Fiero thread in the corvette forum by formulaWA
Started on: 12-10-2010 02:22 AM
Replies: 34
Last post by: jscott1 on 12-12-2010 07:14 PM
formulaWA

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2010 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for formulaWASend a Private Message to formulaWADirect Link to This Post
Interestingly enough for the most part it was positive

http://forums.corvetteforum...2-pontiac-fiero.html
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2010 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
It all depends on the people your dealing with on the forum. The tuner forum i go on anything involving a fiero gets bashed.... but as i said there a bunch of moronic little kids with there mommy and daddy bought eveo's
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2010 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
It is amazing how many Fiero bashers there are. I certainly wouldn't slag off a model of car i knew nothing about but plenty do.
Plenty of VW bashers in their forums too and they were driving mid engine cars in the 1930's. If it wasn't for car like these probably the cars theyrmost desire would never have been built. Nice to see some that can appreciate something a little different for what they are.
Erik

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2010 05:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
the Fiero has blunderbuss exhaust tips ..That's all the Vette owner ever saw ..hehehe
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2010 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I took my Corvette powered Fiero to my Corvette club meetings all the time. I even got it entered into an all Corvette car show. The gave me a prime corner parking spot, but just didnt let it be judged. I heard almost no bad comments when people looked it over. Most common thing I heard there was 'Hey (insert name) check this out...this things got a Corvette engine in here !!!!!! "
Russ544

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2010 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ544Send a Private Message to Russ544Direct Link to This Post
I've heard the same comment about my V-8 cars several times. "Now THATS a Fiero I wouldn't mind owning". when people see what can be done with the cars they appreciate them, but a ratted out stocker is likely to get hammered on. most likely it's the same with many brands of cars.

Russ
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2010 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Russ544:

I've heard the same comment about my V-8 cars several times. "Now THATS a Fiero I wouldn't mind owning". when people see what can be done with the cars they appreciate them, but a ratted out stocker is likely to get hammered on. most likely it's the same with many brands of cars.

True. Very rarely do we hear bad comments on the sharp/polished/done up cars we bring to our local Show n Shines.
Often we'll hear "THESE are nice. Don't see many of these around, but othersI have seen look like junk."

Both my cars turn heads. People can't figure out what the heck they are from a distance!!

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 12-10-2010).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2010 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Looks like darkhorizon got the thread closed when he posted up some vids lol.

I'm a member of that forum too. I love both cars, the vette and the fiero. I'd be heartbroken to have to part with either of them.

------------------

Check out my build!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html

RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2010 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
I have been a member there since 2008 and have noticed that the word Fiero in a thread means "Closed".
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2010 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
Someone forgot to tell me it was a year old thread!
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2010 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
There is a guy on Corvette Forum in the C5 section whos avatar is a white 88 GT with gold wheels!
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2010 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RACE:

I have been a member there since 2008 and have noticed that the word Fiero in a thread means "Closed".

Maybe because people start arguements on that subject...

FallenShadow 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2010 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FallenShadow 2m4Send a Private Message to FallenShadow 2m4Direct Link to This Post
interesting to hear that there are more Cobra and lambo's then thier are fiero. id like to see the actuall stats.

------------------
--FallenShadow
84 SE 4 speed Iron Duke

FrugalFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2010 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrugalFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

I'm a member of that forum too. I love both cars, the vette and the fiero. I'd be heartbroken to have to part with either of them.

Same here...

Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2010 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

Someone forgot to tell me it was a year old thread!

Well, as a ten year member on Corvette Forum, allow me to enlighten you....that was an old thread. Oops...a mod beat me to it.

Seriously though, CF is a great forum, but Corvette Forum Off Topic is....or can be....a rather challenging place for n00bs. There's an underlying etiquette like on most forums, but CFOT can turn into a "Let's pyle drive the n00b" session in a heartbeat....and unless it gets extremely ugly, the mods won't intervene in O/T. If that ever starts, whatever you do, don't get defensive or let anyone there get under your skin (or don't let them know they did anyway). Laugh off any digs againts you, and all will be well. A little self deprecating humor can go a long way. Next thing you know, you're one of the gang.

I've seen dozens of Fiero threads there over the years, most have positive things to say about the car. There will always be haters, but that's the case with anything. And there are a LOT of us that own both a Corvette and a Fiero....or several of both.

Oh...one other little detail......going into CFOT and singing the praises of the C4 Corvette is ill advised as well.....unless you have a very thick skin. It is currently the stepchild of the family there. Most of it is good natured ribbing, but I've seen n00bs get torn apart there as well. I own a C4 and go in there regularly, but then again, I was around when most of the people in CFOT DROVE C4's....

BTW....I hang out in C4 General. If I'm not here....I'm there. Drop on in and I'll introduce you to the gang.

My profile on Corvette Forum

http://forums.corvetteforum...8654-frizlefrak.html

[This message has been edited by Frizlefrak (edited 12-10-2010).]

sricka01

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2010 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Direct Link to This Post
After reading that thread admin's quick closure I'm so glad to know that Cliff runs this forum and nobody else. Hate forum admins and their snotty rules.
Darth88Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2010 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth88FormulaClick Here to visit Darth88Formula's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth88FormulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sricka01:

After reading that thread admin's quick closure I'm so glad to know that Cliff runs this forum and nobody else. Hate forum admins and their snotty rules.

I agree, I don't understand the point of starting a new thread if no one has posted to it in 45 days, as per their rules. It clogs up the forum by starting a new one.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2010 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sricka01:

Here... Here. I agree. Thats why I just bought cliff a beer.

Rob
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2010 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

... but as i said there a bunch of moronic little kids with there mommy and daddy bought eveo's

LOL Sounds exactly like the Cobalt SS forum!

shawnk

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2010 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkDirect Link to This Post
Frizzlefrak or some name close is on this forum and the corvette forum. I still lurk in the c4 section since I recently sold my 1992 c4 coupe the c4 section is pretty fiero friendly as a lot of them had fires before. It's the c5 and c6 sections to avoid. They don't even like the c4-3-2-1 guys lol

[This message has been edited by shawnk (edited 12-11-2010).]

shawnk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2010 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkDirect Link to This Post

shawnk

968 posts
Member since Mar 2008
Ok I didn't read the previous post close enough I see that dirty dog posted above me. Dirty rotten puppy.
PFF
System Bot
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2010 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shawnk:

Ok I didn't read the previous post close enough I see that dirty dog posted above me. Dirty rotten puppy.

Yeah....reading is fundamental, California boy That's what you get for posting all those pics on the coast that we're all so jealous of
I love C4Gen. Any misstep I make, I can always blame on the Alberta cat.
shawnk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Frizlefrak:

Yeah....reading is fundamental, California boy That's what you get for posting all those pics on the coast that we're all so jealous of
I love C4Gen. Any misstep I make, I can always blame on the Alberta cat.

All that California sun has got to my head so I skip reading lol. Did you see the fiero coast pics?
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
My first few posts over there were not the most welcome. But after I got the feel of the place it I continue to post and read the forum.

Keep in mind my 2 Fieros and my Corvette are all bastards in the eyes of most people. But I don't care, they all have their own value. I wouldn't trade my 86 GT for any C4, I would for a C5 if it was the right one but it would have to be pretty nice.

My Corvette is a fire breathing, tire smoking, engine sticking out of the hood, side pipes down the side, stereo blasting Dragon and even on the Corvette forum its not accepted as well as it was on here. I think we have a more diverse group of people. After all who can own 3 or 4 Corvettes and keep them running
But I have also had a lot of interest in my car and have been invited to bring it to some of the local Corvette meetings, I may just do that if I ever get it painted.
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shawnk:

All that California sun has got to my head so I skip reading lol. Did you see the fiero coast pics?

Oh yes....I have three keys on my keyboard that no longer work from me drooling over the coast pics....sometimes I really miss California.

Pop on over to C4 Gen and check out the "Friz & Sweetsie" thread
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
I find at most traditional Pontiac shows and with many Corvette people the Fiero is pretty well recieved. A few years back the local Corvette Club in the Cleveland area had a show and the Fiero was the featured guest.

Then every year another local Corvette club puts on a show that is open to all makes. The Fiero's are in the 2 seat sports car class. We do not face Vettes but we have faced Pantera's, Porsche's, Cobras, Jags, T birds, Vipers etc big buck sports cars. Generally we place 1-2 Fieros in class with Vette club members voting.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
I'm usually over in the C5 section on that forum, as well as in the Canadian Events section.

I do find that the C4 guys have it tough! I don't have anything against them though, still a nice car that I wouldn't mind owning.
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

I do find that the C4 guys have it tough! I don't have anything against them though, still a nice car that I wouldn't mind owning.

Not unless they venture into O/T

But seriously, the only time a C4 owner has it tough is when they get defensive about their car for some reason or start making comparisons with other generations and playing the "mine is better" game. I've owned two C4's...one was an 84...and I venture into O/T at will and never get any grief....but I don't go looking for trouble or stepping on toes. Then again, some are reluctant to call out a 10 year member as well. Plus....as I said earlier...some of the "notable" regulars in O/T have conveniently forgotten when the used to own C4's. When I started on CF, the bulk of OT drove C4's and C3's. Very few members there actually badmouth anyone's car....99% of it is tongue in cheek, and as I said earlier, a little self-deprecating humor goes a long way over there.

Corvette Forum is a great place, and the Fiero is usually regarded well there, as long as a Fiero owner doesn't come in with a chip on their shoulder. Anyone who owns a Corvette should definitely join in there.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Just dont post any boobies
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
....or "biznoobies"...as they're called on CF
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Reading all of their rules does make me appreciate PFF a lot more compared to those other over-moderated Forums.
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
under no circumstances should you ever say the name "chiltons"
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Reading all of their rules does make me appreciate PFF a lot more compared to those other over-moderated Forums.

The mods of Corvette Forum are pretty lenient really. It takes a lot to get one riled up. In 10 years there, I've run afoul of the rules once or twice at most, and the slaps on the wrist that I got, I had coming.

It's hard to say if the ratings system we have here would work on a forum of that size. Then again, maybe it would work even better.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

The mods of Corvette Forum are pretty lenient really. It takes a lot to get one riled up. In 10 years there, I've run afoul of the rules once or twice at most, and the slaps on the wrist that I got, I had coming.

It's hard to say if the ratings system we have here would work on a forum of that size. Then again, maybe it would work even better.

The rating system does give me pause to think about what I post. (Most of the time) I also post on other car forums and not proud of it but I laid into a kid who said he was pulling the wheels off the ground with an 84 Fiero. I asked him for pictures because it wasn't going to happen. But we worked it out. If the forum would have had a rating system my first post to him would have been thought out a lot more than just calling him on it. Sometimes thinking about what your going to say before you say is a good thing.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

True I only have one data point, but I don't understand the 45 day rule. I know it's called grave robbing and considered uncool, but I don't see the outright ban on posting to old threads. And then they go on to say that you can add to an older thread if the Moderator feels it's worthwhile information...

Sheesh, why not just let people post information? I don't think that type of intervention is necessary or even desirable.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock