Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  New member from Savannah (with pictures)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

New member from Savannah (with pictures) by sportcoupe
Started on: 12-12-2010 03:54 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: mikejhjr on 12-13-2010 07:16 PM
sportcoupe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sportcoupeSend a Private Message to sportcoupeDirect Link to This Post
Greetings forum,

This isn't my first post on PFF. My first posts were asking for technical help and parts requests, LOL. My name is John and I live in Savannah, GA. I work as an electrical engineer for a Corporate Jet OEM (Gulfstream Aerospace). I have been into (rebuilding) cars of all sorts for the last 20 years. I have done all stock trucks, 400rwhp naturally aspirated sports cars, 505 rwhp supercharged sports cars, 310 rwhp rotary twin turbos, minivans and 4x4 Jeeps.

I am posting now to add before and after pictures of my "free" 1988 Fiero Coupe 2.5L 5-speed and to introduce myself. I acquired the Fiero from a co-worker that bought it 5 years ago with a locked up motor. He pulled the motor and bought a short block for it and rebuilt the cylinder head. He mounted the block to the cradle (with new clutch) and re-installed the motor/cradle. That was 2006. He lost interest in the little 4 cylinder (he drives a '86 GT with 383 stroker V-8 from archie). He bought a 'vette recently and needed room to restore it so I was offered the little 2.5L Fiero.

I towed it home and completed the motor install and put the interior back together. There were several items missing as he was using it as a parts car over the last 4 years. Here are some pictures I took after unloading it from the car hauler.

I then took pictures today after putting 40 miles on the little Fiero, the first time it was moved under it's own power since at least 2005.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FirstDrCar

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirstDrCarSend a Private Message to FirstDrCarDirect Link to This Post
Looks good for the amount of work that had to be done

cheers
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum ....

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum, and nice find.
FieroGtBandit

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGtBanditSend a Private Message to FieroGtBanditDirect Link to This Post
Good Job Man.
falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum

This car is a very good candidate for a SBC sleeper. No PW, no PL, no PM and no A/C either.
------------------
"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."

Work done 07-08 | Work done 08-09 | Work done 09-10 | Work done 10-11 |
4.9 ongoing project | Parts for sale

[This message has been edited by falcon_ca (edited 12-12-2010).]

mikejhjr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2010 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mikejhjrSend a Private Message to mikejhjrDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sportcoupe:

I work as an electrical engineer for a Corporate Jet OEM (Gulfstream Aerospace).

Hello from Florida. Do you by chance know a Mr. Stroud that works for Gulfstream?
sportcoupe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2010 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sportcoupeSend a Private Message to sportcoupeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mikejhjr:

Hello from Florida. Do you by chance know a Mr. Stroud that works for Gulfstream?

Sorry, I do not. There are 4000 employees at the Savannah facility.
mikejhjr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2010 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mikejhjrSend a Private Message to mikejhjrDirect Link to This Post
Oh wow, I didn't know it was that big. A guy from Gulfstream did some upholstery work for me a few years ago. It was top notch.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock