Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Are there any better fitting windows than these?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Are there any better fitting windows than these? by gh0st
Started on: 01-02-2011 06:03 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: JimmyS on 01-02-2011 08:45 PM
gh0st

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gh0stSend a Private Message to gh0stDirect Link to This Post
I got these from the fiero store, and I'm not really pleased with how they fit. My only problems are that they aren't tall enough, so a lot of marks from where the old windows were are visible, and you can see the inside of the B-pillar through the dot matrix. They aren't mounted yet, is it worth the trouble to return them and order them from another website? Are there any replacements that anybody knows doesn't have these problems? Here are some pics:

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Why not mount them high from the top. Nobody is going to kneel down and look up.
Isolde

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeDirect Link to This Post
Looks like the gap is even all the way down the top rear, so it seems you installed it wrong. It's sitting too low.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
What kind of crap is that? FieroStore strikes again with their $hitty products. They are WAY too small. I don't care what anyone says, when I replaced mine, they fit almost perfectly top and bottom. I used the flatter repros from Ken Hines and they fit really well. Your windows should NOT have a gap like that on the top at all. I would return then, get a refund, and get the ones from Modernman on Ebay of Doug's from Fiero Warehouse.

Edit to add....I am getting so tired of Fiero Stores cheap crap reproductions. This is not even funny anymore. Between the rip-off shipping and their plastic parts that are garbage along with their plastic "reproduction" parts that are complete $hit, it is almost easier to repair or modify your damaged part to fit.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 01-02-2011).]

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
This is fiero store for you......Its seems like everyone gets ripped off by someone and yet fiero people just line up to get raped over and over again. ......
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

This is fiero store for you......Its seems like everyone gets ripped off by someone and yet fiero people just line up to get raped over and over again. ......

Well, considering many of us, myself included, have ordered thousands of dollars of items from them over the years, and have NEVER had a problem. I hear people ***** about their shipping prices, but it's very nearly the same if I quote it myself through USPS. Nobody seems to think that TFS should charge handling charges like other companies do. I guess they are supposed to just absorb the cost of shipping material. As far as their products are concerned, yes, some of the items are cheaply made, but always better than NO replacement. I don't care what you guys say, TFS is directly responsible for keeping a good bit of our cars on the road. Just how much have you ordered from TFS yourself to make your judgments?
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Just how much have you ordered from TFS yourself to make your judgments?

$4,800 and EVERY order came with the wrong parts, missing parts, damaged parts, all parts thrown recklessly (including the stainless exhaust tips) in a used, beat up box, or parts that were some cheap $hit replacement that I could have gotten on Ebay for a lot cheaper. I happen to MAKE my own interior parts when needed whether they be aftermarket or stock out of fiberglass or carbon fiber so other than the engine replacement parts, available anywhere, I don't really need the Fiero Store so I have a tendancy to agree with negative comments especially when hard-working people get screwed by their cheap garbage replacement parts.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 01-02-2011).]

pro street dave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pro street daveSend a Private Message to pro street daveDirect Link to This Post
LOOKS TO LOW TO ME.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Well, considering many of us, myself included, have ordered thousands of dollars of items from them over the years, and have NEVER had a problem. I hear people ***** about their shipping prices, but it's very nearly the same if I quote it myself through USPS. Nobody seems to think that TFS should charge handling charges like other companies do. I guess they are supposed to just absorb the cost of shipping material. As far as their products are concerned, yes, some of the items are cheaply made, but always better than NO replacement. I don't care what you guys say, TFS is directly responsible for keeping a good bit of our cars on the road. Just how much have you ordered from TFS yourself to make your judgments?

Yep, I also have not spent over a grand there.......I now buy everything though JEGS or SUMMIT. If I need a part I can not find I will simply rebuild the entire part. It just seems like all the stuff that comes out of there is not made with quality in mind. Granted they do supply a lot of parts you can use other vendors as examples to them. Rodney Dickman. Very good product, reasonably priced and shipping is fast and cheap. Fiero store. Parts are not to pricey, customer service is not terrible and then you pay for "shipping".
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2011 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock