The saddest day of the year. by Steve25
Started on: 12-10-2010 12:32 PM
Replies: 1
Last post by: johnyrottin on 12-10-2010 02:36 PM
Steve25

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2010 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steve25Send a Private Message to Steve25Direct Link to This Post
After an ill fated attempt in May to upgrade the cam left me with a spun rod bearing it took until early October to get my Fiero back on the road. Since then I have been learning to tune with DHP Powrtuner and a wideband that has it's own idea of how to operate and have the MAF table pretty will smoothed out, only occasional fractional KR at the higher extremes.

The reason for the bummer? We finally got a little snow and the salt trucks were out in force.

I drive my Fiero almost exclusively from the spring rains that clean away the winter salt, until the county once again spreads it around in the Winter.

I am REALLY liking the new build. The L26 bottom end that has higher (9.4:1) compression and NIC cam along with all the other upgrades are an awesome combination.

New wheels (Center Line Storm) and tires (225/45-17 BFG KDWs on the front and 245/45-17 BFG KDs on the rear) a few weeks ago are an enormous upgrade to the already way good handling. It will take more driving in warmer weather to see if that is the final combination.

Now I have to pull it in the garage and putter around with it for 4 months. Bummer!!

I do have a few 'off season' upgrades planned. A 'headlightectomy' to remove the factory pop ups and replace them with a Munsonesque' scheme. Mecam side scoops. A new air cleaner system. A seriously upgraded auto trans cooler. And start down the path of intercooling.

------------------
Steve AT 88GTP DOT com
88 GT\3800 SC\L67\L26\4T65E-HD
NIC Cam\Comp Cam Hi-Tech 1.8 rockers\Rhoads XL Lifters
eBay Headers\Magnaflow Camaro muffler, 3.4 pulley
DH Tune

Wanna go faster?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2010 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Take the time you are blessed with and spruce up all those little things in the interior that bug you. Maybe treat the girl to new window switches or something like that. makes the winter go by and adds to the PIZAZZ in the sprng!!!

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 12-10-2010).]

IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock