Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Anyone have a WINK mirror in their Fiero?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Anyone have a WINK mirror in their Fiero? by fourpoint9
Started on: 12-23-2010 04:12 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: DIY_Stu on 12-25-2010 12:44 AM
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2010 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post
I have a Wink Mirror that I used in a car in the late 80s and now I see that they are back in style.

There's a local club of tuners that like 'em. They cover the backside with stickers.
Here's an example :|

Anyone have a WINK mirror in their Fiero?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero-in-Paradise

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2010 04:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-in-ParadiseSend a Private Message to Fiero-in-ParadiseDirect Link to This Post
For both my Mera and Fiero, I have the clip-on RAZO brand convex mirrors. They are great, especially with the Mera. I use the 10.6" wide model, available almost anywhere...e-bay, amazon, some performance shops, etc. Just google it. They are fantastic for those blind spots. I put the larger models on our SUVs. I had a friend borrow my SUV when his car was in the shop, and he liked it so much he bought them for all of his cars too.

I contemplated on using the Wink with the Mera, but then I would lose functionality of my sunvisors (or possibly even have to remove them). And the mirrors on the Wink are just plain mirrors, not tinted or anything. Okay for daytime driving, but at night, one will probably have 3-4 lanes worth of headlights shooting right back at you. With the clip-on RAZO, at least you can easily pull on the mirror button to cut the glare. And the best part of the RAZO...takes about a full 10 seconds to install.

Happy holidays!

[This message has been edited by Fiero-in-Paradise (edited 12-24-2010).]

ManMadeChickens

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2010 04:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ManMadeChickensSend a Private Message to ManMadeChickensDirect Link to This Post
Have one in my AE86 Toyota and absolutely love it. I ordered another 5-panel one to fit inside my ChumpCar race car, but it didn't quite fit within the bounds of the rollcage, so it's just sitting around.
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2010 04:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
just a fyi from where I see it

that 'thing' wasn't, nor ever will be, "in style"

just my opinion.

oh and with the stickers all over it, 2x
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2010 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

just my opinion.

FYI

It was the shot on the eighties. The only drawback was that the mirror transmitted vibration like crazy. You can run and tell that, homeboy!

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 12-24-2010).]

Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2010 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post

Daredevil05

2345 posts
Member since Oct 2006

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

just my opinion.

FYI

It was the shot on the eighties. The only drawback was that the mirror transmitted vibration like crazy. You can run and tell that, homeboy!

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2010 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
I'd be worried my head would burst into flames if some jacked up F150 was tailgating me with his high beams on
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2010 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
The mirrors are for those people with no peripheral vision.....
They also work great in golf carts.
TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2010 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
They seem popular among the Honda Civic crowd(I had to google what they were, and a million Civic forums popped up). I don't track my car(it is a pile) and I drive at night 5 days a week, so it wouldn't work for me. Plus, since I am only 22, my neck still swivels.

I also remember the school bus had one when I was a kid.

edit~spelling

[This message has been edited by TommyRocker (edited 12-24-2010).]

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2010 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post
I agree, in the 80's and early 90's they were all the rage especially in lowered mini-trucks.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 12-24-2010).]

ccfiero350

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2010 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ccfiero350Send a Private Message to ccfiero350Direct Link to This Post
I installed one in my truck when I first moved to Houston, huge improvement on I-10 traffic.

------------------
yellow 88 GT, not stock
white 88 notchie, 4 banger

PFF
System Bot
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2010 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
I'm still confused as to what they're suppose to do lol...
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2010 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Direct Link to This Post
I rocked one of those in my race car. I have only seen those in race cars because you can't move your head when you are strapped down.
dratts

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2010 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post
I had one in my fastback mustang back in the 60's, It took care of the blind spot and you always knew who was behind you or beside you, I never heard anyone say it was stylish,
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
They remove any and all blind spots. You can almost see down the sides of the car with it. They also keep you facing front and keeps you from looking down and left up right then far right and down just to see around the rear of the car. Look up left slide right then back to the road for full awareness.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock