Started on: 11-10-2010 08:04 AM
Replies: 17
Last post by: phonedawgz on 11-10-2010 07:41 PM
paulcal

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for paulcalSend a Private Message to paulcalDirect Link to This Post
I guess with the big budgets that movies command these days it makes sense that they don't destroy a fleet of Ferrari's a week but destroying Fiero's instead? Arrrrrrrrggggh. I can only hope that he's using junk yard stock.
http://www.wired.com/underw...Feedfetcher& pid=1272

------------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!"

[This message has been edited by paulcal (edited 11-10-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
Time to get Ferrari involved. They HATE people who make Ferrari replicas from a Fiero...

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
I would gladly trade them my Fiero for a Ferrari. They can do what ever they want with it once it's in their hands.

Sorry guys
jon m

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

I would gladly trade them my Fiero for a Ferrari. They can do what ever they want with it once it's in their hands.

Sorry guys

TRAITOR!!!! ( only joking )

anyone would do the same, however you still got to love a fiero
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post
Rumble in the Bronx. Remember the lambo they snatched the doors off us and ran under a hover craft? Can you say Fiero kit car?
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
From just that front shot, if that is indeed a Testarossa replica, it looks to be a well put together one.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
The movie "The Rock".... the destroyed 355 was a Fiero and this is the kit that started the craze for 355s.

J.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Anyone else remember that corvette limo in the one pic.... mystery men, Casanova Frankenstein cruised in that thing
TONY_C

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TONY_CSend a Private Message to TONY_CDirect Link to This Post
In The Glass House, the Ferrari that gets destroyed on a California mountain road is a Fiero, as the cop car goes by you can see the AC accumulator under the torn off hood and the Fiero dash clearly.
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post

GADJet

1466 posts
Member since Sep 2010

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

The movie "The Rock".... the destroyed 355 was a Fiero and this is the kit that started the craze for 355s.

J.

Oh yeah, watch the end where the kit comes apart when the trolley smashes it.
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Hollywood has long had a big appetite for destroying cars.
The Dukes of Hazzard TV show destroyed over 300 '68-'69 Dodge Chargers during the show's run. (typicaly 1 or 2 were destroyed for each episode) By the end of the show's run, Chargers were getting so hard to find, they started using 1/8th scale miniatures for the jumps instead.
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
I don't know if I would trade my fiero for a ferrari...you know I probably would but then I'd sell it...I hate ferrari as a company...from suing people to doing stuff to the cars they own...to suing people for making kits ( which I can kind of understand but I think there would have been a better way to handle that such as making sure there were differences minute but still differences and or at least not being badged as a proper ferrari ) to not letting you keep the cars you buy...literally you buy a car from them and you keep it. Now I'd sell my family for the new lambo...all carbon fiber.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GADJet:

Oh yeah, watch the end where the kit comes apart when the trolley smashes it.

Like a snake shedding its skin!
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
Hollywood is just trying to increase the value of you cars. 40 down and 40,000 more till they make a dent.

There is no comparison for a Fiero to a 458. In fact few cars can compare to the 458. The only fail on this car is the turn signals on the wheel. Ferrari got this one right. It is the best looking Ferarri since the 308 or 288.

In a world of rip offs I can not blaime them for protecting their designs. Heck Harley even tried to secure the full rights to the sound of their V twin that others are using and trying to pass off as a Harley look alike.

Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
harley stole all their crap in the first place...
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
The number of Fieros destroyed by Hollywood probably doesn't even compare to the number destroyed by everyday Fiero owners. The term "drop in a bucket" comes to mind.
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
Yep back in 1919,

and they are still making it.

Oh

And they can keep it too.

Originally posted by Hockaday:

harley stole all their crap in the first place...

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock