Sequential tail lights by njcwgrl
Started on: 12-01-2010 09:11 AM
Replies: 10
Last post by: fierosound on 12-04-2010 11:13 AM
njcwgrl

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2010 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for njcwgrlSend a Private Message to njcwgrlDirect Link to This Post
Hi,

Has anyone installed the sequential tail light harness that is being advertised here ??? I Just LOVE the
way it looks...Like a old Cougar...

Id like to put them on my 88 Notchie ...I would like to know if it was hard to do

Thanks,
Shannon
88 Fiero "Valhalla"
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2010 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I have. It was quite easy to do actually.

You need to find an 84 and cut the inner third lamp socket on either side.

These will replace the two wire socket next to the reverse lights.
The 84 was the only Notchback that had all three light up originally.

Wire in the park light and ground on that socket, then follow the instructions on the sequential module...

I installed them many years ago, and got tons of comments on them. You may need an electronic flasher that slows the turn signal pattern down though..

Also, there is an optional wire that can be run to the very front under the dash.
This is so that when you hit the brakes, if this wire is hooked up, your lights come on steady without cycling once.
If you do not run this, then when you hit the brakes, the lights will cycle one time, and then stay on steady.

I did not run this wire, as I felt it made the car more visible during initial braking.

Also, pick up the third brake light flasher. This pulses the light several times at high speed before coming on steady, and mounts right up by the light under the cover.

Fantastic products.

edit: The ducks are plotting mankind's downfall...

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 12-01-2010).]

TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2010 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

You need to find an 84 and cut the inner third lamp socket on either side.

You can get the sockets at most auto parts stores. No need to steal them from an 84 car.

[This message has been edited by TopNotch (edited 12-01-2010).]

njcwgrl

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2010 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for njcwgrlSend a Private Message to njcwgrlDirect Link to This Post
Ok...I need to get a three wire socket for the bulb closest to the back up lights..( Ask for 84 at the parts store )

..Yea I was looking at the blinker for the third break light..Sounds like a GOOD idea being so low...

I was going to get the kit from Web Electric...If I dont put that other wire to the brakes I will not
have to pull my carpet out correct ? Im saving for this kit and I want to try to get the car together
soon and be able to drive it...

Also,,with this kit ALL three tail lights will work on brake also .Correct?? I had a 82 TA that I re-wired the
tail lights to all come on at once It was Great.. I just would like to go a little more with the Fiero

Thanks,
Shannon
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2010 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by njcwgrl:

Ok...I need to get a three wire socket for the bulb closest to the back up lights..( Ask for 84 at the parts store )

..Yea I was looking at the blinker for the third break light..Sounds like a GOOD idea being so low...

I was going to get the kit from Web Electric...If I dont put that other wire to the brakes I will not
have to pull my carpet out correct ? Im saving for this kit and I want to try to get the car together

Also,,with this kit ALL three tail lights will work on brake also .Correct?? I had a 82 TA that I re-wired the
tail lights to all come on at once It was Great.. I just would like to go a little more with the Fiero

Thanks,
Shannon

Yes to all of the above.

I still have my modules, even after converting to LED, and am considering modifying my tail lights again to integrate the modules for the sequentials..

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 12-01-2010).]

Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2010 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyDirect Link to This Post
I used the module from Webelectric and it worked great fro me. I actually went one better and also replaced my backup light with a 2 element socket so I have 4 lights flashing across. I replaced my bulbs with LEDs to cut down the draw and used an adjustable flasher from http://www.keepitcleanwirin...d-Adjustable-Flasher to slow it down a bit. The guys at Webelectric were very helpful and I wouldn't hesitate to deal with them again.

Dave

Originally posted by njcwgrl:

Thanks,
Shannon

Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2010 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonDirect Link to This Post
What happens when you put on the 4 way flashers? Same sequential dance from both sides or not? Or does it treat it like a pulsing brake application?

Spoon

------------------
Two yeast spent their entire life "about 2 days" discussing what the purpose of life could be and not once did they even come close to the fact that they were making champagne. Quoted by: Unknown

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2010 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spoon:

What happens when you put on the 4 way flashers? Same sequential dance from both sides or not? Or does it treat it like a pulsing brake application?

Spoon

Yep. Sequential pulse on both sides.
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonDirect Link to This Post
OOoooookay.

Spoon

------------------
Two yeast spent their entire life "about 2 days" discussing what the purpose of life could be and not once did they even come close to the fact that they were making champagne. Quoted by: Unknown

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 06:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
A question I have is has anyone made the sequential lights go out sequentially?
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

The 84 was the only Notchback that had all three light up originally.

Also, pick up the third brake light flasher. This pulses the light several times at high speed before coming on steady, and mounts right up by the light under the cover.

Have both on my 84 Indy. The sequential brakes look great in action!
I have the 3rd brake pulser wired for my LED brake strip in the wing.
Both are excellent products http://www.webelectricproducts.com/

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock