Plug and play Monsoon amp feeler by AADrcw
Started on: 01-01-2011 05:39 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: Boostdreamer on 01-05-2011 10:41 PM
AADrcw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2011 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AADrcwSend a Private Message to AADrcwDirect Link to This Post
I am considering making and selling a plug and play Monsoon amp setup for the Fiero. I have made a few for my personal vehicles and friends and decided to see if there was any people who would be interested in buying one.

The way it works: It is all plug and play. You unplug your radio, plug in your factory plug to the harness, then plug the harness plug into your factory radio. All that is left from there is to hide the amp. Its that simple.

The setup will come with the amp included so you will get the harness and amp.

The amps I use are all monsoon, There are 2 different types, there is a 8 speaker system and a 10 speaker system. The amps are rated at about 500 watt rms. I do want to make it clear that not all channels have to be used. I have used the 8 speaker amp in my Fiero and my S-10 for over a year and I can vouch that the monsoon system sounds purely amazing. I prefer it over a aftermarket system any day. You can use this setup to power any type of aftermarket speaker, you don't have to have the Monsoon speakers.

The amp channels are as follows

Left and right front tweeters
Left and right front midrange
Left and right rear tweeters
Left and right rear subwoofers

The ten speaker system adds to rear midrange speakers to the above list.

You can use this set up with a factory radio, the new Pontiac radios (Grand Am/ Grand Prix) or even a aftermarket radio (I have tested this and it does work exactly as it would with a factory radio)

I won't be able to make tons of these at once if there is a demand for them. I am just looking to do this on the side to be able to make something for the Fiero community.

I have not decided on a price yet, I am going to wait to see if there is going to be a want for this type of setup first.

If you would be interested please let me know. Also what would you feel a good price for this would be?

Thanks for reading, Cody
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2011 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post
I got a Monsoon deck for Christmas and it is SO much better than stock! I have factory speakers still in the car. I'm using the front 4x10's and the headrest speakers.

I'd like to add a sub or use bass blockers on the headrest speakers and change the fronts to speaker plates with 4" round speakers to handle the bass. The unit I got is also supposed to be compatable with an I-Pod but I didn't get the adaptor for that. Everything came from ReplacementRadios.com. Their I-Pod harness was about $100.

Can you make an I-pod adaptor and what do you suggest I do about boosting my bass?

------------------
Jonathan
1987 Notchie - Reborn with 2.8V6/Getrag
I'm not a mechanic but I play one in my garage - me
Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely - Lord Acton
Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not - Thomas Jefferson
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants - Thomas Jefferson

N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2011 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
I'd be interested but I don't have the slightest on helping you with a price. I'm a bit of a car audio newb.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
What do we provide, do you have the amps? How big is the amp? Price? I may be looking soon.

Rob

------------------

88 Coupe, CJB T-TOP, LS376 and a GT clip

FirstDrCar

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirstDrCarSend a Private Message to FirstDrCarDirect Link to This Post
Post price please when you figure that out

Can you post pictures of your setup?

Thanks
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
I'll be re doing the whole system in the spring. i want to do the dual subs behind the seats and was planning on just bringin it someplace but it would be much more pocket friendly to do it myself. More info and priceing would be great!
AADrcw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AADrcwSend a Private Message to AADrcwDirect Link to This Post
Boostdreamer I do not have the items needed to make the ipod adapter right now, I can look into it but I can't promise anything. About boosting your bass, I would suggest doing a component setup. I switched to one in the front of my fiero and it made a world of difference. I had tried using a set of 4'' rounds in the front and I found that the ones I had couldnt handle much bass at all. Those were kenwoods btw. Do you have the performance sound sub?

qwikgta I do provide the amp with the kit. Right now I only have one here but I am planning on trying to get a few this weekend. As for size when I get home from work I can take a measurement of it for you to give you a exact size.

When I get home tonight I will take a few pictures of the one I made for my fiero and post them up. Also I was thinking of the price being somewhere along $70 -$80 at most. Does that sound like a fair price to everyone?
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
I have a Monsoon head unit in my Fiero plugged into an adapter to mate it to my OEM radio harness. There is no external amp and I'm driving 4 channels.
What does this add? Extra channels for separates? Sub?
AADrcw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AADrcwSend a Private Message to AADrcwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

I have a Monsoon head unit in my Fiero plugged into an adapter to mate it to my OEM radio harness. There is no external amp and I'm driving 4 channels.
What does this add? Extra channels for separates? Sub?

It will add the external amp that powers the 4 channels you currently have plus another four. cars that came factory with the monsoon system had a external amp, with that system factory the amp powered all the speakers instead of the head unit.

if you look in my original post I went into detail about what all the channels are for.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AADrcw:

Boostdreamer I do not have the items needed to make the ipod adapter right now, I can look into it but I can't promise anything. About boosting your bass, I would suggest doing a component setup. I switched to one in the front of my fiero and it made a world of difference. I had tried using a set of 4'' rounds in the front and I found that the ones I had couldnt handle much bass at all. Those were kenwoods btw. Do you have the performance sound sub?

I don't have a sub. If I were to put one in, I was thinking of losing the storage compartment between the seats and putting it there. I know there are bass blockers to keep the mid-range and tweeters clean. Is there a similar product to keep the highs out of a designated bass speaker?

Jonathan

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock