Started on: 11-15-2010 10:04 AM
Replies: 34
Last post by: yellowstone on 12-06-2010 03:45 PM
yellowstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
I finally made a decision regarding an engine swap and other upgrades to my Fiero. Since I don't have a good place to work on my car anymore since moving to Miami, I will take it to Whodeanie to have the following done:

- 3800 SC Series II out of a 1999 Buick Regal GS (58k miles) mated to my 5-speed Getrag
- Front and rear HT Motorsports tubular suspension with coilovers and bump-steer kit
- Installation of nicer looking drilled/slotted Viper rotors for my 13" brake upgrade
- Installation of the Hella LED taillights in the stock Fiero housings
- "Whodeanie-style" rockers
- Misc. smaller bodywork (e.g. replacing the gutter guard in my grille and vents)

This will be the biggest upgrade to my Fiero at one time - exciting!

I will post pictures and progress here.

------------------

www.yellowfiero.com
17" DEZENT T wheels with 215/40 tires front and 235/45 rear, KONI shocks, EIBACH lowering springs, 13" Viper/Corvette brakes. PU dog bone, all bushings and engine mounts, K&N air and oil filters, battery relocated to front. Rebuilt&overbored 2.8 V6, BORLA exhaust. Mercedes SLK yellow paintjob, Mr. Mikes leather seats, door skins, shift and e-brake boots. MP3 deck and custom subwoofer behind passenger seat, F355 style front, Aus' Stage 2 side scoops, "Fie Ro" extractor front scoop. Fiero Store HD front and rear swaybars, strut tower brace, black carpet, air intake. Rodney Dickman's competition short shifter, Ultimate Getrag shift kit, SS vacuum lines and deck lid strut. Billet aluminum dash kit from Kitcarman.
Pictures: www.yellowfiero.com/fieropixnew/index.php
Modifications: www.yellowfiero.com/mods/index.php

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 11-16-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Congratulations Yellowstone !

Your amazing car just keeps getting better, and i can't wait to see it after the swap and the rockers !

You could not have picked a better guy than whodeanie to get the job done !
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
Awesome...

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate you...
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Going to be quite the transformation! Can't wait to see it
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
ADDED TO FAVORITES... (yelling because Im excited)

------------------
Steve
aka. SmoothGT
- NotAFieroAnyLonger
CURRENT BUILD:
" SmoothGT-'w8nc' "
1987 Fiero V8/hybrid
1999 Lexus SC-400

L67

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 219
User Banned

Report this Post11-15-2010 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post
Smart choice going with the 3800!
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
Awesome!!! I hope I get to see your car when I drop mine off for a little trim work
Brastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrasticClick Here to visit Brastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BrasticDirect Link to This Post
I cannot wait to here about how the 5-speed works out.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Oh man!!!
I've got to go up to Whodeanies and get fingerprints all over your car!!

I mean... I've got to go up and check out the progress.

Your car just keeps getting better.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
Should be fun
I have already started gathering parts for the swap. I am going to get all the swap parts and work done before the car comes to the shop to help streamline the build.
this has always been one of my favorite cars and now I get to add a little love of my own to it
D.
joesfiero

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroDirect Link to This Post
Good deal, planning on having it ready for Daytona 2011?

-Joe
PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2010 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
OK, just ordered from HT Motorsports:
- Front sport suspension (http://www.westshorefabrica...iero/KitCarSport.htm)
- Rear coil-over conversion kit (http://www.westshorefabrica...iero/CoilOverKit.htm)
- Rear bump-steer kit (http://www.westshorefabrica...Fiero-bump-steer.htm)

Also sent Dean a down-payment to get the engine and swap parts. Looks like the 3800 SC will be pulled from the Buick this coming weekend. Dean, take pictures!

It's moving along...

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 12-06-2010).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2010 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
I'm looking forward to seeing more on the Hella LED taillights.
So, you're not changing the stock tail light appearance?

L67

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 219
User Banned

Report this Post11-16-2010 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:
Looks like the 3800 SC will be pulled from the Buick this coming weekend.

Good, that means it will come with the better engineered Series III harmonic balancer.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2010 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Sounds like someone is building the ultimate Fiero.. Can't wait to see how this turns out!

The mods you are doing are the exact same that I want on my car
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2010 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

Sounds like someone is building the ultimate Fiero.. Can't wait to see how this turns out!

The mods you are doing are the exact same that I want on my car

me too!
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2010 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
I might have to find a way to "pop up" during this swap...

Yellowstone, I'm seriously jealous. I don't even care about the swap; its the suspension upgrades I want

---------------

Edit: what is going to happen to your old engine, suspension, and brake components ? I assume you're going to keep the Konis and use them with the new coilovers, correct? Going with a stronger rear swaybar as well, or are you keeping the one you've already installed?

Sorry about all the questions but this is sort of exciting. I think.

[This message has been edited by skuzzbomer (edited 11-16-2010).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2010 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
I'm starting to list future "leftover" parts from the engine and suspension upgrades in the Mall: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/054610.html

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 11-17-2010).]

PRFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2010 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PRFieroSend a Private Message to PRFieroDirect Link to This Post
what spring ratting will you be using on the back?
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2010 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PRFiero:

what spring ratting will you be using on the back?

350 pounds. That's the info I got from Erik at HTM based on what I want and on the 3800 SC engine that will go in the car.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2010 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Good choise taking it to Whodeanie. His work is second to none.
PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2010 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

Edit: what is going to happen to your old engine, suspension, and brake components ? I assume you're going to keep the Konis and use them with the new coilovers, correct? Going with a stronger rear swaybar as well, or are you keeping the one you've already installed?

I'm planning to reuse the rear Koni's and the Fiero Store HD rear swaybar that I have installed already. I guess the plain 13" Viper rotors will be up for sale as well (already redrilled for the Fiero bolt pattern).
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
OK, return flight ATL-MIA is booked! I will drop off my Fiero at Whodeanie Customs on 12/12!

I'm getting excited here! :-)

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 11-20-2010).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2010 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
I had urgent abdominal surgery last week and am now happily watching a 4 inch stapled scar heal under my right ribs plus a 3 inch one around the bellybutton. Plan to drop off the Fiero on 12/12 is unchanged but I wonder what airport security will make of my metal content.

The Regal engine didn't work out, seems like Dean will give me a 98 GTP engine from his own personal stash instead.

The suspension parts from HM are ready and will be shipped out this week.

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 11-29-2010).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2010 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
350# on the rear is what I'm running with my 3800SC back there as well. It's firm, I like it.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2010 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

I had urgent abdominal surgery last week and am now happily watching a 4 inch stapled scar hear under my right ribs plus a 3 inch one around the bellybutton.

Hmmm... that sounds fishy...tried to steal the remote control from yer wife again, didn't ya*?

Plan to drop off the Fiero on 12/12 is unchanged but I wonder what airport security will make of my metal content.

Tell them " The boss said he would make the
voices go away. He said he would go
inside and replace them with bright
lights. Like Christmas..."

Hope the engine swap goes smoothly!

*joking, hope you are ok, and recover soon.

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 11-29-2010).]

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2010 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
I can do those surgeries for you in the future...right on my kitchen table! That will save you some more money for your projects!!! Hope your healing is expeditious.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 11-30-2010).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2010 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

I had urgent abdominal surgery last week and am now happily watching a 4 inch stapled scar heal under my right ribs plus a 3 inch one around the bellybutton. Plan to drop off the Fiero on 12/12 is unchanged but I wonder what airport security will make of my metal content.

Still going to have the staples at that point?
Tell them that you had recent surgery, and that they damn well better not injure you.

I hope you heal quickly.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2010 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, the staples come out a day after I get back. Right now, I really look like a stuffed pig ready to be roasted. Lost 8 lbs. in 8 days, too...

Originally posted by Raydar:

Still going to have the staples at that point?
Tell them that you had recent surgery, and that they damn well better not injure you.

I hope you heal quickly.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2010 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
I have started to build the headers so they will be ready in time. I have one side done and starting on the other I will need to wait on the crosover pipe till I get your trans to make sure everything clears.
so far I have the motor, Harness and the computer for your car. I will be starting the re build next week once I finish the headers. the mounts will be ready this week and I have also bought other parts needed for the swap already as well. so far things are looking great.
get well soon, and no roasting the pig! LOL!
D.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2010 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
Cool! Pix, I want pix!!!!
PFF
System Bot
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2010 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

the mounts will be ready this week, get well soon, and no roasting the pig! LOL!
D.

HI all

Whodeanie, are u making the mounts, or buying them?

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2010 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post

pavo_roddy

4351 posts
Member since Apr 2004

The Regal engine didn't work out, seems like Dean will give me a 98 GTP engine from his own personal stash instead.

HI all

Hehe, do I see a New Avatar, of the same variety if your near future???? Inquiring minds wanna know!!

Disclaimer: I in NO way take any responsiblity in the speeding actions of a certain guy and his Proud Yellow car!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
yesterday we got the motor on the stand so I could start cleaning and rebuilding the motor. I have one side of the headers done and I will also work on the other side to get it done.
this is how it starts. Ugly and dirty, LOL
D.

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2010 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the project cannot proceed. I have to apologize to Dean for the inconvenience caused. He´s been really nice about it and is now trying to sell the swap parts he already purchased for me since I need to money urgently.

Anybody interested please contact Dean.

I'm also selling the suspension parts I just purchased. The parts are brand new and right now on the way from West Shore Fabricators (formerly HT Motorsports) to Dean in GA. Look in the Mall: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/054880.html

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 12-06-2010).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock