Jay Leno? by heypal
Started on: 11-23-2010 04:11 PM
Replies: 21
Last post by: blackrams on 11-25-2010 08:20 PM
heypal

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heypalSend a Private Message to heypalDirect Link to This Post
Does Jay Leno own a Fiero in his collection of cars? I enjoy the segments on his website and thought it would be cool if he did one for the Fiero.

Pal
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
datacop

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
No, he doesn't
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Jay wants people to laugh with him, not at him.
heypal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heypalSend a Private Message to heypalDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

Jay wants people to laugh with him, not at him.

Keep in mind he has had Mustang's on his website several times.
fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post
I can tell you first hand he does not, yet!
LuckyStrike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LuckyStrikeSend a Private Message to LuckyStrikeDirect Link to This Post
Jay is a car lover hands down, there's no reason for him not too own one! As crazy as it sounds but the fiero does hold a special place in automotive history!
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
He may buy one in due time as it is a diffrerent enough car to perk his interest at some time. Heck he just bought his first Corvair last year.

Keep in mind too the last I saw he only had one Ferrari. He just never cared for them much.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
honestley the man owns cars that could pay for a house (each one) what is he going to do with a fiero besides let it collect cobwebs.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Drive it!!!! Or put a turbine engine from a helicopter in it like his motorcycle has...
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

honestley the man owns cars that could pay for a house (each one) what is he going to do with a fiero besides let it collect cobwebs.

Same thing we all do with them, look and think about what potential was lost.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Jay Leno likes all kinds of cars.
He has a Corvair Rampside pickup truck. He doesn't buy only expensive collectibles.
However, I seriously doubt a man who has destroyed Fieros on TV for fun would buy one to restore.
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
I asked my Uncle in Phoenix to ask him about Fiero's. Jay is a friend of his, and they talk quite often on the phone, and get together now and then. My uncle is a big car buff, has some AWESOME cars. He started installing glass in houses when he was like 19 years old, then to businesses, then started his own single truck business.... and now owns one of the largest glass installers in Phoenix.

I talked ot him a couple of weeks ago, and he said he did mention it to Jay, and he just laughed it off without making any real comments.... oh well.

Here are a few pictures in my uncle's garage. (If I only had a garage like that to work in ! ! ! ! )

commerce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2010 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for commerceSend a Private Message to commerceDirect Link to This Post
David Letterman had or has one.
From a USATODAY article.
http://www.usatoday.com/spo...man-indy-cover_x.htm

"For a long time I drove a Pontiac Fiero, and that thing wasn't particularly fast but it drove like a go-kart and if you had enough time it would eventually go fast. I still have that car and put a lot of miles on it, but it had a tiny gas tank and I was forever running out of gas."
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2010 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
since when did jay leno destroy a fiero?
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2010 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hockaday:

since when did jay leno destroy a fiero?

I don't see where anyone said that he destroyed one.... did I miss something?
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2010 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Direct Link to This Post
umm... right here

Originally posted by Formula88:

Jay Leno likes all kinds of cars.
He has a Corvair Rampside pickup truck. He doesn't buy only expensive collectibles.
However, I seriously doubt a man who has destroyed Fieros on TV for fun would buy one to restore.

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2010 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Drive it!!!! Or put a turbine engine from a helicopter in it like his motorcycle has...

He already has a Turbine sports car GM and his shop built him. I think he also got a Turbine Chrysler from the 60's and it is now running.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2010 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Direct Link to This Post
Something comes to mind that Jay had a yellow 88GT T-Top with a engine swap in it...unless its just me...

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. All original.

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2010 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
When we did that Peterson Museum tour, I remember he was walking out of the museum as our Fiero caravan was pulling in. He looked at my GT briefly. That's my Jay Leno and Fiero memory .
blackrams

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2010 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by commerce:

David Letterman had or has one.
From a USATODAY article.
http://www.usatoday.com/spo...man-indy-cover_x.htm

"For a long time I drove a Pontiac Fiero, and that thing wasn't particularly fast but it drove like a go-kart and if you had enough time it would eventually go fast. I still have that car and put a lot of miles on it, but it had a tiny gas tank and I was forever running out of gas."

IMO, this is reason enough for Leno to never own a Fiero, those two hate each other. If Leno bought one, it would not surprise me if he'd find Letterman's old one just to firebomb it. Based on the way Letterman trash talks Leno, I wouldn't blame him.

Ron

LuckyStrike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2010 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LuckyStrikeSend a Private Message to LuckyStrikeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

IMO, this is reason enough for Leno to never own a Fiero, those two hate each other. If Leno bought one, it would not surprise me if he'd find Letterman's old one just to firebomb it. Based on the way Letterman trash talks Leno, I wouldn't blame him.

Ron

they hate eachother?

PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2010 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LuckyStrike:

they hate eachother?

I may have exaggerated but, it's pretty obvious there is no love lost between them.

Ron

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock