Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  What if all Fieros were Chop tops? (Page 8)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
What if all Fieros were Chop tops? by jscott1
Started on: 01-01-2005 08:39 PM
Replies: 319
Last post by: exoticse on 09-17-2011 11:05 AM
Nohbdy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2009 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NohbdySend a Private Message to NohbdyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

When Archie chops a car he does lower the seat by about an inch by removing the cross support and bolting the seats directly to the floor.

Also when I recovered my seats I scooped out about an inch of foam. The inch of foam didn't lower by an inch because it's compressed when you are sitting on it, but at least it dropped between 1/4" and 1/2"

alright. how does he attach the seats? drill his own holes for it? or do u not know
IP: Logged
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2009 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

hahaha DO IT RIGHT NOW

Love the mirrors!

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2009 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Love the mirrors!

awwwww showin me that is going to be more money down the drain going to archie. And yup I love them havent taken it out on the road with them yet because of my brake hose but they did turn out nice. Thanks for letting me use your idea.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2009 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

. Thanks for letting me use your idea.

No problem...and no extra charge for fixing your broken quarter window.

Yes, Archie drills new holes to bolt the seat directly to the floor.
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

When Archie chops a car he does lower the seat by about an inch by removing the cross support and bolting the seats directly to the floor.

Also when I recovered my seats I scooped out about an inch of foam. The inch of foam didn't lower by an inch because it's compressed when you are sitting on it, but at least it dropped between 1/4" and 1/2"

I hope he puts plates under the car so if God forbid you have a crash the seat does not rip out of the floor.

fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post

No more requests??? Looks like I'm going to have to retire my "9 degree rotation command"

Here's something you don't see everyday:

Took an old picture of Mike's (?) Smart Car before it came out, huh?

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Can someone give Tyler a choptop ?

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
If they were, I could not fit inside to drive them without hitting my head on the roof. That would spoil a lot of the fun!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2010 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Can a fella get a chop ?

Isolde

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

If all Fieros were chop tops...

I'd drive a Toyota, 'cause I wouldn't bloody fit in a Fiero.

I wouldn't drive a crapanese car, but I'd have to invent a raised-roof mod for my Fieros.
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
^^ that's why the sunroof is removable
PFF
System Bot
Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadDirect Link to This Post
We would have had glass side windows faster...
TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
If they were all choptops, I wouldn't own one. I can appreciate the hard work archie put into them(or the few homebuilts too). And I can appreciate the money people put into their toys. And I appreciate the fact that these are blank canvases for us to make OUR dream cars. But I think the chops look flat and out of proportion. The stock lines flow better for me. If I did have a chop, it would have to be a widebody and have a hatch. Even then, I'd probably sell it because I hate how obscenely long the noses look on a chopped fiero.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
i think the thread was meant more as a fun photoshop exercise rather than a serious debate, but with that in mind to each their own.

Now back to the photoshops !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-24-2010).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Can a fella get a chop ?

Yeah this thread was meant primarily for photochop fantasies...

if you want to debate the worthiness of chopping a Fiero that's cool too. This is a forum after-all.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2010 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Chop, chop !

plus a better angle for chopping on whodeanies DD.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-31-2010).]

Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2010 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
if all fieros were chop tops....then chop tops would become much more extreme...i'm talking a bubble for your head extreme....

------------------
Cliff's 610th Positive Feedback Giver.

TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2010 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
Ok...I'll bite... I wanna see an indy with the over the roof scoop/scoops chopped.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2010 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Chop, chop !

plus a better angle for chopping on whodeanies DD.

No charge for the smoothing...you know that's how I like them.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 04-01-2010).]

Fiero1K

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1KSend a Private Message to Fiero1KDirect Link to This Post
Dangit whodeanie. You went and built exactly what I had in my head as MY PERFECT car. Down to the paint and the bumper and the sideskirts. Now I have to think of something else.

On topic: if all fieros were chops, I would take out the t-tops suckers.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Chop please.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 06-28-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
Maybe one day I can have a choptop....

------------------

Steve
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8 ~4T6OE
SmoothGT~II

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

bump for the chop.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2010 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Double bump !
GBglide

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 03:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GBglideClick Here to visit GBglide's HomePageSend a Private Message to GBglideDirect Link to This Post
What if all Fiero's were chop tops? I wouldn't fit in... Edit: Aw man, everyone beat me to it.

[This message has been edited by GBglide (edited 07-29-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2011 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

chop, chop !

Archie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2011 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

chop, chop !

LOL LOL LOL LOL, that is sooooo funny.

Tony, you're the man...... I think you're just as crazy about ChopTops as Curley.

Let me tell you why it's so funny.

It was about 5:30 yesterday when we finally got the car outside to take some pictures. If you look in the backround in some of the pics I posted yesterday, you'll see ChopTop #24. It's the car with the 300Z headlights. Chris Lewis (the "T" shirt guy), who owns that car, was there dropping his car off. Next week we're going to work on the hood, nose & headlight install to make the 300Z headlights fit into the body as they should.

Anyway..... Chris was standing right next to me when I took THAT picture. As I was taking it, I said "THIS is the picture everybody will use to Photoshop. This is the picture that people will be wanting to have chopped, try different paint themes on & try different spoilers or wings on."

Chris is on this Forum (I can't remember his SN right now) but when he sees this, he's going to think that I have got it figured out.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 06-25-2011).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2011 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
LOL! I thought they all were over 1/2 of the cars at my shop are or are going to be chop tops

Archie, the non chop wide body looks great as well
D.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2011 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

LOL LOL LOL LOL, that is sooooo funny.

Tony, you're the man...... I think you're just as crazy about ChopTops as Curley.

Archie

It is probably a dead heat,.....but Curly has a loooooooot, (did i mention a lot ?), deeper pockets than me and a much more creative imagination. Hehehe
boomme

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-25-2011 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boommeSend a Private Message to boommeDirect Link to This Post
now This... has to be the ultimate in chop top....

[This message has been edited by boomme (edited 06-25-2011).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2011 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by sjmaye:

Just what is a ballpark on what it would cost to have this done to a Fiero? Start to finish.

I am under 3 grand with everything so far including the rockers and paint plus the cost of buying the car (300 bucks for the car).
I think its more of a thrifty thing, if u can do all your own work and fabrication like I did it, the cost is cut tons.

This is what u get for under 3 grand if u can do your own work and find lots and lots of cheap and free parts like I did. the interior is a diffrent story in itself, I have some money into it but not much.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 06-26-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
If all Fiero’s were chop tops, that means they got naked at some point

Archie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

I am under 3 grand with everything so far including the rockers and paint plus the cost of buying the car (300 bucks for the car).
I think its more of a thrifty thing, if u can do all your own work and fabrication like I did it, the cost is cut tons.

This is what u get for under 3 grand if u can do your own work and find lots and lots of cheap and free parts like I did. the interior is a diffrent story in itself, I have some money into it but not much.

Nice job!

Archie
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Thanks Archie!!!!! I think ill be buying more of your stuff soon!
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

chop, chop !

Charlie64

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Direct Link to This Post
Great....now can we give my car a Corvette yellow or midnight blue paint job?
Charlie64

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Direct Link to This Post
Ok...here's a concept....targa top!

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

how about now with a little color ?

Red87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Red87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Red87FieroGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

how come no one is talking about this chop??? I do not like a lot of chops but a '90 prototype chopped and lowered? never thought about it but i must say that looks amazing.

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2011 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

how about now with a little color ?

Bump for some help.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay