Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Tennessee Fiero Club (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
Tennessee Fiero Club by BlueGT
Started on: 01-18-2005 02:09 PM
Replies: 568
Last post by: Pete Matos on 04-09-2011 12:48 PM
lurker

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2005 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
good, good. that makes 3 maybes. what time's best for everyone?

i pwn page 3!

[This message has been edited by lurker (edited 03-13-2005).]

IP: Logged
Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2005 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Noon is ok for me...

------------------
'88 Formula - 4.9 conversion by The Fiero Factory

"Yea, verily, I say unto you, there is no substitute for Cubic Inches. Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of rice, I shall fear no evil, for V-8 is with me..."
---- from the Cubist bible

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 03:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
saturday, 26th, noon to 3+, wartrace?
TennT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 05:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TennTSend a Private Message to TennTDirect Link to This Post
I'm gonna try.
Wartrace is a bit of a drive from here.

TG

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
Anytime around noon or after would be great. Do you have a physical address to the location? Mapquest makes getting there a little easier.
lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlueGT:

Anytime around noon or after would be great. Do you have a physical address to the location? Mapquest makes getting there a little easier.

map

saturday, march 26th, noon to 3+, wartrace.

it's a small town, if there's a fiero on the square you'll see it.

i really like some of the town names around hre, bug scuffle, bottle hoollow, gnat hill...

[This message has been edited by lurker (edited 03-15-2005).]

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
and let's not forget the thriving metropolis of Bell Buckle, or the ever cosmopolitan Tinytown...and almost forgot Snaketown (a place I'd personally stay out of after dark; it's near a creek, and has that name for a reason...)

[This message has been edited by Vonov (edited 03-15-2005).]

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2005 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
<bump>

I forgot... which stump do we turn left? Also, was it a deer or dog path we have to follow for 2.5 miles?

------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

Boonch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2005 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoonchSend a Private Message to BoonchDirect Link to This Post
Well, ya go way on down yonder til ya see the big oak tree, make ye a left hand turn at that oak, then ya go on down that road till ye see a biiiiig barn witha old rusted tractor there, ye make a right hand turn right there, go on down yonder and ye caint miss it, its gonna be a big shin dig down there.

talked to vonov imma try to figure my way down there c ya

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2005 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
No, y'all turn left at the hog waller, the stump is where ya turn right, dad blame it!!!

------------------

"Yea, verily, I say unto you, there is no substitute for Cubic Inches. Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of rice, I shall fear no evil, for V-8 is with me..."

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2005 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
it's just past the corner where the old church used to be. y'all know it, it aint a fur piece. y' reckon?
PFF
System Bot
Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2005 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Btw, got mine up and running (thank the gods for Cadillac cooling system sealant -- LMAO when I looked at the ingredients for that stuff -- it's mostly ginger --- you know, the spice. Guess that old motor sergeant who told me pepper would seal a radiator wasn't senile after all...) so I won't have to drive the Suburban. With the price of gas, that's a very good thing; so glad I have the overdrive tranny in the Fiero now. Who says you can't have your cake and eat it too?

------------------

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2005 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Awright, I showed up at the Whistle Stop Cafe at noon (good steak, too!) waited till 1:30...what happened to the rest of you who were gonna come??

(tapping foot) Hmmmm?

[This message has been edited by Vonov (edited 03-19-2005).]

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2005 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
I think it's supposed to be next Saturday... at least that's the date lurker had posted.

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2005 05:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Oh, bloody hell, I'd forgotten he said Saturday after next, this last time around...(whacks self in forehead) ah, well, it was rainy anyway, couldn't have as much fun on the curves, but now I know exactly where everything is and how long it takes to get there, and I found a problem with my recently installed new windshield, which I've hopefully cured, and won't be an annoyance anymore. Annoyance, hell...I'm cruising I-24 on the way back to Nashville, and this wind whistle, which was a minor annoyance on the way down, suddenly becomes more pronounced after I get passed by a large truck, and begins getting progressively worse. It finally gets to the point where I can actually determine WHERE it's coming from...upper right corner of the windshield. I reach up, and (gently) push up on the glass, and the sound changes... and as I'm going down the road, I can feel the glass moving in its mount as I pass over irregularities in the road surface...not good. I get it home, and discover that the guys who installed my windshield skimped some on the adhesive...just glad the conditions weren't more turbulent, I might've found myself driving home like Barney Oldfield, goggles and all.

------------------

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2005 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vonov:

Awright, I showed up at the Whistle Stop Cafe at noon (good steak, too!) waited till 1:30...what happened to the rest of you who were gonna come??

(tapping foot) Hmmmm?

i am sorry this happened, though for some reason i suspected it might. i dont know what to say...
vonov, check your PM

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2005 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
saturday, march 26th, noon to 3+, wartrace.
map

[This message has been edited by lurker (edited 03-23-2005).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2005 03:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Just in case any of the TN folks would be interested, Bluegrass Fieros is going auto crossing on 3 April in Lexington, KY at Applebees Park. SCCA sanctioned and lots of fun. We're also having Fiero get together Derby Party on Derby Day, 7 May if that interests anyone. If interested and need info, email or PM me with your address and I'll send the info along to you.

------------------
Ron
Freedom isn't Free, it's always earned.
Pantero Creations

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2005 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lurker:

i am sorry this happened, though for some reason i suspected it might. i dont know what to say...
vonov, check your PM

Suffering from dain bramage, I'll try to be there this weekend, lol...

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2005 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
-<bump>-
lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2005 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
bump
saturday, march 26th (tomorrow), 12:00 - 3+, whistlestop cafe, wartrace.
here's a pic so you know who to look for-might bring hat, wont bring dog.
PFF
System Bot
BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2005 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
Bring the hat!

------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2005 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Hey Boonch, you coming to Wartrace, or is the bearing problem gonna keep you in Hohenwald? I'd offer to come pick you up, but I've got to convoy down to Beech Grove first with the missus. (She's taking new daughter to see parents.)

------------------

Boonch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2005 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoonchSend a Private Message to BoonchDirect Link to This Post
well its 8 am, lookin good so far, i think i have the map down lol so i'll try, ill be in the my white sport coupe, couldnt get my fuel tank in my Se yesterday, so ill c ya down there or try to

c ya

---Tim---

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2005 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
jeeze, it looks like people are actually going to show up this time. it must be a trick!
lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2005 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

lurker

12351 posts
Member since Feb 2002
well, we met, and i had a great time. it was a real pleasure to meet vonov with his 4.9 and luxuriant hair, booch and his pristine 85/86 2m6/4, bluegt and his white car, and tinman even though he brought a chevy truck! looking forward to the next meet!

------------------
'84 2m4 se, a work in progress http://www.mtsu.edu/~mkr2c/fiero.htm

Boonch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2005 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoonchSend a Private Message to BoonchDirect Link to This Post
That was great cant wait for the next one. that was the best time i have had in a long time, all in all, I'm excited !

c ya

---Tim--- 85 err umm well its a 84,85,86 sport coupe/base coupe/gt/se/Wtf???

and a true 86 se v6 auto

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2005 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
Just made it back! It was great to meet with everyone. I think I had Tim get lost in how good my white Fiero looked on the way back. Would definately like to get together with everyone soon. For everyone that couldn't make it, you missed some really good food. I'll remember the cafe' if I'm in that area again.

------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2005 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
I just made it back myself, had some work to do on my mom's computer before leaving Beech Grove. Had a great time and enjoyed meeting new friends, or maybe old friends face to face. While there, we discovered that each of us has talents that'll enable us as a group to improve our cars and assist each other in keeping them roadworthy. We decided that forming as a club would be advantageous to us all; we decided on a loose organization to begin with, with a name not yet set in stone, (or even on paper) to meet quarterly, at locations to be selected by the group. At the end of an all-too-brief afternoon, three of the four cars that showed for our meeting in Wartrace, convoyed back to I-24, on a road with sweeping curves, with a stop to top off fuel tanks for the journey home. (I couldn't resist letting mine run a bit as we swept through a small valley the road ran through.) A large time was had by all.
The wife and I discussed having a "car crafting" day (weekend?) at our place; her only proviso was that anything that drives in has to drive out (or be transported) again, which I thought was a reasonable request on her part. I propose that our first projects as a group would be to help Boonch (providing he hasn't switched to driving his SE) replace his decklid, and assist Blue in front mounting his battery. Neither project should take a great deal of time, and should not interfere with our primary mission, which is to talk Fieros, swap lies, consume refreshments, grill out, and generally have fun. Anyone wishing to join us in June will be more than welcome to be there.

------------------

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2005 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

"car crafting" day (weekend?) at our place; her only proviso was that anything that drives in has to drive out (or be transported) again, which I thought was a reasonable request on her part. I propose that our first projects as a group would be to help Boonch (providing he hasn't switched to driving his SE) replace his decklid, and assist Blue in front mounting his battery.

a great plan!

our primary mission, which is to talk Fieros, swap lies, consume refreshments, grill out, and generally have fun.

i'm up for this, especially the swapping lies part. i might even bring a couple of parts to swap.

let's bump this thread every week or so so evweryone sees it.

Ronnie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2005 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
OK , ya'll know the rules !!! Pictures required !!!
PFF
System Bot
BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2005 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
I took a few... Just have to resize them. I'll try to post a couple I took tomorrow.

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2005 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
All right, but I was so wrapped up in jabbering with everyone, I forgot to take any but one while everyone was there, but I did get a couple of shots from the same location, on the dreary weekend before (weather was PERFECT on Saturday).

My car across the street from the Whistlestop Cafe weekend before last...

Inside the Whistlestop Cafe, former drugstore (I think), you can see the squares in the floor where the soda stools were mounted.

From left to right, Vonov, BlueGT, Boonch, and Lurker...

------------------

[This message has been edited by Vonov (edited 03-27-2005).]

Boonch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2005 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoonchSend a Private Message to BoonchDirect Link to This Post
bump
lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2005 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
anyone going to the swap meet in toney?
Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2005 04:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
I plan on it, but I do have to work part of that weekend, so I'll probably have to just make a day trip out of it. Good thing I live close by.
BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2005 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
I plan on driving down. If you guys have a few parts requests, let me know. I'll look through the parts I have and bring them with me. Thought about trailoring some down to sell. If I can sell some stuff, it will help in the "return to school" quest.

Let me know when the Middle TN people want to do a "work day" or meet. The weather is beginning to turn nice and it's a shame to let those days go to waste by doing something silly like mowing or going to work.

For the East TN and surrounding area people, we might be able to put together a "work day"/meet together somewhere in the middle of East TN if any of you are interested. With gas prices going up, I know people don't want to drive very far.

------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2005 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
well it's been a week since we met, and i'm already jones'in for another fix. i want to do the toney swapmeet, but have to do some schedule-checking. a day trip would be about right. next time we do a shelbyville area meet, i suggest a junkyard tour, to go visit all the sleeping/dead fieros, i know of 3 in driveways and 9 or 10 in junkyards.
Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2005 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
If we do a junkyard tour, I can bring my Suburban; if the yards are remote, not a prob, four wheel drive is our friend; have tow chains as well. Looking for a deal on a trailer so I can do Fiero rescue duty as well. (I guess I'd better get started on planting the hedge along the back of my property; wife is cool with my automotive toys as long as I have a place to put them away)

------------------
Famous last words...
"Nonsense, they couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." — John Sedgwick (1813-64), US general. In response to a suggestion that he should not show himself over the parapet during the Battle of the Wilderness. No sooner were the words out of his mouth, than he fell back with a mortal head wound.

Soaper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2005 04:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SoaperSend a Private Message to SoaperDirect Link to This Post
april 16th... somewhere? somehow? hahahaha. im just fed up with the military hassale and gotta get out and do something! I did meet a girl and she's now my girlfriend... reason i havent checked on here... We'd prolly be the youngest... me being 18 and her 17... haha gotta love the younger people that enjoy fieros. i have some sick ideas for the fiero. anyway . Set a meet somewhere... i know some of u have bigger engines and Fuel Prices are killing u... im starting to like my lil focus more and more for the 4cyl... hehe Although i did blow the transmission...but it's getting replaced... would have it back tuesday.. .but NO im in the field for a week... so ill get it friday... so cmon... april april 16thish? cmon now.. u know ya wanna meet up... i'd go this weekend but im gonna be burnt out from the field and id wanna see my g/f... Vonov? how old are ya bud? maybe me and my g/f and cruise down to nashville sometime and meet up... go out for dinner and b/s and what not.. But anyway cmon guys keep the date's rollin in... I heard something about May 7th... but i wanna do something this month and i also wanna get out and test the focus once it's fixed... BTW dont laugh at my grapefruit exhaust it came with the car technically... anyway whats the deal? meet when where what? cmon now.

Soaper

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock