Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Tennessee Fiero Club (Page 10)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
Tennessee Fiero Club by BlueGT
Started on: 01-18-2005 02:09 PM
Replies: 568
Last post by: Pete Matos on 04-09-2011 12:48 PM
wanobi

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post
I hope everyone had a good time. The rain did cool things down. It was very nice to meet everyone. I didn't take as many pics as I planned on, but did get several. a couple did come out a little blurry, my eyes ain't what they used to be.

Host car:

just before everyone arrived, plenty of parking:

couple of the cars:

should be a pic of all the cars and all the people..

another pic of the people and a couple cars...my daughter trying to sneak out of the pic on the back leftside:

The 3 fastbacks (2 88's and a '86 ) that were there. This was Black Betty's longest journey (driven) and first TN rainstorm.

another shot of some of the cars and 2 of the wives that had to suffer through Fiero talk, both are very nice ladies.

The line up:

side shot of line up:

backsides....plates blacked out to protect the innocent...or is it the guilty???

another side view of the lineup...a little blurry

one more side view..also a little blurry...sorry guys and gals

should of got one of the flushmounts together and then the notchies together.

guess which car had the 4.9l in it???? Sounds really good. Much better than my little 2.8l
IP: Logged
interceptor429

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for interceptor429Send a Private Message to interceptor429Direct Link to This Post
the white and silver notchback had the 4.9L, what do i win ? ......lol.later keith

[This message has been edited by interceptor429 (edited 06-17-2006).]

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by interceptor429:
what do i win ?

an invitation to the next get-together.
Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by interceptor429:

the white and silver notchback had the 4.9L, what do i win ? ......lol.later keith

Hmmmm...I believe you've seen my car before, Keith (although not in its present colors). My guess is you recognized the wheels? You're disqualified. Next contestant, please! LOL!
Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post

Vonov

3745 posts
Member since May 2004
You know, Mark, now that I think about it, Lady Lurker's microwave potato story was just the inspiration I needed for my culinary skills, lol. Everyone was very kind! Chuck wagon drivers have been lynched for performances similar to mine today...

[This message has been edited by Vonov (edited 06-18-2006).]

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vonov:

You know, Mark, now that I think about it, Lady Lurker's microwave potato story was just the inspiration I needed for my culinary skills, lol. Everyone was very kind! Chuck wagon drivers have been lynched for performances similar to mine today...

the first time i got a microwave, a roomie tried cooking rice in it. he set it for the normal stovetop time, and by the time he went to check it, the rice (and microwave oven) had burst into flames.

charcoal is good for you. not only is it one of the major food groups, they use it to purify the air in submarines. it reminds us of the primal memory of mammoth charred over an open fire. and we are, after all, a carbon-based life form.
interceptor429

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for interceptor429Send a Private Message to interceptor429Direct Link to This Post
yes ,i'm cheating ...lol, i remember the wheels yes ,then i believed it was red,and greetings lurker and vonov,ftom ft.knox,ky .....its been a year since i and my son were down in nashville ,was a great day i've added a 86 black gt of my own ,the one we came to nashville was my sons car,vonov i love those colors on your car ,VERY NICE JOB,and lurker are you still reinacting(civilwar),enjoy guys talk to yall(kyhillbilly talk)later keith
Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 05:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Keith, for the compliment. For some reason, the color scheme seems to take people by surprise. Mark's wife didn't realize the car was two colors until I moved it and she saw it from anoher angle. In this shot the blue pearl in the clearcoat shows up well.

This was one of the nicest spots for taking pictures of cars I've ever seen, and the lighting was perfect.

[This message has been edited by Vonov (edited 06-18-2006).]

topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2006 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
Just bumping this up with a pic of my car cause nobody saw it. Got the front suspension all put back together. Still needs bushings though. Maybe I'll get some video in a day or two before I readjust the valves.

wanobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2006 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post
That's a nice looking car you got there. What year and was it born wingless?
tinman4982

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2006 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tinman4982Send a Private Message to tinman4982Direct Link to This Post
nice car Chris, i'm a fan of red GT,s.....lol
nice meeting you, and good seeing everyone saturday.

John
PFF
System Bot
topher_time

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2006 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
It's a 88 lowered one inch in the front with Rodney's ball joints, highly recommended! No it was not born wingless, I removed it because I caught someone trying to steal it and shot them with a pellet gun (allows me to seriously aggravate a situation without actually changing the course of history, plus, it stings like a b*tch) I have not fixed it yet as they pulled the little inserts out of the wing itself and just haven't had the time. But since i removed it, the look has grown on me, may just leave it off for awhile. Thanks for the compliment on the car, but it doesn't look that good in person. Paint sucks and it's flaking off the front bumper. Again it was nice to meet everyone on Saturday. Already looking forward to the next one. Memphis said no on my idea of hosting a Fiero show on Beale Street

the mighty 3.4

wanobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2006 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post
That is one clean engine. Sorry to hear that Memphis said no. I'm more than willing to have everyone back out here in my neck of the woods.
topher_time

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2006 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
Heres a short video of taking my car 0-60-0 in a parking lot. The picture is more or less terrible, the sun sucks. Sound isn't too bad, but no where near as loud as it is inside. What else can I expect from my digital camera? I'll try and get something better tomorrow. Let me know if it doesn't play or needs to be removed all together, please. Pretty soon I'll start my own thread with all my little video clips.

http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e53/topher_time/?action=view¤t=0-60mov-1.flv

edited to say, don't flame me for grinding third, it happens!

[This message has been edited by topher_time (edited 06-22-2006).]

wanobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2006 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post
yeah, the sun really makes it difficult to see what's going on. other than shifting. Did you just mount the camera on the center consol?
wanobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2006 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post
While taking a little spin around town, I came across a '86 GT for sale.

Gold ( looks original based on fading ) , 5spd

1/4 windows one severly cracked the other missing.
a couple pieces of the ground fx broken or missing.

125k on the odometer.
original wheels with center caps in good shape.

the price on the window was $2200.00

didn't get to see the engine or slide under it. I'll try to go back out tomorrow with a camera.

If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll kick the sellers digits your way. I DON'T know the owner, just saw it for sale.
tinman4982

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2006 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tinman4982Send a Private Message to tinman4982Direct Link to This Post
just a bump so i don't lose this thread.

John
wanobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2006 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post
We really need to have another get together. I'd be more than happy to host again.
topher_time

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2006 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a plan, I did a little work to the Fiero and would like to show it off this time 'round. Any ideas on a date? I've got all kinds of vacation time just needing to be used. Would like to see everybody again!

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2006 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
i'm in.
Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2006 04:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Count me in...I just happened to be thinking about it being time to start on the next get together, did a search, and found that apparently we all got the same idea around the same time.
PFF
System Bot
Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2006 04:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Maybe this time we could include a cruise, say, to Sonic in Dickson or somewhere?
wanobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2006 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post
I would say either Sept 16th or the 23rd. I've got to check my work scheduel to see which weekend I have to work.

A cruise definately needs to be done. The Sonic would be a good spot to drvie to.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2006 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wanobi:

I would say either Sept 16th or the 23rd. .

Anyone plan to come to the RFTH 11 Tail of The Dragon on Sept. 15-17?
JetroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2006 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JetroGTSend a Private Message to JetroGTDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there. It will be my first time on the Dragon, and one of the few weekends that I'm not working.

[This message has been edited by JetroGT (edited 08-20-2006).]

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2006 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
I'll be there.
wicked93gs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2006 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wicked93gsSend a Private Message to wicked93gsDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to go, though my car wont be ready for...months at the least,considering I havent even picked it up yet, but since the meet would be so close I'd like to go and see everyone else's cars
tinman4982

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2006 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tinman4982Send a Private Message to tinman4982Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by wanobi:

I would say either Sept 16th or the 23rd. I've got to check my work scheduel to see which weekend I have to work.

A cruise definately needs to be done. The Sonic would be a good spot to drvie to.

just let me know when, i'll be there, the cruise sounds great

John
Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2006 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Wish I could make it for Tail of the Dragon, but I think work is going to conflict. If I get time broke loose at the last minute, I'll be there, though.
Jack Cooke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2006 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jack CookeSend a Private Message to Jack CookeDirect Link to This Post
Hey Guys- If you are going to do another get-together start a new thread so more people will see it. I for one would like to attend IF it is eastern Tenn. or closer.
wanobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2006 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post
When I get home this afternoon, I'll start a new thread for the meet, I have to double check which weekend I have open.
PFF
System Bot
tinman4982

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tinman4982Send a Private Message to tinman4982Direct Link to This Post
Bump!!!......don't want this to get lost.

John
lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tinman4982:
Bump!!!......don't want this to get lost.
John

ive got it in my favorites. getting itchy for another meet? local junkyard changed hands, i think they got rid of their 2 fieros.
reapermedic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reapermedicSend a Private Message to reapermedicDirect Link to This Post
Let me know if there are any meets coming around. I have several parts to get rid of so let me know of any requests. I would like to show up eventhough my Fiero will not be ready anytime soon.
phasselle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phasselleSend a Private Message to phasselleDirect Link to This Post
Hey folks, I live outside Chattanooga. My wife and I would be interested in meeting up. We are heading for Florida Cruise this weekend. Keep this posted for the next ride.
wanobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post
I'm currently Fiero-less for a few weeks. Due to my arm not healing fast enough and my car needing work done, the fine folks at the Fiero Factory are transplanting the 4.9 from my 85 GT to my 86 GT and also doing some other things to my car.

My thanks again to Ed for open up shop on Sunday so I could bring my cars down.

Many thanks to Vonov for helping with the transporting of my cars down there.
TrotFox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2006 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TrotFoxSend a Private Message to TrotFoxDirect Link to This Post
I'm trying to get a job up Oak-Ridge way. If that happens soon I'll be interested in attending a TN meeting myself...

I'll be watching the chaos here to see wa's happenin'. : ]

Red 5spd Formula
Trot, the TN-bound, fox...!
crazyhorse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crazyhorseSend a Private Message to crazyhorseDirect Link to This Post
I'm new to this forum and live south of Nashville and would like to atend any get togethers that hapen in the area.
Idon't have my Fiero yet it should be done next week.
Ed Parks at the Fiero factory are doing a 4.9 conversion on it and I can't wait to get it.
wanobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crazyhorse:

I'm new to this forum and live south of Nashville and would like to atend any get togethers that hapen in the area.
Idon't have my Fiero yet it should be done next week.
Ed Parks at the Fiero factory are doing a 4.9 conversion on it and I can't wait to get it.

Welcome to the forum and the insanity!!

Did you do the battery relocate and the Grand Am upgrade?
crazyhorse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crazyhorseSend a Private Message to crazyhorseDirect Link to This Post
Hi didn't do the battery change Dave got it to fit in the stock location.
I'm working on a brake upgrade that i will do this winter.
Wayne
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock