Started on: 11-16-2010 07:44 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: Australian on 11-18-2010 02:13 AM
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2010 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
I know that "black" is teh answer I am going to get her, but what color is the black? I had a battery leak on one of my cars and it removed some black paint. I need to redo the battery tray and want to match it as close as possible. Any suggestions as to what color and how to go about it?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2010 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
It's not a gloss black, nor is it a flat black. It's more akin to a satin finish to get it close.

Maybe somebody else can chime in who knows a bit more about exact color matches.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2010 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
i think its satin black
Danny

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2010 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DannySend a Private Message to DannyDirect Link to This Post
It's not "flat black" or "semi-gloss black" or "gloss black" or "high-heat black" . . .

Take a look at 'Eastwood's original chassis black' or research GM-Chassis black.

Eastwood product is probably the best bet though. Beware it's spendy...

Later,
Danny
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2010 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully won't need much of it as it is just the battery tray. I was actually thinking about having it armor coated or rhinolined. It would protect the stink out of it but it would ruin the originality of the car. Any other ideas on the color or how to go about this?
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2010 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:
Any other ideas on the color or how to go about this?

If you're wanting to go cheap, you might just sand down the tray real good and hit it with Rustoleum satin black. I can't remember which one I used but they make it in a rattle. That's what I did with mine and I was pleased with the results and it's held up.

Honestly with the battery tray it's not going to matter much anyway, considering a battery sits on it all the time.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2010 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
I use profesional series rustoleum (siver cans) and mix 1 can of flat black and 1 can of gloss black to come up with a satin finish.
ANAM427

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2010 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ANAM427Send a Private Message to ANAM427Direct Link to This Post
Duplicolor does sell rattle can high temp paint in black Low Gloss and Semi Gloss. One of those might get you close to what you need.

------------------
Adam

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2010 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
I think it's satin or semi-gloss. Satin is probably closer to the stock finish, though.

Like mentioned above, I use Rustoleum satin black. It's close enough.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2010 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
I used this Matte Black, real good rattle can paint.

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2010 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
I painted my engine bay with an enamel black. $3 rattle cans came out perfect.
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock