Started on: 11-18-2010 07:31 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: Xanth on 11-18-2010 10:40 PM
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2010 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
Trying to find a thread that I had flipped through real quick one day, and now really want to see again.

Not sure who it was, or what the project was, however there was a Fastback which had been widened a little by slicing and flexing the stock panels.

I really want to find this thread again

------------------
"If any car is both the parade and the rain, it is the Fiero"

Driving a Fiero is like driving a Rough-Draft, Pontiac got it to work, now its up to you to make it a good car.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2010 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
I'll try to find the thread but in all honesty, I don't think flexing body panels to make the car wider is a good idea because if you flex to go wider, you would shorten the car somewhere else....or so it seems.
Xanth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2010 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

I'll try to find the thread but in all honesty, I don't think flexing body panels to make the car wider is a good idea because if you flex to go wider, you would shorten the car somewhere else....or so it seems.

Good point, it was a rather small amount though and looked good when I glanced at it. I want to take a closer look and see if its something I'll try.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2010 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

It might've been a question/comment about West Coast Fiero Club of BC member Clynt and his wide body Fiero.

Someone (possibly fencerenu) in some thread asked if Clynt's wide body included making the doors thicker, and I remember someone (John Carlo aka Car-Lo perhaps) stating that it didn't, etc. The post included info about extra rear side panels on top of the original panels (which had part of them cut away) and the top ones being bent/flexed down to meet flush with the trailing edge of the doors.

Is this mish-mash of information any help at all?
Xanth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2010 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
That sounds familiar, but I think all the panels on the one I saw were stock panels just tweaked to get an inch or two of width on each side of the car. I've been digging trying to find it again
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2010 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

So is this not the car then?

Xanth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2010 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
Hmm, thats awfully close to the width I'm thinking of.

I thought I had seen a fastback,maybe it wasn't.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock