As i figured no Fiero in GT5 by 865spd
Started on: 11-25-2010 07:27 PM
Replies: 27
Last post by: Carcenomy on 12-29-2010 04:08 PM
865spd

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2010 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 865spdClick Here to visit 865spd's HomePageSend a Private Message to 865spdDirect Link to This Post
Just as i figured there aint a fiero in GT5. No surprise really but still a bit ridiculous i think considering they have many different years and kinds of MR2's. Just thought id vent a little..still a good game though

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2010 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
One has to consider this game is sold world wide and the MR2 was sold world wide. Many parts of the world would not even remember the Fiero today. Heck I even get that here with the people in their teens.

Also the guy who is behind it is from Japan so that is why there are so many cars from there in the game.
Fiero1K

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2010 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1KSend a Private Message to Fiero1KDirect Link to This Post
They put a friggin "Vibe" in it. And no Fiero. It's an awesome game, soooooo awesome.
mattman134

Feedback score:    (33)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2010 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattman134Send a Private Message to mattman134Direct Link to This Post
GT5 will have periodic patches that will be released for new cars. In the vehicle list for GT5, it has all years and trim levels of Fiero.

SITE: http://www.zerotohundred.co...te-list-of-cars.html

"Sony has announced the full GT 5's car list. It consists of 10000 cars. At launch it will only have 340 cars while the others will be developed in the future. Polyphony Digital will also develop cars for individual clients."

"That means in the future we could have any car put into the game for a special price. Of course the damage model will be not present in GT5. Below we are attaching the nearly official carlist of GT5."

Pontiac Fiero 2M4 ‘84
Pontiac Fiero Sport ‘84
Pontiac Fiero SE ‘84
Pontiac Fiero Indy Pace Car Edition ‘85
Pontiac Fiero SE {I4} ‘85
Pontiac Fiero SE {V6} ‘85
Pontiac Fiero GT ‘85
Pontiac Fiero SE {V6} ‘86
Pontiac Fiero GT ‘86
Pontiac Fiero Sport ‘87
Pontiac Fiero SE {V6} ‘87
Pontiac Fiero GT ‘87
Pontiac Fiero GT Mera ‘87
Pontiac Fiero ‘88
Pontiac Fiero Formula ‘88
Pontiac Fiero GT ‘88
Pontiac Fiero Prototype V6 ‘90

Matt

Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2010 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post
Just one of many, many compromises during the GT5 development. The next instalment of Forza may just have Fieros... it'll be a waiting game.

------------------

joshh44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2010 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshh44Send a Private Message to joshh44Direct Link to This Post
i think in that list. have a SD4 fiero in there.
865spd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2010 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 865spdClick Here to visit 865spd's HomePageSend a Private Message to 865spdDirect Link to This Post
Also the actual list of what was 1031 cars from what I read had a sad pontiac represental. They had the 04 gto...why not go with the 05 or 06 6.0? The solstice coupe concept...why not have the solstice gxp coupe instead? The vibe which in my opinion is a joke. A 64 tempest gto...ok that's fine but they changed none from the gt4 and I know its made and developed in japan and all but come on. I mean they have nascar in it which aside from toyota unfortunately is all american. Still great game though

------------------

batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2010 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
are they really going to add the 1987 Pontiac Fiero Mera???? that would rule.....seeing as i have one

Daniel-
Mera X
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2010 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
if your capable in these matters you could probably edit the game on a pc and run the game there through emulation or perhaps on a ps3 if you can use burned discs, I haven't looked into modding that at all
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2010 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Just picked the game up today...... I started with a civic
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2010 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

are they really going to add the 1987 Pontiac Fiero Mera???? that would rule.....seeing as i have one

Daniel-
Mera X

Just find a Ferrari and prestend it is a Rebody. LOL!

This is just a frekin game and the cars are just fake. I could care less what it is as long as it gets me a good lap time. If they put a 85 GT in the game it would have too much understeer if they do it accuratly.

I would love to see a GTU Fiero racer or GTP light.
PFF
System Bot
Dflint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2010 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintDirect Link to This Post
i wonder if theres an option for when your revving the engine at the start line it bursts into flames lol
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2010 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
ICM failure would be epic in the v6's
FieroGT42

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2010 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

ICM failure would be epic in the v6's

LOL, yeah.

Let's hope they put them in. I was really disappointed to see them excluded from GT4 after they showed up in a car list somewhere.

Petition, anyone? IIRC, someone did one for GT4.
AquaHusky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2010 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AquaHuskySend a Private Message to AquaHuskyDirect Link to This Post
I dont think this has anything to do with PolyPhony Digital. I think this has more to do with Pontiac/GM licensing. The Fiero was on the wish lists even back with RiceTurismo2. Considering that the Fiero was classed with the MR2s and RX7s of the time, it seemed odd to me not to include them, which is why I have come to the conclusion that it's the General's fault.
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2010 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post
Not represented due to lack of numbers. They're not rare like some of the obscure crap that makes it into racing games, but they're not common enough to be represented like the terrible that makes it into racing games. There's equally no Fiat X1/9s in the games either, and at least with the example of the Forza franchise the only MR2s are the SW20s onward, not the earlier AW11... there's no love for the wedges.

------------------

Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2010 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
"Not represented due to lack of numbers." Seriously? How many Lemans GT40s were made?
Who cares about how many cars were sold in the real world? It's a video game. I am disappointed that the Fiero is not in there. It would be one of the best cars to start with.
340 cars at launch at least 7 are GTRs? Must be the best selling car of all time.
I knew when I bought it that the car list was gonna piss me off but oh well
Spynx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2010 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpynxClick Here to visit Spynx's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpynxDirect Link to This Post
I was really really hoping to see Fiero in GT5. But I will keep hoping for one in a patch who knows.

------------------

Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2010 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scottzilla79:

"Not represented due to lack of numbers." Seriously? How many Lemans GT40s were made?
Who cares about how many cars were sold in the real world? It's a video game. I am disappointed that the Fiero is not in there. It would be one of the best cars to start with.
340 cars at launch at least 7 are GTRs? Must be the best selling car of all time.
I knew when I bought it that the car list was gonna piss me off but oh well

Rarity. GT40s are rare. And in the US, GT-Rs are rare. And the Japanese gamers like having lots of Japanese cars.

This is why I'm not so much pissed off that GT5 has no Fieros, but that Forza has no Fieros. Forza is an american developed title with plenty of USDM vehicles... but most of them are old muscle or terrible stuff that has no place on the track. Seriously, why a Chevy Aveo but no Fiero? That really pisses me off.

------------------

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2010 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
None of you are beating my acura in this game NONE OF YOU MUAhahahahaha
FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2010 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinDirect Link to This Post
I'd heard there was a Solstice and that a Fiero would be included later on, but I don't see either. How or where do you find these cars?

------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster
1987 Fiero GT, Medium Red Mettalic, Lowered
2008 Solstice GXP, Aggressive
2008 G8 GT, Magnetic Grey Mettalic

1988 - 2006 - The 18 year dry spell between 2-seat Pontiac Excitement was finally over... RIP Pontiac.

PFF
System Bot
TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2010 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
There is no Fiero. I don't know about the Solstice. I just went with a VX220, best of both worlds. Or you could go with a Skyline, there are 87 to choose from.
DRWBRTq19

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2010 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRWBRTq19Send a Private Message to DRWBRTq19Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattman134:

GT5 will have periodic patches that will be released for new cars. In the vehicle list for GT5, it has all years and trim levels of Fiero.

SITE: http://www.zerotohundred.co...te-list-of-cars.html

"Sony has announced the full GT 5's car list. It consists of 10000 cars. At launch it will only have 340 cars while the others will be developed in the future. Polyphony Digital will also develop cars for individual clients."

"That means in the future we could have any car put into the game for a special price. Of course the damage model will be not present in GT5. Below we are attaching the nearly official carlist of GT5."

Pontiac Fiero 2M4 ‘84
Pontiac Fiero Sport ‘84
Pontiac Fiero SE ‘84
Pontiac Fiero Indy Pace Car Edition ‘85
Pontiac Fiero SE {I4} ‘85
Pontiac Fiero SE {V6} ‘85
Pontiac Fiero GT ‘85
Pontiac Fiero SE {V6} ‘86
Pontiac Fiero GT ‘86
Pontiac Fiero Sport ‘87
Pontiac Fiero SE {V6} ‘87
Pontiac Fiero GT ‘87
Pontiac Fiero GT Mera ‘87
Pontiac Fiero ‘88
Pontiac Fiero Formula ‘88
Pontiac Fiero GT ‘88
Pontiac Fiero Prototype V6 ‘90

Matt

Please take notice of the lists date, 09-25-2007.

Drew

[This message has been edited by DRWBRTq19 (edited 12-28-2010).]

mattman134

Feedback score:    (33)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2010 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattman134Send a Private Message to mattman134Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by DRWBRTq19:

Please take notice of the lists date, 09-25-2007.

Drew

This is also on there:

Matt
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2010 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

None of you are beating my acura in this game NONE OF YOU MUAhahahahaha

Why does it have a ton of stickers and a monster size wing on it? lol j/k
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2010 03:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattman134:

This is also on there:

Matt

I doubt they will ever take the time to model 10000 cars seeing as it was released with 1000, I've seen that list before and I don't think it's from a reputible source for GT5 but I would love it if it were true. Of course people with Fiero's are going to want them in the game but I doubt many others could care less. Comparing the rarity doesn't mean much either, I'm sure if you asked the average car enthusiast which he would rather have in the game a Fiero or Lemans GT40? Hell even I might pick the GT40.
The other thing is the time they take to model cars and get the physics correct in a game like GT5, IMO that's why there are so many Skylines and other cars that were in previous versions, the leg work was done, so most likely they will only concentrate on the newer cars everyone likes and a few limited ones of which the Fiero is nothing special. I wish my Fiero was in the game too but after playing the first 4 games of GT I'll be happy enough with this one I'm sure.

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 12-29-2010).]

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2010 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Just picked the game up today...... I started with a civic

There's a surprise.
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2010 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

I doubt they will ever take the time to model 10000 cars seeing as it was released with 1000, I've seen that list before and I don't think it's from a reputible source for GT5 but I would love it if it were true. Of course people with Fiero's are going to want them in the game but I doubt many others could care less. Comparing the rarity doesn't mean much either, I'm sure if you asked the average car enthusiast which he would rather have in the game a Fiero or Lemans GT40? Hell even I might pick the GT40.
The other thing is the time they take to model cars and get the physics correct in a game like GT5, IMO that's why there are so many Skylines and other cars that were in previous versions, the leg work was done, so most likely they will only concentrate on the newer cars everyone likes and a few limited ones of which the Fiero is nothing special. I wish my Fiero was in the game too but after playing the first 4 games of GT I'll be happy enough with this one I'm sure.

Wasn't so much that the legwork was done, it's because they copy/pasted them from the previous games

I do believe there's a far better chance that the Fiero would make it as DLC for FM3 or maybe even come on FM4 however. Polyphony are renowned for only putting rubbish in their games.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock