Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Does anyone at all get on rft.com??? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Does anyone at all get on rft.com??? by cypres
Started on: 12-16-2010 09:36 PM
Replies: 49
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 12-18-2010 03:25 PM
cypres

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-16-2010 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cypresSend a Private Message to cypresDirect Link to This Post
Small rant. Harmless I swear...

I have signed up twice now for an account and have gotten the Welcome to "Real Fiero Tech" automated email but my account "needs to be approved by an administrator before I can log in." I am still waiting on those follow up emails. I was hoping to start posting over there mainly because that's where a lot of DOHC action takes place. Shaun did get back to me instantly on a "turbo kit" he had for sale.... maybe I should offer a few bucks to be a member. Maybe then they would want me.... sigh. If someone is in contact with the admin over there can you please mention this issue to them.

Thanks,

Cypres
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2010 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
You may have to bother one of the section moderators. For some reason, the Administrator does not seem to return emails or activate accounts. I had the same issue a couple years ago.
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2010 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
Maybe Cliff could hook you up. Have you tried to PM him with your request? Here's a link

https://www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin...uddy+Shaun+at+RFT+k?

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 12-16-2010).]

Scottzilla79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2010 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
I tried too and that was months ago, after scanning the site a bit I decided it wasn't worth it, seems every thread there is a pissing match.
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2010 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

Maybe Cliff could hook you up. Have you tried to PM him with your request? Here's a link

Thanks, that just made my night. +
I was on there a few years ago, and it seemed as if they had got me mixed up with some kid on here that installed a spoiler on the roof of his car haha. I never understood until I saw the picture of a white 84 se (my 84 is black) with no less then a black spoiler on the roof. Lots of good information, but such a pita to fische through all the bullshit.

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 12-16-2010).]

L67

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 219
User Banned

Report this Post12-16-2010 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post
I recently put in a request to Howard to let one of our more recent members get the account activation he needed. Howard got back to me about a day and activated the account. I'm pretty sure they're selectively activating accounts these days to keep quality control up. Also, the server's been down for two days, for what would appear to be routine maintenance to the server. If you haven't emailed Howard I suggest you do that first thing. I know there's a lot of intake theory math in the limited access forums still, possibly they copied some to the main tech forum.
L67

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-16-2010 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post

L67

1792 posts
Member since Jun 2010

I wonder how many people will open that link and accidentally click send out of habit.
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
You have to be a troll to get approved or be a person they want to troll it seems imho...gl though.
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleDirect Link to This Post
Funny, I'm not a troll, but I got approved...
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post

epic...just epic sir...+ from me for that.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
I tired but go no where.
PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 04:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cypres:

I have signed up twice now for an account and have gotten the Welcome to "Real Fiero Tech" automated email but my account "needs to be approved by an administrator before I can log in." I am still waiting on those follow up emails. I was hoping to start posting over there mainly because that's where a lot of DOHC action takes place. Shaun did get back to me instantly on a "turbo kit" he had for sale.... maybe I should offer a few bucks to be a member. Maybe then they would want me.... sigh. If someone is in contact with the admin over there can you please mention this issue to them.

If you want, I can ban you here - that would probably get your account automatically activated there and your member status elevated to "honorary". And extra kudos if you tell them you sent me an email telling me I was a frickin' arsewipe.
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

If you want, I can ban you here - that would probably get your account automatically activated there and your member status elevated to "honorary". And extra kudos if you tell them you sent me an email telling me I was a frickin' arsewipe.

You just made me spit coffee through my nose... :eek
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
It is so funny you guys bring up this subject. I had been trying to get on that forum for awhile now. I applied, received the automated e-mail and waited awhile. No response, tried it again and still no response. I even emailed one of the moderators and still no response. Then I tried to email another mod and got a response finally and explained my interest in joining the forum and he told me he could not approve and to email someone else which I did not have the addy for and they could do it. SO I emailed back with my address and asked him to send it to the other fellow that could approve and he never got back to me. I am still not able to post but I gotta agree with the other posters here who said that most of the posts turn into a pissing match or more likely a bash the guy over on Pennocks forum match. After reading thru there a bit I am not really interested in joining there anymore. I really only wanted to get on there to talk to L67 and a couple others on here who are into the 3800 turbo builds. Since I had to sell the damn motor now because I am out of work due to surgery and illness it does not matter anymore I guess. Pity because it could have been another great forum resource for the fiero community.... peace

Pete

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 199
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
I have an account on there. I think it was approved instantly... but it was a couple of years ago that I did it. I didn't really know what RFT was, or the story behind it. I joined becuase there was some specific information I wanted to post a reply to on a thread that had already been started. I've only been back there a couple of times.

------------------
Todd,
2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4x2
2002 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr 4x2
2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX
1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6
1973 Volkswagen Type-2 Transporter

carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
They let me on... it did take a while...
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

Now THAT'S funny! Well played sir.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-17-2010 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
I like to go there to watch Jerry Springer. No reason to sign up for a service plan, when the readings are free.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

I haven't checked my membership in a while to see if it's still active. But then again I haven't stuck my head in a toilet bowl lately either.
L67

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-17-2010 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:
Since I had to sell the damn motor now because I am out of work due to surgery and illness it does not matter anymore I guess.

BS. Things will get better.
I could have gotten you in, I didn't know you were trying.
You're sick now?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
RFT is not a place you wana be brotha.. besides for losers VS world over there its a relitivley slow and uninformitave forum site. Stay here

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 12-17-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post
Tell them you have a V-8...........That will get you special treatment.
I have my own personal avatar with text that I can't change...... I went there to debate with Shaun on our different opinions, but Shaun OR SOMEONE likes to edit your post, change links to other places, and whatever else they want to your post....... This is just my opinion of my RFT experience..........and I will admit I never joined RFT to make friends or share knowledge
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
There actually isn't a whole lot of good tech info over there. Yes, there are a few tidbits for 3.4 TDC and Northstar fans, but that's about it.

Half the traffic on that site is in the "Shaun hates the world" section of the forum (i.e. Shaun blathering about some stupid crap he did on the internet). The tech section may get 2-3 posts per week. And the motorsports section may get 2-3 posts per month.

I'll be honest; I only go there to laugh at Shaun. Take that as you will.
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Have also tried to get in, go the usual BS, but still waiting on an approval... This was 2 months ago..... Heck, the only reason I wanna even go there is to talk to a person who was banned here....

Won't go into any details as to who I am talkin bout, he was always cool with me!

Aireek......

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
I know you're right, things will get better. I am on the mend but I am having some pains the doctor in the ER said looks to be a small hernia issue. It is no fun and I am kinda worried about it but other than that my lungs are feeling much better and I can breathe fine. They said it would take two to three months for me to start feeling like myself and it has only been like a month and a half so far so I am just perhaps feeling sorry for myself. I did have to sell that motor for some cash and I had to sell off one of my homebuillt Air rifles that took me over a year to make but we are starting to get back to shape. I am feeling good enough to get out into my shop to do some work occasionally and as long as I warm it up out there I can work for a few hours before I get tired. I have all sorts of ideas for CNC projects but some days I cannot bring myself to get up off the couch because I am feeling weak. I am bidding some cabinet work right now tho that will start at the new year so I need to get my strength back soon. I really cannot tell you how much I appreciate the Hearts of Space DVD's, they are just awesome. I am still listening to the first two.... I tried to sync them to my computer and got one on there but there is just so much information on these that to load it all would be impractical. I may just listen thru it and load my favorites. Love this music and again thanks.... peace

Pete

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

RFT-Were misfits are king and Independence is a farce.

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-17-2010).]

L67

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-17-2010 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:
I am still listening to the first two....

603- Swizzle is going right now. Pretty funky stuff. I'm having a hard time with 15Hz-22Hz frequency distortion, even with an OP amp - so I can't thump like I want it too. >:\

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:
HI all
Aireek......

pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:
Half the traffic on that site is in the "Shaun hates the world" section of the forum (i.e. Shaun blathering about some stupid crap he did on the internet). The tech section may get 2-3 posts per week. And the motorsports section may get 2-3 posts per month.

Not much quantity, but they're more interesting posts, such as the discussion of using different types of FWD GM knuckles and hubs in 84-87 rear suspension.

Different than a page full of clutch bleeding woes and rear brake pad adjustment.

Originally posted by DL10:

I have my own personal avatar with text that I can't change...... I went there to debate with Shaun on our different opinions, but Shaun OR SOMEONE likes to edit your post, change links to other places, and whatever else they want to your post....... This is just my opinion of my RFT experience..........and I will admit I never joined RFT to make friends or share knowledge

Will has a V8, and he's treated just fine.

[This message has been edited by pmbrunelle (edited 12-17-2010).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

NOW THAT IS KNEE SLAPPIN FUNNY bit my tongue !!!!

pmbrunelle ---- ok but not to sure he's treated just fine !!! Anyway my Quebec friend IMO RFT is the ultimate kraphole. Went on there by mistake when I was a newb got totally krapped on by $hithead lowlux and his AIDs partner Shaun ... these two put together dont even total up a kindergarten education. Two F*n clowns and their combined IQs will will never reach higher than 11 but thats OK what can you expect from jurk$tains.... next time I sign up there will probably be when I die ...that way I can torment them to he11. one finger salut to the these two morons.. hope one day cross their paths...
Danyel

Coin # 3011

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 12-17-2010).]

L67

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-17-2010 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post
You do understand that Lowlux was a member here before he was a member of RFT? You also understand he was banned from here and RFT?
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

A note to add to that statement, you may not want to mention in ANY way that Archie had anything to do with the V8 install though LOL

Personal opinion.... stay away, stay far far and away fro RFT
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
L67 ....... and ??? does that make him better ?

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 12-17-2010).]

L67

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-18-2010 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post
You were saying you avoided the forum because of Shaun and Lowlux. Shaun is extremely easy to handle, and Lowlux isn't there. Even though there is a sub-form dedicated specifically to drama (much like O/T is here), the rest of the forum is extremely tidy, and even Lowlux's drama wasn't tolerated in RFT vs The World. I agree that it's not a place for people with thin skin, but there's a different kind of tech there that isn't offered here - but not all of it is available to normal users anyway. I wasn't trying to defend Shaun in the least, he's annoying.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2010 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
A few things....first off, I believe Shaun has toned down quite a bit regarding Archie. Before, he would post threads daily and now he comments on his own older threads rather than start new ones. As a matter of fact, I thought he disappeared for a while. I don't know if he was warned by the Admin to mellow out a little.

Second, the forum's "RFT vs The World" section was wiped clean and all threads deleted, if I remember, in April as an "April Fools" joke. However, they were permanently deleted.

Originally posted by L67:

......but there's a different kind of tech there that isn't offered here - but not all of it is available to normal users anyway.

And third, as L67 mentions above, the big difference between this forum and RFT in the tech area is that on Pennock's, the members are learning about the Fiero basics in general whereas the guys at RFT already know the ins and outs of the car and are more focused on the engine modifications. Most of them already have modified motors that run very fast and their tech section focuses on tweaking and/or upgrading questions. The tech section actually has some very interesting threads and most of the members that are on this forum are over there also. A lot of times when people on here post questions about motor modifications, some of the answers to there questions actually come from members that are from there...people just don't realize it.

I never had any issues with Shaun or the guys over there. You just have to realize that when you sign up, you WILL get opinions that you do not like, you may get some smart-ass comments, there is no rating system so you can be targeted very easily and harassed for a very long time. Lowlux was one of the few that was banned from there and others have been suspended for 30 days so the really heavy offenders DO pay a price at some point.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 12-18-2010).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2010 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
welll anyway last time I looked, that place it didn't have anything more to offer than here.... also people on here don't piss on each other ...... so maybe ya cant be a thin skin to go there.... I respect myself more...... I really dont consider myself thin skin or I wouldn't of been able to serve with the Canadian Airborne regiment attached to a Brit SAS unit..... so RFT has a long way to go before been able to rival this forum. enough said I will not waste my saliva anymore on that thrash site.....
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2010 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
Besides all the lack of bs that seems to go on there...the fact that they would not share info is imho the biggest turn off...unless its key to your business ( such as top notche's phantom wiper fix ) I would think you would enjoy sharing your knowledge with other fiero lovers. I know in the livesteam world we deal share info all the time and that is part of the joy of the hobby. Helping someone get as much draft from their blast nozzle as possible, how to time their valve gear etc.

No bigger way to look like a jerk is to flaunt your knowledge and then not share it imo.

P.S. This is what live steam is...a trailer I made for a movie I was / might make...sorry for lack of quality.

cypres

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-18-2010 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cypresSend a Private Message to cypresDirect Link to This Post

First off thanks Cliff but no thanks. I'd much rather be here. I just saw the dohc getting more press there. If they dont want me. Then I dont want them.

I had no idea this thread had this much built up tension lingering.
L67

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-18-2010 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hockaday:
Besides all the lack of bs that seems to go on there...the fact that they would not share info is imho the biggest turn off...unless its key to your business ( such as top notche's phantom wiper fix )
No bigger way to look like a jerk is to flaunt your knowledge and then not share it imo.

I see your point and sympathize with it. However, there is a great deal of innovation available in the public forums already. Let me give you an example; after Will read all of the stuff I had posted in the "HD 5 Speed" thread, he went back to RFT and pulled the original build thread out of the public forum archives. All of the information was sitting right there, for anyone to read. The private forums are perused by business owners, and a lot of the tech makes money. The internet is a very public place, anyone, anywhere, can read what you've written. Sometimes its important to be able to trust the people who read what you've got to say, because the world is full of people who would rather watch you drown than get wet.
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2010 04:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

And third, as L67 mentions above, the big difference between this forum and RFT in the tech area is that on Pennock's, the members are learning about the Fiero basics in general whereas the guys at RFT already know the ins and outs of the car and are more focused on the engine modifications.

The ironic thing is that wasn't always the case. When I first joined here years ago, this forum was a terrific place to learn and full of knowledgeable people that posted. But it has gone downhill. From my infrequent visits, about 7 out of 10 posts I see are wrong. How do i know this ? i've spent waayy to much time and money on my cars since 2001 finding out. How can you get information when threads can't stay on topic ? (how about the "Purple Reign where's my parts " that ended up with huge pics and discussion of vegetable gardens ?!) People learning fiero basics never ends as the SAME things keep getting posted and posted and posted and posted.

I'm not here to slam this forum, but I'm also not the first or only person to post this opinion. Most of the knowledgeable people who were here are gone or no longer post. My opinion is that they won't put up with the members with more attitude than brains that post crap with attitude and sling negatives. Why bother.

This is probably how and why RTF got members AND why more want to join {laugh}.

Originally posted by L67:

... a lot of the tech makes money.

The joke is that people that work on their cars are the ones that know what's going on. These people also need to buy stuff all the time and support the advertisers. I would imagine advertisers getting a better return over there. People posting crap all the time makes "webpage hits" but certainly won't make a profit or draw support. They don't buy parts, they don't work on the car, they don't know what's going on. The crap that gets posted just causes other people to waste THEIR time and money. Been there, done that, don't do it anymore.

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 12-18-2010).]

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2010 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Whatever Paul....
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock