Hi Performance 2.5? by formulaWA
Started on: 11-08-2010 12:21 AM
Replies: 14
Last post by: Fierosmith on 11-08-2010 11:59 PM
formulaWA

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for formulaWASend a Private Message to formulaWADirect Link to This Post
Interesting

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...&hash=item230b7955f7

In one of the picture it says it comes with all the options including the hi performance engine. Hmmm wonder what the regular performance engine was then?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post
I have seen this ad before
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
It said Special Performance Package, RPO code WS6, I'm pretty sure that has to do with stiffer spring rates and revalued shocks.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
He'd get better responses if he could spell... idiot.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I dont get it. People hold onto these things and think that a low miles fiero (especaly a duke) these days is worth a gold mine. i could see if it was an 88 Gt but its not.
McTamney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for McTamneySend a Private Message to McTamneyDirect Link to This Post
did fieros have power steering?
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
i think a few had power steering but was never introduced to market...pretty sure. guess the 88s were never really produced with electric power steering or w/e. apparently this has it for testing?

------------------
Cliff's 610th Positive Feedback Giver.
#12 NYFOC Member
In recent times, the custom aftermarket car/automobile roadwheel has become a status symbol. These wheels are often incorrectly referred to as "rims". The term "rim" is incorrect because the rim is only the outer portion of a wheel (where the tire is mounted )

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
nice car... if I had the money and was looking, I would think it isn't out of line.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by McTamney:

did fieros have power steering?

Only 2 had power assist. they were both yellow 88 GT's one ended up at a tech school and i dont know where the other ended up. However. The zimmer quicksilver did come with power steering.
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
Wow.. A clean car, but not a collectors special edition.. It's an 85 base model coupe.. About 6 of them in the junkyard up here.
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
Only 2 had power assist. they were both yellow 88 GT's one ended up at a tech school and i dont know where the other ended up. However. The zimmer quicksilver did come with power steering.

At first, only base models were to get EHPS (Electro-Hydraulic Power Steering). I don't know why, though. Had to do with something with it wasn't working right with the V6.
PFF
System Bot
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
And WTF is this?

Options:
Trip/Mileage Computer,

mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

And WTF is this?

Options:
Trip/Mileage Computer,

Not sure, but there was actually a "Rally Computer" Option that was planned to be released in 86 models, it's in the most recent issue of "Fiero Focus", some 86 owners have found a 8-pin connector on the right side of the dash for it. It was to be mounted were the dash map pocket is. Never made it into production though. I think it was designed to show time, mileage, distance, and maybe a few other things. But it was troublesome with the slow stock ECM, it updated to slowly to be practical, and there wasn't much interest by the public for it either.
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
I'm quite certain he's talking the trip odometer considering the other exaggerated features.

So how does one put 500 miles on a car with no title?

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 11-08-2010).]

Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithDirect Link to This Post
Couldnt be for sure... but it looks like (judging by the pics) some of the recall items have not been done.

Guess since it wasn't really driven, then the recall updates probably were not thought to be necessary.

however it is refreshing to see an actual Original example....

Jim

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock