005).]

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2005 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Sigh...had really planned on attending, but stuck at the house today. Oh well, my car isn't really what I'd consider ready anyway. Hopefully will be there next year.

On another note, I found an item which I'd forgotten I had. At the cookout/Fiero workday, we will be holding a drawing for the factory subwoofer box I found as I was cleaning up my workspace...

JetroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2005 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JetroGTSend a Private Message to JetroGTDirect Link to This Post
Pics from the convention center.

PFF
System Bot
lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2005 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
fun, fun, fun!!

5 fieros at vonov's, and a few cars of inferior make. good folks, LOTS of food.
we had 2 giveaways, swapped and aligned a hood, aligned a decklid, swapped another decklid, replaced a door hinge pin and exorcized some ricer sticker demons.

i'm ready for the next one!

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2005 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Well, lurker, looks like you guys made it home before I got to post (fell asleep in front of the telly). As Mark said, we had a great time; there were more hot dogs than you could shake a stick at, and everyone except Boonch (who got lost and arrived two hours after we declared lunch served) got at least one burger, and I think I managed not to poison anyone. My neighbor/assistant David helped out with the cooking chores, and I neglected to inform him that the Polish sausage was ALREADY cooked; let's just say it was a lot MORE done when it was through. Boonch, Interceptor429, lurker, tinman4982, TennT, Ed Parks, one previous Fiero owner (David), two prospective Fiero owners (my friend Jason and his wife), several spouses, two dogs, and two cats were all in attendance, and a good time was had by all. About the time everyone was thinking nap (we had enough hot dogs, etc, to feed a small cavalry regiment) after eating, I reminded everyone of the primary mission, which was to get work accomplished on our cars. Everyone set to with a will, and we accomplished quite a lot in a short time, despite the rain, which sort of limited us to what we could accomplish under the carport one vehicle at a time. All in all, it was a pretty cool day.

[This message has been edited by Vonov (edited 06-12-2005).]

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2005 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
is it too soon to start thinking about the next event? september? october?
lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2005 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
bump
billmcc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2005 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for billmccClick Here to visit billmcc's HomePageSend a Private Message to billmccDirect Link to This Post
Hey fella's

I just ran across this thread. I am also from TN. Decatur to be exact. I am planning to go on the trial run of run for the hills this saturday. If anyone would like to meet up and ride over there together let me know. This is my first run to asheville and would really like someone to lead.

Bill

85 GT
86 GT Parts car

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/joann1280/100_1009.jpg

I really need a 2 inch drop on it now

[This message has been edited by billmcc (edited 07-12-2005).]

chubb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2005 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chubb1Send a Private Message to chubb1Direct Link to This Post
I am in for an Eastern TN meet. My car is still in Michigan, at least until I buy a house down here.
Eric
lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2005 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
welcome, guys. east TN is a little out of my range, but i'm sure you'll have fun. in the next week or so we may start cooking up something for mid TN in the fall.

[This message has been edited by lurker (edited 07-12-2005).]

billmcc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2005 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for billmccClick Here to visit billmcc's HomePageSend a Private Message to billmccDirect Link to This Post
I can do middle tn. keep me informed.

Bill

85 GT
86 GT Parts car

Need to mow too!

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2005 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by billmcc:
I can do middle tn. keep me informed.
Need to mow too!

watch this thread for upcoming events. we're not organized enough to do the "club announcements", but hey, we're tennesseans, what did you expect?.
back out one level to the thread list, click on the star to the right of the thread header to make a "personal favorite", then checkback once or twice a week.

now, go cut your grass

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2005 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
I see another East Tennessean has joined the crowd! ... In JC of all places. Welcome to the forum!

------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

PFF
System Bot
billmcc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2005 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for billmccClick Here to visit billmcc's HomePageSend a Private Message to billmccDirect Link to This Post
JC?? Sorry you got me on that one.

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2005 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by billmcc:

JC?? Sorry you got me on that one.

probably a reference to chubb1 in Johnson City

billmcc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2005 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for billmccClick Here to visit billmcc's HomePageSend a Private Message to billmccDirect Link to This Post
Ah, as usual the obvious just went shwoosh right on past me.
lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2005 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
well, it's time to start thinking about the next meet. i was thinking of suggesting a junkyard tour here in shelbyville for October, and JB1 has suggested a drive thru the hills to the Jack Daniels distillery. maybe a cookout on the back acre. anyone got any other/better ideas?

[This message has been edited by lurker (edited 08-01-2005).]

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2005 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Both ideas sound like fun. I can go either way. The run to the distillery would, of course, depend on everyone's Fiero machinery being more or less reliable. For the junkyard crawl, I'd bring my 4WD Suburban and a trailer.

[This message has been edited by Vonov (edited 08-02-2005).]

chubb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2005 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chubb1Send a Private Message to chubb1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlueGT:

I see another East Tennessean has joined the crowd! ... In JC of all places. Welcome to the forum!

Hey, where are you at BlueGT?

Boonch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2005 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoonchSend a Private Message to BoonchDirect Link to This Post
Soundin good to me. I like the junkyard idea quite well, even more so now that i found a good job. Keep me informed, i should be driving the red se by then, its already road worthy

well later,

---Tim--- 85 sport coupe 4 cyl 5 speed 86 SE V6 auto

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2005 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
I'm here! Just took a several weeks off... not by choice. Been super busy with everything else and haven't been able to get online except to check email. So busy that I've neglected my project fiero. At the moment, I'm Fieroless.

I'm hoping that the Sevierville/Pigeon Forge gathering could be an annual thing to do during the first part of the year for everyone. We could have meets almost anywhere you guys want. I'd love to see a meet in East TN before summer goes away. If the East Tennessee folk want to try and grab some lunch or have a cookout, please LMK. I'm sure that with all the East Tn people on the forum, we can find something to do if you guys want to make a day of it. Any ideas? There are lots of things on this side of the state that is fun. Although we don't have Jack Daniel's, I remember passing a hardware store and some corn fields in Greenville, Tn. near Kendal's part of the world! lol

I missed out on the work day at Vonov's. Hopefully I can come down to the next function. Just let me know when and where.

Where there's Fiero's and food... I'll be there!

------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2005 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

I remember passing a hardware store and some corn fields in Greenville, Tn. near Kendal's part of the world! lol

now, THERE'S something unusual! got eny corn in them thar fields?

ThreeofClubs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2005 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreeofClubsSend a Private Message to ThreeofClubsDirect Link to This Post

At the moment, I'm Fieroless.

Let me know if you want to borrow my black GT.

I've been out of touch myself, but am trying to get back in the swing of things. Bonus: I have a running Fiero now! One suggestion I have involves a cookout in the GSMNP. There is a really nice new picnic area with a great shelter, complete with fireplace and multiple grills. Check it out in the clickable thumbnail below. It is in the Greenbrier section of the park, along the Little Pigeon River. Beautiful. I have lots of photos take there.

If there is any interest, I will happily check into reserving it and setting up a cookout. It has lots of handy parking and is easy to get to. Since it is covered, weather should not be much of a problem. That's just an idea I had. I'm open to a restaurant or whatever, also.

PFF
System Bot
BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2005 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
I love that idea! I'm always up for a cookout in the Smokey's! When do you want to do this? What do we need to bring?

Woohoo! This beats the 'shine idea in Greenville. Us kuntry foke shore do no how to get a shin dig a goin!

Rocky Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2005 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rocky TopSend a Private Message to Rocky TopDirect Link to This Post
Think I heard my name mentioned. How it goin' Blue GTless.

Whatta you mean you don't have a Fiero?

I'm up for cookout. Cook up a date and will do my best to work it in.

Might even find a sampler of liquid corn to bring.

Purely medicinal purposes only. Believe I feel a headache coming on.

Kendall

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2005 06:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Boy, howdy!! Ah reckon ah could git warmed up to th' ideer of a cookout mah dang self...in GSMNP. I'd have to, I've never been there, all the more reason to do one there.
chubb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2005 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chubb1Send a Private Message to chubb1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rocky Top:

Think I heard my name mentioned. How it goin' Blue GTless.

Whatta you mean you don't have a Fiero?

I'm up for cookout. Cook up a date and will do my best to work it in.

Might even find a sampler of liquid corn to bring.

Purely medicinal purposes only. Believe I feel a headache coming on.

Kendall

Cool, I spend fourty hours a week in Greeneville!!!! I would love to meet up with some of you anywhere in eastern TN. I get passed on the way to work on 11-e by an 87 silver GT with Tusculum College plates a few times every week - anybody know who that is?
Chubb

[This message has been edited by chubb1 (edited 08-06-2005).]

ThreeofClubs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2005 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreeofClubsSend a Private Message to ThreeofClubsDirect Link to This Post
OK, I got a reservation for the picnic. That place is flat BUSY during the vacation season! - 1st Saturday in September - I'll probably start its own thread when I gather all the details, get maps/directions, etc. so it won't clog up this one.

OK, it's on the board, https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/053726.html

[This message has been edited by ThreeofClubs (edited 08-06-2005).]

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2005 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
OK, you guys have been wanting an East Tennesse Fiero Club. Here's a link to someone who's willing to get it started.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/053732.html

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2005 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
Not exactly Fieroless... just don't have a functioning one at the moment. I'm reducing the inventory so that I can concentrate on one or two cars. It got out of hand for a while.

Thanks Charlie for the heads up on the link!

The past few people I've talked to in the last month agree that we have enough interest in each of the regions to form something.

The East Tennessee Fiero "club" is open to all with interest in Fiero's regardless of if they are in the state or not. There are some from VA and NC that are closer to us than the groups in thier state. Sevierville / Pigeon Forge is an excellent meeting point because of its location. It's central for most of East Tennessee. (Even I even have to drive an hour an a half to get there.) The club thing sounds like it will work. We'll just have to have a few divisions under the "Tennessee Fiero Club" umbrella because this state it way too long!.

------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

[This message has been edited by BlueGT (edited 08-08-2005).]

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2005 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
Here's a heads up for everyone on some of the upcoming "get togethers".

Two events on the same day...September 3rd!

Rob is planning a lunch in Helen, Georgia, and ThreeofClubs is hosting the East Tennessee Fiero Picnic in the Mountains in Gatlinburg, TN. Plenty of things to do during the first of the month. No excuse not to take the Fiero out for a spin.

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2005 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
enough of this east tennessee nonsense. it's time to start planning for Mid TN again.

for your amusement, i offer this:

what:
Bedford County Junkyard Tour. visit dead or comatose fieros resting in junkyards, snag parts as appropriate, sit out in my backyard for a bonfire and cookout at the end of the day.

where:
scenic Bedford County, 25 minutes south of Murfreesboro by highway 231. although there are cow and horse pastures nearby, I live just 5 miles west of beautiful downtown Shelbyville, and have a large back yard, ample parking, and a big pile of brush to burn. there are at least 2 junkyards containing fieros (at least 11) within 10 miles, and several parked fieros gathering dust nearby to look at.

when:
some unspecified weekend in October. i have prior commitments on the 15th and 22nd, but the 1st, 2nd and 5th weekends are free for fieroing. anyone have preferences? me, i like saturday the 8th.

why:
why not?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock