Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Building a tube frame fiero (Page 13)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
Building a tube frame fiero by gusshotrod
Started on: 01-14-2005 10:12 PM
Replies: 494
Last post by: PerKr on 01-05-2012 05:39 PM
Fiero2m8

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2008 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Direct Link to This Post
Glad to hear 355Fiero still owns the project.
Hopefully this build thread resumes one day.

Cheers,
Ryan
IP: Logged
HTXtremes

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2009 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HTXtremesSend a Private Message to HTXtremesDirect Link to This Post
This Chassis has more miles riding on a trailer then it does have on the road! It is now in NW Arkansas, back in the states! I purchased the chassis from Don and brought it home on Memorial Day weekend. All I can say is wow, like Don said before pictures do not do this work of art justice. Last night I sat my stretched F40 panels on it, the rockers were about an inch off the ground in the middle and a 1/4 inch in the rear. The front hood was an inch off the ground in the front and sitting on the tires. I'm looking at raising it about 4 inches and putting air-over shocks on all four corners so I can raise the car to enter parking lots and lower out on the open road.

To get more updates on the future of "The Tube Frame Fiero" follow the link in my sig.

------------------
Proud owner of the "Tube frame Fiero"
'88 Coupe (extensive mods underway)
'85 GT (2.8 auto all stock)
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/086359.html

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2009 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
I have not followed this thread but a tube frame Fiero sounds like a very agresssive project to complete. One concern that I've always had about building a custom frame for a vehicle is maintaining the geometry on both sides. Depending on the material and welding technique used you have to be expert to insure that the welds shrink equally and maintain equal length from side to side and front to rear. There are experts that can do this but I would not try it as my welding skills aren't that precise.
Hats off to you my friend.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

kawana

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2009 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaDirect Link to This Post
*bump*

so how are things going with this?
Dizzixx

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DizzixxSend a Private Message to DizzixxDirect Link to This Post
followed the link. No info concerning the tube frame. Does anyone know did it ever get a body? or licensed?
pro street dave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pro street daveSend a Private Message to pro street daveDirect Link to This Post
?
IVANNATINKLE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2010 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
defiantly if anyone has a copy of the Cad drawings I'll take a set! also if whoever bought the Tube car ever decides to sell it... let me know!
any body want to make ME one ??
edit bump for updates

[This message has been edited by IVANNATINKLE (edited 02-15-2010).]

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IVANNATINKLE:

defiantly if anyone has a copy of the Cad drawings I'll take a set! also if whoever bought the Tube car ever decides to sell it... let me know!
any body want to make ME one ??
edit bump for updates

There is a link to download them on the previous page.
HTXtremes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HTXtremesSend a Private Message to HTXtremesDirect Link to This Post
The Tube Chassis is sitting in my storage unit in NW Arkansas!

upgrades I've added are:
center lock wheel adapters
moved the rear suspension forward 2", down 2.5", and widened 2.5" per side (3.75" ground clearance to the frame is too low for me)
Rear window has been opened back up
going to widen the upper frame rails in the back for the Aurora engine to fit
Center tunnel is getting removed, side saddle foam filled tanks will be used instead

much much more will be done but have to have a place to work on it again.
HTXtremes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HTXtremesSend a Private Message to HTXtremesDirect Link to This Post

HTXtremes

345 posts
Member since Sep 2007
posted for updated signature, link works now

------------------
Proud owner of the "Tube frame Fiero"
'88 Coupe (extensive mods underway)
'85 GT (2.8 auto all stock)
'88 GT auto, white, formula wheels, getrag in near future
'88 Formula parts car
'00 GMC Sierra 4x4 long bed
'69 Chevelle coupe
'91 19' Baja Islander w/ 395hp vortec 305
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000065.html

[This message has been edited by HTXtremes (edited 11-21-2010).]

Fiero2m8

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Direct Link to This Post
bump from the dead...

------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch ~ LT1-NOS Roadster

PFF
System Bot
mattman134

Feedback score:    (33)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattman134Send a Private Message to mattman134Direct Link to This Post
bump
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2011 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
bump.
jaybeezi

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2011 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybeeziSend a Private Message to jaybeeziDirect Link to This Post
Ahhh man, the best thing about this build was that it was going to be a FIERO, now it's just going to be another kit car... that blows.

Does anyone have those CAD files that were posted up on the previous page? The links don't work anymore.

[This message has been edited by jaybeezi (edited 09-25-2011).]

PerKr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2012 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PerKrClick Here to visit PerKr's HomePageSend a Private Message to PerKrDirect Link to This Post
any updates? the link HTX had in his sig lead to the archives...

was discussing the idea of a tube-frame fiero with a friend of mine today. I'm thinking "yeah, a tube chassis and a fiero body" while he's thinking "yeah, a tube chassis and a unique design", but our ideas are close enough for us to use the same basic chassis.
Btw, does anyone have a good link to instructions for pulling a mold off a car?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock