Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  ummmmm... a Fiero on Top Gear Thread? (VIDEO)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

ummmmm... a Fiero on Top Gear Thread? (VIDEO) by 1988holleyformula
Started on: 12-20-2010 02:37 AM
Replies: 18
Last post by: PerKr on 12-20-2010 05:52 PM
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2010 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
I tried to get all the clips from the show into one clip. Enjoy!

------------------

-Aaron

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
I could have been an 85 SE V6.. never know
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2010 04:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
What made them think it would start underwater? Do these guys know anything about cars or were they out of work mouseketeers?
sricka01

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2010 05:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

What made them think it would start underwater? Do these guys know anything about cars or were they out of work mouseketeers?

Exactly my thought too. They thought pushing it would make it run when the ECM is under water??! That just tells me they have no clue how engine mgmt works. The whole skit was unnecessary especially the 10 soda cup contest - it proved NOTHING!
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2010 06:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
Well.... at least Foust was driving it. But man oh man... I don't know what to say.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2010 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
He didn't use the built-in cup holders.
Cinematography is amateurish compared to the real Top Gear.
With that said, in before shutdown.

FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2010 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post
That was fun to watch! Thanks!
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2010 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sricka01:

Exactly my thought too. They thought pushing it would make it run when the ECM is under water??! That just tells me they have no clue how engine mgmt works. The whole skit was unnecessary especially the 10 soda cup contest - it proved NOTHING!

The water stunt was assinine. The cup holder reminded me of the cup scene from "How I met Your Mother"
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2010 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Except for the 0-60 speed test, there was nothing else to demonstrate any cars roadworthyness. The hosts are infantile at their best.
bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2010 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Direct Link to This Post
So, that's entertainment? What a waste of decent cars. I guess I just don't get it.
Boominator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2010 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoominatorSend a Private Message to BoominatorDirect Link to This Post
A bad way to destroy a nice car...
Spaxspore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2010 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpaxsporeSend a Private Message to SpaxsporeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sricka01:

So true... thats what i was yelling at the screen. The ecm is in the console!!!! Of course its not going to start... After that i turned it off.
PFF
System Bot
ltlfrari

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2010 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
Lame.....

Thanks for posting, saved me from wasting an hour of my life watching that pathetic excuse for a show.
The sooner that show gets canceled, the better. Santa, you listenin?

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

FieroMontreal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2010 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post
How did the other cars do with the water test? did they all run?
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2010 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Yes the others ran fine, ECMs are under the hood. I agree it does show how stupid this group and show are. I also agree they NEVER show anything that really pertains to the cars their testing in almost all their tests. There not even as funny as Laurel and Hardy or the 3 stooges. Best car test show ever was on PBS. You can also learn a LOT from watching Barret-Jackson.
TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2010 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Yes the others ran fine, ECMs are under the hood. I agree it does show how stupid this group and show are. I also agree they NEVER show anything that really pertains to the cars their testing in almost all their tests.

Oh, come now... Why would three guys with no personal Fiero experience know that the Fiero ECM is in the wrong place?

The water test was stupid, but over all the episode treated the Fiero quite well. It looked good, it got high praise from a VERY good driver with many championships and records to his name, it was reliable, etc.
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2010 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
Does anybody have any idea what they are going to do with the poor water-logged Fiero? Pretty sure someone on here sold it to them, any chance of getting it back? The least they could do is give it back to the community to help keep other Fieros road-worthy.
Fiero1K

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2010 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1KSend a Private Message to Fiero1KDirect Link to This Post
I looked at a chart somewhere, and every Fiero DID have some kind of recall, in Tanner's defense. As time went on the recalls got really minor though, but there still were some [all of the above is a vague memory, don't hold me to it]. Tanner wasn't a douche about the car and he's the only one who knows what he's talking about, since he races. It was positive overall, I think. Sad to see it "die," but it's not like they blew it up or crushed it or anything. Hell, I could save it, they should give it to me
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2010 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
IDIOTS!
PerKr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2010 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PerKrClick Here to visit PerKr's HomePageSend a Private Message to PerKrDirect Link to This Post
why on earth didn't they take them to a handling course? a lap around a proper track would have been nice and they could have made a lot of fun of the two-tonners. Then again, it's an american show, so of course they wouldn't do that (too many muscle-car lovers around who never considered cornering to be an important aspect of driving).

but yeah, filling cars with water was fun. the first time they did it. in the uk. to show some sort of difference in quality if memory serves me right. this was just stupid and lame.

I did love the e-brake incident though. almost like that little car was aiming for that large green object with wheels

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock