Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Is a tuner fiero a good idea? Or am i gunna get beat up by you guys (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
Is a tuner fiero a good idea? Or am i gunna get beat up by you guys by Bboyballistik
Started on: 12-25-2010 10:02 AM
Replies: 183
Last post by: iluvsd619 on 12-31-2010 02:27 AM
Bboyballistik

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-25-2010 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BboyballistikSend a Private Message to BboyballistikDirect Link to This Post
I bought my 87 gt 5spd in september. I had every intention to mod it like a simple f355 without the strecthing and 5g fiberglass panels. But.. As i went along i used sum parts that i thought would look good that wer hangin around in my garage. (Apr wing and tuner muffler). I dont think it looks that bad n i can always take them off.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bboyballistik

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-25-2010 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BboyballistikSend a Private Message to BboyballistikDirect Link to This Post
I plan on wraping the car in matte ferraRi red and carbon fiber.

------------------
Ballistik fieroo

Bboyballistik

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-25-2010 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BboyballistikSend a Private Message to BboyballistikDirect Link to This Post

Bboyballistik

51 posts
Member since Sep 2010

I have come to realize it could be a ferrari Challenge!!!!

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view. ( my friend in the pic)

------------------
Ballistik fieroo

N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
If I saw your car driving around with that wing I'd be inclined to put it down like Old Yeller with a shotgun because it looks rabid. Please take that gaudy POS off of it. -.-
Fosgatecavy98

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post
That style wing is OK in my book, but that thing is HUGGGEEEE
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
if you car beats them and they still want to beat on you.....well thats just bad sportsmanship.

see i have my own "Ferrari Challenge".

with mine looking much like a Ferrari 308, there tends to be a little more ambition to increase the HP to match the looks.

with the stock 2.8. and being a Mera, i tend to want to keep it that way. sucks. i want to blow doors off. trailer cars at the track all day. but then i crash this rare car......then what?

i say do what you want.......NO FEAR! just make it a monster and they will have to respect......

Daniel
Mera X
RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroDirect Link to This Post
The wing is a little troublesome, and takes away from the rest of the car. I mean everyone is going to be looking at the wing, and it looks so out of place on the car. I think you'll discover that just slapping aftermarket parts on a car, even though it may at first look good, only makes it look worse. There is beauty in keeping the looks simple. The Fiero, in todays cookie cutter cars, looks great and very unique, and you have a nice looking Fiero (minus the wing).
Bboyballistik

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-25-2010 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BboyballistikSend a Private Message to BboyballistikDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

If I saw your car driving around with that wing I'd be inclined to put it down like Old Yeller with a shotgun because it looks rabid. Please take that gaudy POS off of it. -.-

Wow thats pretty rude concdering its a track car.

I like it cause its different. . Never liked em before. But i colud use extra down force.

And i believe everybody is entitled to ther opinion..i expected poor criticism.. But i can just see a lack of very poor parenting lol

------------------
Ballistik fieroo

Bboyballistik

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-25-2010 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BboyballistikSend a Private Message to BboyballistikDirect Link to This Post

Bboyballistik

51 posts
Member since Sep 2010

Originally posted by RotrexFiero:

The wing is a little troublesome, and takes away from the rest of the car. I mean everyone is going to be looking at the wing, and it looks so out of place on the car. I think you'll discover that just slapping aftermarket parts on a car, even though it may at first look good, only makes it look worse. There is beauty in keeping the looks simple. The Fiero, in todays cookie cutter cars, looks great and very unique, and you have a nice looking Fiero (minus the wing).

Thanks for the honesty, i concidered taking it off before paint anyways but i wanted to see what eveybody thought first-hand

------------------
Ballistik fieroo

AL87

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Direct Link to This Post
LMMFAO!

that wing is huge!!!
well at least for the placement... unlike the haters, I'm looking at the possibilities...

86FieroSEv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86FieroSEv6Send a Private Message to 86FieroSEv6Direct Link to This Post
I don't have a problem with the wing so much, but that soup can stereo has got to go.
PFF
System Bot
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
It's your car! Make it the way you want it. There are alot of people that want everyone to have the same taste as them. I don't really care for the wing or the fart can, but it is not my car. If you like it, and want to stand out, go for it. Just take the ribbing, and move on. It's still a nice car, and another fiero is still on the road.

------------------
88 GT "The Stray" 4.9L
86 GT 2.8L 4 speed
07 Solstice GXP 2.0L turbo
08 GMC Sierra 3500 Duramax Dually.
05 Tahoe on 20's (Kid hauler)

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
i'm sure i could fly a plane no problem.
Bboyballistik

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-25-2010 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BboyballistikSend a Private Message to BboyballistikDirect Link to This Post
Im having the car dyno'd soon. With the cam chip nos 150 shot n cold air i hope for over 300hp

Im not stupid.. Running nitrous is hazzardous to the engine..dont waiste your precious time telling me.
I wanna swap a 3.8 sc next winter anyways

------------------
Ballistik fieroo

katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Sorry but your Fiero will never go fast enough for that wing to make a difference!
Bboyballistik

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-25-2010 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BboyballistikSend a Private Message to BboyballistikDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carver1:

It's your car! Make it the way you want it. There are alot of people that want everyone to have the same taste as them. I don't really care for the wing or the fart can, but it is not my car. If you like it, and want to stand out, go for it. Just take the ribbing, and move on. It's still a nice car, and another fiero is still on the road.

I appreciate it. Not everyone wants a car that looks stock.

------------------
Ballistik fieroo

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
Just don't do this:

From the side, your car looks great. It has the right stance and once you put quarter windows on, it will really clean up the side view. A lot of members run the 355 front end and it works well but the wing is a little too large for the car. By large, I mean the physical wing caps look gigantic which makes it not fit the lines of the car. Getting an opinion on the wing from this forum is a BAD thing since 90% will probably insult it and call it "rice" but it is your car and you do whatever you like. Hell, half the people on here get into arguments about whether the STOCK wing looks good or not. To give you an example of how biased about wings this forum is, here is a picture of a perfect car. He spent a lot of money on this carbon fiber wing which is similar to the smaller F-1 cars and look at the comments:

Here is the thread:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/083106.html

The only question I have is about the exhaust. I have never asked anyone with an import car about this. Why do all of the tuners have the exhaust at an angle whether it be Honda, Toyota or even the Subaru STI? You should be able to go straight in towards the front of the car to keep it parallel. I don't see the purpose, other than showing off the side of the muffler, for the angle.
zx9rc2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zx9rc2Send a Private Message to zx9rc2Direct Link to This Post
its your car if you like it thats all that matters don't forget how many so called "stupid ideas" have made people millions
Bboyballistik

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-25-2010 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BboyballistikSend a Private Message to BboyballistikDirect Link to This Post
No wonder i never see cars like this on here. Some of u people are soo concervative with you fieros that you disreguard any changes or ideas from a newer generation. But i like being over the top and having a fiero that stands out of the crowd.. Instead of trying to impress you peolpe.

This build ls for ME not YOU.

I dont want to sound mean but thanks everyone for pos and negitive feedbak

------------------
Ballistik fieroo

Bboyballistik

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-25-2010 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BboyballistikSend a Private Message to BboyballistikDirect Link to This Post

Bboyballistik

51 posts
Member since Sep 2010
Thanks imsa gt

I took off the exhaust to save a lil weight .. N its crooked cause the trunks in the way.. Only reason. Im gunna change it tho. I hate the sound!

It wasl literally sitting in my garage brand neww. N i was curious. End of story

------------------
Ballistik fieroo

iced_theater

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iced_theaterSend a Private Message to iced_theaterDirect Link to This Post
The only thing I don't care for is the wing, as was already mentioned it is physically way too large for the car. A smaller version of the wing would look fine. I'm not sure the point of the angled exhaust but it doesn't bother me.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
I personally think your car looks very nice - except the wing and can on the back. But I applaud you for making YOUR car into what YOU want it to be. Congratulations for not conforming to what everyone else wants. katatak is correct on the wing, the the 2.8 would only need a wing for downforce if there was a turbine behind it. And I'm not talking a Garrett, I'm talking Pratt and Whitney.
PFF
System Bot
Fosgatecavy98

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bboyballistik:

Im having the car dyno'd soon. With the cam chip nos 150 shot n cold air i hope for over 300hp

Im not stupid.. Running nitrous is hazzardous to the engine..dont waiste your precious time telling me.
I wanna swap a 3.8 sc next winter anyways

You will probably hit 200.... about 3 times then hit zero until you get a new motor.
rynelson85

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rynelson85Send a Private Message to rynelson85Direct Link to This Post
Looks ricey. And slow. If I saw it driving I would laugh profusely. You won't get anywhere near 300 hp btw.
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleDirect Link to This Post
For the wing placement, you can remind the naysayers that it will work better when mounted high in clean air.
weaselbeak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakDirect Link to This Post
The wing is for the ski ropes.......?
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post12-25-2010 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rynelson85:

Looks ricey. And slow. If I saw it driving I would laugh profusely. You won't get anywhere near 300 hp btw.

At least, not more than once if that much NOS is getting sprayed onto a 2.8.
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
loose the wing...i like the aluminum look but that is just too big.

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
I do think the wing would have even more effect if you put it on your riding lawnmower instead.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post12-25-2010 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post
Are you trying to do tuner, or ricer? There is a difference. Tuners actually tune things, and ricers just make tacky changes like the giant wings and awful resonator can tips.

There are lots of "tuner" Fieros on this forum, but not that many ricey ones.
Bboyballistik

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-25-2010 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BboyballistikSend a Private Message to BboyballistikDirect Link to This Post
I didnt expext people to be such asses on this forum.. Even tho im new ive read many threads n didnt think people talked soo much bull. Figures. Ther r some decent people on here and for that i say thanks

------------------
Ballistik fieroo

La fiera

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraDirect Link to This Post
Real car enthusiast respect whatever PERSONAL changes you make to own car. You asked for THEIR opinion and you get THEIR opinion on what would look good on YOUR car. It would be the same thing as if I ask somebody's opinion on what kind of wife should I get? Who's looking for a wife? Who is getting married? Who is going to deal with that woman? The answer is obvious. So, why should I let someone else make those decisions for me?
Use their input wisely and since it is your car, you have make the decision on what goes on your car. Don't let anybody tell you different because you want to be unique and that is why you have a Fiero; it is just different. Personally I like the wing but not the muffler, but tht is me. If you decide to keep the muffler I respect your decision!

Keep it up!
PFF
System Bot
Bboyballistik

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-25-2010 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BboyballistikSend a Private Message to BboyballistikDirect Link to This Post
I didnt expext people to be such asses on this forum.. Even tho im new ive read many threads n didnt think people talked soo much bull. Figures. Ther r some decent people on here and for that i say thanks

------------------
Ballistik fieroo

Bboyballistik

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-25-2010 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BboyballistikSend a Private Message to BboyballistikDirect Link to This Post

Bboyballistik

51 posts
Member since Sep 2010

Originally posted by La fiera:

Real car enthusiast respect whatever PERSONAL changes you make to own car. You asked for THEIR opinion and you get THEIR opinion on what would look good on YOUR car. It would be the same thing as if I ask somebody's opinion on what kind of wife should I get? Who's looking for a wife? Who is getting married? Who is going to deal with that woman? The answer is obvious. So, why should I let someone else make those decisions for me?
Use their input wisely and since it is your car, you have make the decision on what goes on your car. Don't let anybody tell you different because you want to be unique and that is why you have a Fiero; it is just different. Personally I like the wing but not the muffler, but tht is me. If you decide to keep the muffler I respect your decision!

Keep it up!

Thanks bro i needed that.. N most people dint read.. These arent permanent. I like the wing n hate the muffler lol

------------------
Ballistik fieroo

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Do you think you could come by my house? I need the wife to iron my uniform for Monday! Seriously, the atractiveness is always in the eye of the beholder. If you like it then screw what we think of it. Its not my cup of tea.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopDirect Link to This Post
Do what you want with your car, I really like the wheels.

I'm curiousness to see what the 2.8 does with nitrous on a dyno. Your thread has some value, keep posting.

The spoiler looks like crap, its too big and can't do anything other than be a eye sore for most people. I also hate that front bumper, the style isn't bad but it looks a little long and droopy, other 355 bumpers look much better.

The car belongs to you, as long as you like it. It doesn't matter how many people hate it when you post it on a forum full of older people who hate seeing a park bench bolted onto the decklid of a fiero.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
The wing and rice bomb muffler have to go... Trust me I'm all about Skylines, Supras, Evos, STis, 300Zxs, 240SXs and the rest... Give me the rally wings and angled JDM exhausts, but on a Fiero? Looks way out of place brother. Its one thing to try that on a Cobalt or SRT4, but on a Fiero?

A Fiero is not a tuner car.

[This message has been edited by nitroheadz28 (edited 12-25-2010).]

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
The wiong and the exaust need to go. also so does the ferrari logo.

The onyl time these cars look right with the 355 bumper (in my opinion) is with suttel body mods.

This is my car with the 355 front.. im a little over suttle but i think it look good

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 12-25-2010).]

dmcgreene

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dmcgreeneSend a Private Message to dmcgreeneDirect Link to This Post
i honestly do like the car, especially the wheels, and tail lights, to me the spoiler aint that bad, just a lil too large lol
PerKr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PerKrClick Here to visit PerKr's HomePageSend a Private Message to PerKrDirect Link to This Post
any aerodynamic mod that actually works is fine by me. Please make a high-speed test to see whether or not that wing actually works and I'm not being sarcastic or anything, I'm honestly curious. Just don't put ferrari stickers on it, only posers do that.

I've seen worse cars get more respect on this forum.
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
It's your car, and if you're happy, that's all that matters. The world would be a boring place if we all did everything the same way.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock