Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Tennessee Fiero Club (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
Tennessee Fiero Club by BlueGT
Started on: 01-18-2005 02:09 PM
Replies: 568
Last post by: Pete Matos on 04-09-2011 12:48 PM
TennT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2005 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TennTSend a Private Message to TennTDirect Link to This Post
I hate to be a stick in the mud, but if it's sleeting, I just can't be there.
Dad's a bit under the weather too.
I'm hoping we'll get a break in the weather.
Maybe I can be there.

TG

IP: Logged
lurker

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2005 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TennT:
I hate to be a stick in the mud, but if it's sleeting, I just can't be there.

slacker! ok, i admit, if it's actually coming down at 11:30, i *might* have reservations myself, but then it's only a 1/2 hour drive for me. safety first!

Dad's a bit under the weather too.

tell him to get better. that'll help

I'm hoping we'll get a break in the weather.
Maybe I can be there.
TG

if you cant make this one, we'll just try again.

forecast from weather.com:
Sat
Jan 29 Rain
43°/38° 80%
43 °F

Sun
Jan 30 Cloudy
50°/36° 20%
50 °F

[This message has been edited by lurker (edited 01-28-2005).]

TennT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TennTSend a Private Message to TennTDirect Link to This Post
Ok, So now you've riled me.
I'll show you I'm no welcher, by golly by gum.
Them's fighting words

....ahem, the weather is supposed to be better, so's my dad, so
I guess it's not such a put out. I just hope old SnowWhite is up to
this.
Time to change oil.

TG

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
the roads are wet but not frozen. it's not expected to freeze tonight although they say there may be some snowfall, i dont expect any accumulation or icing, but drive carefully, whereever youre headed. it just occured to me that on sunday bell buckle may be closed (yes, the whole town) but i'll check on the cafe in wartrace, the next town over too.

weather forecast courtesy of weather.com

Jan 29 Tonight
A few rain showers this evening mixing with snow showers overnight. Low 37F. Winds light and variable. Chance of precip 50%.
Jan 30 Tomorrow
Overcast. High 47F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Jan 30 Tomorrow night
Mostly cloudy. Low 33F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.

PLAN B, in case bell buckle is shut tight.
drive to wartrace, about 10 minutes away and lunch at the whistlestop cafe. they do cajun, catfish and BBQ. wartrace is slightly historically significant, having been Polk's HQ during the Tullahoma campaign, and the "Birthplace of the Tennessee Walking Horse". if BB is closed, i'll wait in bell buckle for about 1/2 hour, then leave a sign on the Bell Buckle Cafe door.

[This message has been edited by lurker (edited 01-29-2005).]

TennT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TennTSend a Private Message to TennTDirect Link to This Post
I hate to back out, but it is going to be almost impossible for me to make it.
The surgeon decided to leave town Sat. and forgot to sign out my dad, so I have
to make sure he gets home ok today. The weather is just not co=operating very well either.

Let's schedule another date (someone suggested Feb 2??).
Sending an email and PM, Lurk, to see if you get this.

TG

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

I hate to back out, but it is going to be almost impossible for me to make it.
The surgeon decided to leave town Sat. and forgot to sign out my dad, so I have
to make sure he gets home ok today. The weather is just not co=operating very well either.

Let's schedule another date (someone suggested Feb 2??).
Sending an email and PM, Lurk, to see if you get this.

TG

sorry you can't make it this time, i'm sure we can schedule another. go liberate your dad. late February is up in the air for me right now, but most likely doable.

meanwhile - current conditions wet, no ice, 37*
here's the forecast for today and tonight, courtesy of weather.com
Jan 30 Today
Areas of dense morning fog. Cloudy skies. High 46F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Jan 30 Tonight
Mainly cloudy. Low 34F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.

and here's a map of the area, from mapquest.
map

[This message has been edited by lurker (edited 01-30-2005).]

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

lurker

12351 posts
Member since Feb 2002
i arrived in Bell Buckle 10 minutes early, scanned the parking lot, no fieros. put a sign on the car saying "in Bell Buckle Cafe", went into said emporium, got in line for a table, waited a while, still no fieros (except mine). was seated and ordered, went out to look over the lot, still no fieros. ate lunch, no fieros. left about 1:00, no fieros, i hope noone arrived after that.

tennesseans are a fractious lot by nature, and fiero owning tennesseans apparently more so. this is going to take real persistence.

the waitresses were cute, and lunch was good.

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
Sorry Lurker... I was headed your way, but didn't make it very far. The belt broke before I made it out the driveway on the only registered Fiero I have at the moment. By the time I got the part and fixed it, It was already after noon.
BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post

BlueGT

976 posts
Member since Jul 2002
Did come up with an idea for a place over the weekend... How about Fuddrucker's in Sevierville?

Fuddruckers on the 26th at 12:30pm... start lunch around 1-1:30PM.

Thought I'd run this idea by everyone. We could do this if the weather permits. Does this sound good? LMK

------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Direct Link to This Post
Sorry didnot make it Lurker, I had all intentioins to be there sundays are bad for me really no great days to just get away but I will do my best to try and make it next time , The poor weather dont help alot but hopefully when the weather breaks and it is nice sunny and 80 dergree people will feel like just taking a cruise.

------------------
'87 GT
93 3800sc series I / 4t60e
7.597 1/8mile ET
1.579 60'
88.53 mph

Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2005 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
I SO wanted to go...(I lived in Bell Buckle at one point during my childhood). All I could do was look wistfully at my Fiero in the carport, as we were leaving to go back to the hospital. Ah, well...I'll wait for a more opportune time.
PFF
System Bot
lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2005 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
cool, let us know when you all want to meet
BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2005 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
I guess if there's no objections to the location (Fuddruckers) and the date (February 26th), it's a go (weather permitting). Meet there around 12:30... Eat sometime around 1-1:30. Should an astrological event occur to cause it to be postponed, we could hold it on March 5th.

------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

TennT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2005 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TennTSend a Private Message to TennTDirect Link to This Post
We could try again this weekend, Lurk.

Sat would be better than Sun.
It IS a 3 hr. drive from the flat-lands over here.

TG

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2005 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
The way my luck's been going, I'm not even gonna TRY to commit to this weekend, lol. A meteorite might land on my house or something!!! Seriously, though, I'm going to try getting to Bell Buckle next weekend (not this one upcoming), even if no one else shows, if the gods decide to cooperate. They've been rather capricious of late.

------------------
'88 Formula - 4.9 conversion by The Fiero Factory
Shifter surround resto by Fierotech
SUPPORT YOUR FIERO MERCHANTS
Proud member of the Lightbar Fraternity
PFF Supporting Member
"He who does not oppose evil, commands that it be done!" ----Leonardo da Vinci

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2005 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
this saturday is out for me, i'll be in lebanon. the next weekend may be a problem too, i may be going to florida. i should find out on monday. but you guys go ahead and meet.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2005 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Might be able to make this one, the last was fun. Would be interesting if more KY folks showed up than Volunteers. But that's OK, our last cookout at my place we had folks come up from TN.

------------------
Ron
Freedom isn't Free, it's always earned.
Pantero Creations

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2005 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Would be interesting if more KY folks showed up than Volunteers.

That's where you come in Ron... See if 2-tone, opm2000 with the pantera, and the rest can come down. Look forward to seeing you in Sevierville. I enjoyed your gathering... Any thoughts on your next one?

btw... Go Vols!

------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
this coming weekend i'll be around, if anyone wants to get together. bell buckle? wartrace? saturday? sunday?
BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2005 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
There's a possibility I could come down on Saturday. PM heading your way.

------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2005 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlueGT:
There's a possibility I could come down on Saturday. PM heading your way.

works for me. pm sent. bump.
PFF
System Bot
Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2005 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Anyone have experience with helicoil or time-sert thread repair kits? Bolt stripped on me when reinstalling water pump...unless I get it fixed, I'm not going anywhere for a while.

[This message has been edited by Vonov (edited 02-09-2005).]

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2005 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vonov:
Anyone have experience with helicoil or time-sert thread repair kits? Bolt stripped on me when reinstalling water pump...unless I get it fixed, I'm not going anywhere for a while.

bolt stripped, or hole in block stripped? if it's just the bolt, get a tap the same type as the bolt to clean out the hole, then get a new bolt. ive used a helicoil once, long ago. i dont remember it well, but it didnt seem difficult. IIRC, you drill the hole out larger, re-tap it and screw in the coil, with lots of lock-tite.

[This message has been edited by lurker (edited 02-09-2005).]

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2005 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Hole in block stripped. I THINK it may have already been damaged, it was really difficult to remove that particular bolt (none of the others were) and I noticed a large amount of blue form-a-gasket around the edges of the pump, where it had been replaced once before. I also noticed a bit of aluminum clinging to the bolt threads when I got it out, but didn't think much about at the time, was just happy to get it out...
lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2005 03:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
bump.
lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2005 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
anyone want to try the bell buckle thing in mid-late-march, say the 19th or 20th?
vonov, any luck with your stripped threads?
TennT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2005 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TennTSend a Private Message to TennTDirect Link to This Post
I'll commit Lurk,
Unless it's the one weekend I can work because of weather!
Finally got the car running like I want. Put in a new ECM and low and
behold, the old one was a BWarner reman with a Superchip!
What a combo. Car was running way rich with a nasty stumble
off of a stop.

Keep us posted on details.
TG

jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2005 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Direct Link to This Post
If I can get my car running right or get the kit running I will make it in march.

------------------
'87 GT
93 3800sc series I / 4t60e
7.597 1/8mile ET
1.579 60'
88.53 mph

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2005 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
Might be up for the trip if it's on Saturday. Sunday's are a little difficult to go anywhere far away.

------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2005 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
saturdays appear better for most than sundays. saturday the 19th work for everyone? i was thinking of suggesting wartrace instead of bell buckle, it's about 5 miles from BB, more history, less crowds. the Whistle Stop Cafe does the usual burgers and bbq, plus catfish, fried green tomatoes, "louisiana style" shrimp, chicken, etc.
Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2005 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lurker:

anyone want to try the bell buckle thing in mid-late-march, say the 19th or 20th?
vonov, any luck with your stripped threads?

Looks like I may have the problem solved, just a matter of getting the time to put it back together. (Which reminds me, I need to post a warning to 4.9 jocks...) I'll have to see what my schedule looks like between now and the third weekend in March. I should know by the 13th...

------------------
'88 Formula - 4.9 conversion by The Fiero Factory

"Yea, verily, I say unto you, there is no substitute for Cubic Inches. Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of rice, I shall fear no evil, for V-8 is with me..."
---- from the Cubist bible

PFF
System Bot
lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2005 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
scheise, merde, caca del fuego!
i am double-booked for the 19th, can't make it. somebody else pick a date.
Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2005 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lurker:

scheise, merde, caca del fuego!
i am double-booked for the 19th, can't make it. somebody else pick a date.

As our Russkiy friends would say, gavno...let's try the following week, then...(actually works better for me so far)

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2005 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post

Vonov

3745 posts
Member since May 2004
dang double post...

[This message has been edited by Vonov (edited 03-07-2005).]

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2005 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vonov:
As our Russkiy friends would say, gavno...let's try the following week, then...(actually works better for me so far)

<double-checking schedule>
26th is good for me.
"gavno", new word, thanks!
lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2005 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
bump
Soaper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2005 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SoaperSend a Private Message to SoaperDirect Link to This Post
Hey i'd like to meet up with the Fiero goers down here in TN... i'd like to meet some new people down here... im stuck here for 3 years!!!! I leave in oct for iraq tho anyway i could prolly drive anywhere... drive friday and be there for the saturday deal... Anyway i wouldn't have a fiero... i'd have a 02 Focus hahaha anyway... where would the meet be? so i can plan a road trip deal... KMP

soaper

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2005 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
a couple of us might be getting together at wartrace, about an hour south of nashville on saturday the 26th. time undetermined, but probably noon or early afternoon. you are welcome to join us. keep an eye on this thread for updates.
map

[This message has been edited by lurker (edited 03-08-2005).]

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2005 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
bump
saturday after next, wartrace, early afternoon? anyone? bueller?

[This message has been edited by lurker (edited 03-15-2005).]

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2005 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
I plan on being there, if I have no more mechanical difficulties, and if the Fiero won't make it, I'll bring the war wagon.
Tony
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock