If you like the 10k Formula in the auction, you'll love this by cypres
Started on: 12-24-2010 12:38 AM
Replies: 21
Last post by: ALJR on 12-28-2010 10:55 AM
cypres

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-24-2010 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cypresSend a Private Message to cypresDirect Link to This Post
Browsing ebay I found this "Time Capsule." Its a great looking car but not worth all that. There is a nice red gt on there also for 10k. Wish I had that kind of fiero funds to work with. I think the girlfriend would leave me though

Enjoy
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2010 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
No Linky Dinky!
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2010 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
Are you talking about this white TTOP 88 GT w/ 5,700 miles on it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...tZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

EDIT: Is this totally stock for an 88GT with Lumbar support? I had always thought the button was on the side or something...

Thought this was funny too... big GM SECURITY keypad:

------------------
Todd,
2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4x2
2002 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr 4x2
2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX
1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6
1973 Volkswagen Type-2 Transporter

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 12-24-2010).]

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2010 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Yep, that's a stock lumbar seat. I always wondered how well it actually worked, like if it did any good or not.
Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2010 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

Yep, that's a stock lumbar seat. I always wondered how well it actually worked, like if it did any good or not.

Actually they work quite well. Much better then most other GM cars that had them. Just be careful to to inflate too much. The bladder will pop.
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2010 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
The lumbar works great and makes a long road trip even better
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2010 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieroseverywhere:

Actually they work quite well. Much better then most other GM cars that had them. Just be careful to to inflate too much. The bladder will pop.

Quick question, was it offered in all models (coupe, formula, and GT) of 88?

And about that GT, wow, that is one rare GT. T-tops, lumbar, and beechwood.
RULOOKIN

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2010 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
I always wanted a 88 white GT with beachwood leather not even sure if it was offered that way, i have seen a few with the grey or tan cloth like this one but did they ever do 88GT TTOP with tan leather ...
very sharp car
Joe 1320

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2010 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe 1320Click Here to visit Joe 1320's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe 1320Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieroseverywhere:

But the location of the switch panel sucked. If you weren't really skinny, the back/side of your thigh would be up against the switch and believe me, if you spent lots of time in the seat it gets uncomfortable. I still have what feels like a dent in my thigh and haven't had that one in 14 years.

RickN

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2010 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RickNSend a Private Message to RickNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

My '88GT came from the factory with them. I don't like where the control is. I can feel it under my leg all the time.

------------------
RickN
White 88GT 5spd (<10K miles)
White 85GT (SC3800 Series II w/ AOD)
White 99 F250SD 7.3PSD 6spd
1956 Ford 860 Tractor w/ Freeman Loader
20Ft H&H Tilt Bed Trailer

CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2010 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RULOOKIN:

I always wanted a 88 white GT with beachwood leather not even sure if it was offered that way, i have seen a few with the grey or tan cloth like this one but did they ever do 88GT TTOP with tan leather ...
very sharp car

I almost bought one that was that exact combination back in 1995. White GT, beechwood leather, T-Tops, 5 speed, fully loaded. Decided against it because of evidence of a severe accident that the owner seemed to know nothing about (one owner car).
PFF
System Bot
Daniel H

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 04:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HDirect Link to This Post
What the front/rear suspension is on it?
Never seen this like before.
jasonfox

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-25-2010 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jasonfoxSend a Private Message to jasonfoxDirect Link to This Post
People are retarded.

Just retarded.

Don't they realize the market value of a fiero is nowhere near that even in mint condition?

GT86FASTBACK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86FASTBACKSend a Private Message to GT86FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful car. Total ripoff on the price though...
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daniel H:

What the front/rear suspension is on it?
Never seen this like before.

???? Its a 88 Fiero.
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2010 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Direct Link to This Post
tires, 22 trs old. when did thay stop making +4 ?. my car is that clean.
cypres

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-26-2010 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cypresSend a Private Message to cypresDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for forgetting the link. But yes that was the one. There are several on ebay right now with high price tags. Max nada value for a mint fiero is under 4k.

Not sure these sellers realize the state of our economy.

Cyp
GT-X

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2010 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-XSend a Private Message to GT-XDirect Link to This Post
Power lumbar was only available on '88 GT's and it was ONLY available with cloth seats. Power lumber with leather was NOT available from the factory. I'm not saying you didn't see it, but if you did, it was done at a later date. Also, it was only a drivers side option, it never came on the passenger side.

~Tyler
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2010 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyDirect Link to This Post
wow $20,000 for a Fiero? Thats just.... crazy.. It does look really sweet though, but its an auto, so id have no interest in it. I kinda hope our Fiero's dont ever rise that high in value (i seriously doubt they ever will) cause then alot of us wont be able to afford to work on them anymore, lol..
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2010 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Direct Link to This Post
Well, realistically guys...if someone wants to pay 20,000$ for a low milage 88GT that is in outstanding condition, it maybe worth it. I know it sounds stupid, but for that 1 person that wants something totally original, never fooled around with or abused, that's what some are looking for.

Some folks have that much money into their fieros today. Its not unusual to find a real true collector looking for the ultimate original car with low, low milage. There will be some parts to change, but they have a 20+ year old sports car that GM only built under 7000 units. That's really not much GTs out on the road for how many there's actually left.

Please understand that this is for a real mint 88GT with under 10,000 miles.

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. All original.

RhinoDj

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2010 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RhinoDjSend a Private Message to RhinoDjDirect Link to This Post
If you think thats insane, look on Autotrader.com. Some dealer in Texas has a Fiero GT listed there that has never been sold and is still in dealer inventory. Its got 261 miles on it. They have it listed for $40k! I laugh every time I see it when I am searching for cars near me....
PFF
System Bot
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2010 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RickN:

My '88GT came from the factory with them. I don't like where the control is. I can feel it under my leg all the time.

I was just about to say the same thing!

The lumbar works great, but the location of the switches is horrible. I am not a big guy and my thy rests on the edge; not painful, but defiantly annoying...

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock