Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  UGH! Somebody please tell me... (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
UGH! Somebody please tell me... by fierogal123
Started on: 12-03-2010 12:05 PM
Replies: 50
Last post by: Jake_Dragon on 01-09-2011 07:16 AM
Joe 1320

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe 1320Click Here to visit Joe 1320's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe 1320Direct Link to This Post
My buddy is 6'8" and doesn't fit. Can't even get in. Cool thing is that now he won't ever ask me for a lift.
IP: Logged
TheRealShadowX

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

Not anymore! I'm the tallest at a little over 6'5", and at 150lbs. 18. I fit in Fiero's with no problems.
Actually I got a ride in fierogal123's t-top Fiero, and hey, that was an awesome ride! Bobby was driving though.

Well, I'm actually only about 1/3 of an inch away from being 6'6", but we won't argue. Lol, Tall people rule!!!!

------------------
"He took my stapler. I could burn this building down."

TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXDirect Link to This Post

TheRealShadowX

1456 posts
Member since Mar 2010

Originally posted by Rallaster:

I'd be a little worried about him sitting up there, if he starts to fall, he's got nothing to get his claws into to keep him from going straight to the pavement... :/ I lost mine to a poisonous bug he got a hold of because I wasn't paying enough attention to what he was snapping at, I'd hate to see something similar happen to your G/F's.

Very sorry to hear about your loss. I definitely know what you mean. But not to worry, my GF was actually keeping Taco company up there. She stepped away for a moment to take that picture, but he wasn't going anywhere. He sits perfectly still any time he's outside, for fear of birds, so he never moved once. It's good that you have the safe state of mind though, too many people just don't care about their lizards. They get them because they look cool, but don't realize all the care that goes into owning one. I know, I used to work at a pet store. Lizards are BAD gift ideas for 5 year olds people! Use your friggin brains!

------------------

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2010 04:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheRealShadowX:

Well, I'm actually only about 1/3 of an inch away from being 6'6", but we won't argue. Lol, Tall people rule!!!!

Most of the time, yes it does have its benefits. But there are times that it sucks, like a door frame that is shorter then usual and your not paying attention (SMACK) or cars that you don't fit into, like a solstice, or a Ford Probe (I bring that up because it was to be my first car except I didn't fit AT ALL). Also, at least in my case, its very hard to find clothes that fit.
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2010 06:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

Most of the time, yes it does have its benefits. But there are times that it sucks, like a door frame that is shorter then usual and your not paying attention (SMACK) or cars that you don't fit into, like a solstice, or a Ford Probe (I bring that up because it was to be my first car except I didn't fit AT ALL). Also, at least in my case, its very hard to find clothes that fit.

True x5!!! It does have quite a few drawbacks, but looking down, literally, on people makes up for it! Lol! As long as I fit into my Fiero I will be fine!

------------------

BigGuyTinyCar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BigGuyTinyCarSend a Private Message to BigGuyTinyCarDirect Link to This Post
I'm 6' 5" and don't fit with stock seats. My head rubs on the sunroof the whole time I'm in the car...very annoying.
However, I just bought a Fiero anyway because I'm that kind of stubborn...and because it has a V8 already!
I'm going to have to do something about it...either modify the driver seat/rails or replace the driver seat with a
thinner seat, but I don't know how all you guys taller than me are doing it.
fierogal123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogal123Send a Private Message to fierogal123Direct Link to This Post
I have posted this thread to his facebook wall. He didn't have much to say.

I'm 5'3", but I think being short is more of a challenge when driving my fiero than being tall would be. I have my gtp for now til the snow and ice disappear. I'm lovin it. It's a nice substitute considering it's got a supercharged 3800 in it and still wears the pontiac emblem. Makes me smile.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
As i said on another post. Dans85GT here on the forum is over 7ft.

Side note: He could fit ok in the pass side of one without a sunroof but he does need to have the sunroof to be comfortable driving.
Terry_w

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wDirect Link to This Post
I am not tall but one thing to keep in mind is proportions. I think it would be preferable (Fiero wise) to have long legs and shorter torso. Once you manage to get in there is lots of leg room to be had with the seat back (I have short legs so it may just be my opinion). If you are tall but have a proportionally longer torso (and the solid roof) the roof room may be annoying
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2011 05:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Direct Link to This Post

Proportions do make a difference!
I'm 6' 2", and in every vehicle I get into, I automatically move the seat all the way back. I did that with my Fiero...and found I couldn't reach the pedals properly! I have to have the seat a notch or two forward. On the other hand, if my hair is standing up, it'll brush the ceiling. Proportions.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2011 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
The best part of the Fiero is getting in and out of it LOL

I'm 6'1 220+ and people think its funny when I get in and out of my car. I have had a Fiero for 11+ years and don't even think about it now.
The girls at work think its funny to see me fold up and plop into my car.

On a side note I was cut off in traffic by a guy in a large truck, he was on his phone and cut across 3 lanes of traffic. I gave him the single finger wave and invited him to pull over and talk about road etiquette.
He was pointing and jumping around until I jumped out of my car. I guess he expected someone smaller.
We agreed its bad to talk on the phone and drive if you cant chew gum and walk. I got back in my car and left.

I think most people just assume that because the car is small that it must be tight like the other small cars on the road at the same time. The chevette was a very cramped car, I drove one for a year. I find that the Fiero is the most comfortable car of any that I have had. Not sitting up right with my ankle in a weird position is the best part of it. Like sitting in a recliner going down the road.
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock