Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Anyone know where I can find a larger and clearer pic of this poster?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Anyone know where I can find a larger and clearer pic of this poster? by theBDub
Started on: 11-05-2010 11:35 PM
Replies: 21
Last post by: theBDub on 11-08-2010 09:18 PM
theBDub

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2010 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Just curious to see if anyone has something like this on their computer in a higher resolution or at least clearer. Most of the Google pics I could find of it were removed off the respective servers.

[This message has been edited by theBDub (edited 11-05-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2010 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
If you do find this, please post a link.

Nolan
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2010 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post

Sourmug

4538 posts
Member since Sep 2002
oops! double post...
Nolan

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 11-05-2010).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sourmug:

oops! double post...
Nolan

Lol! Double post 10 minutes apart???

Hehehe

I WILL update the thread if I find anything. But I can't so far. Still looking around.

On Google images I keep finding them, then when I click the link, it shows that the pic was deleted.

UGH!

I already have two Fiero posters in my little dorm room but this would just be awesome.
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
someone with PS experience and the appropriate program / add on could increase the res...not quite sure how well that works...i've been staying away from PS lol.
shawnk

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
i found this through google
shawnk

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkDirect Link to This Post

shawnk

968 posts
Member since Mar 2008
found these as well

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

Lol! Double post 10 minutes apart???

Hehehe

I WILL update the thread if I find anything. But I can't so far. Still looking around.

On Google images I keep finding them, then when I click the link, it shows that the pic was deleted.

UGH!

I already have two Fiero posters in my little dorm room but this would just be awesome.

Yup, I was talking to my wife and got side tracked, hit the back button and reposted.

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 11-06-2010).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shawnk:

i found this through google

YES! That's a good one. Thanks!

The others are great too but I already knew about them! Thanks though brother!
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryDirect Link to This Post
I've never seen any of those (except for one of them). A while ago I started a thread called "Fieros in Advertisements Gallery" here: www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/079847.html
You guys should post these new pictures in there to keep them all in one searchable place.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
I have that "page" in a frame in the garage. 8.5 x 11 It is from a article promoting the Fiero.
I got it off ebay a while ago.
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
I cleaned and sharpened it up. Too bad about the writing, its more work than I can do but it would have made a nice picture for my office wall if it wasn't for the writing.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Ok, so I was bored this morning I fired up Photoshop and "re-created" the poster. The only High-Resolution I could find of Fiero from this angle, was one of Tyler's Toy, and just "painted" it red. The major drawback is that the rims are not stock. Other than that, I think it came out pretty good.

It was time consuming to say the least! Trying to find the correct fonts, as well as all of the logo's for GM, the seat belt logo, and the Pontiac Logo. The most time consuming part is I could not find the "Pontiac" logo in the top right ANYWHERE, except on the original posters above. I had to fix that one almost pixel by pixel.

Hopefully someone will find it of use.

Here is the "forum friendly version"

The larger version is below:

The image is 1200 x 1569 saved as .png format
EDIT:

Just for the heck of it, I uploaded a version of Tyler's Toy with the REAL paint job

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-06-2010).]

chrismclubm

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmDirect Link to This Post
These photos remind me of the good old times I had with my Fiero

------------------

- For Fiero Articles, Magazines, and Prototype Photos, visit: GT.ppdictionary.com

- Free Biology Homework Help, Laboratory Assistance, Referencing, Animations, Tutorials, & Much More! Visit: Biology-forums.com Join for Free!
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post
my first attempt. just cleaned it up, got rid of all the words from the back that bled thru. used the first image posted by shawnk. color got a little messed up, but i used automatic settings

attempt number 2

[nevermind]

[This message has been edited by faaaaq (edited 11-06-2010).]

RRobinson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RRobinsonSend a Private Message to RRobinsonDirect Link to This Post
Ha. I too have that framed in my shop. I had it done around 1995 from a car and driver from 88. That is absolutely one of my favorite ads. There was a series of them that sort of match featuring other pontiacs from the late 80s early 90s. Very cool.

------------------
88 GT 5-Speed...5K orig
88 GT Auto...42K orig
87 GT 5-Speed, Blue...18K orig
87 GT 5-Speed...55K orig

RRobinson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RRobinsonSend a Private Message to RRobinsonDirect Link to This Post

RRobinson

398 posts
Member since Dec 2000
Ha. I too have that framed in my shop. I had it done around 1995 from a car and driver from 88. That is absolutely one of my favorite ads. There was a series of them that sort of match featuring other pontiacs from the late 80s early 90s. Very cool.

------------------
88 GT 5-Speed...5K orig
88 GT Auto...42K orig
87 GT 5-Speed, Blue...18K orig
87 GT 5-Speed...55K orig

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Ok, so I was bored this morning I fired up Photoshop and "re-created" the poster. The only High-Resolution I could find of Fiero from this angle, was one of Tyler's Toy, and just "painted" it red. The major drawback is that the rims are not stock. Other than that, I think it came out pretty good.

It was time consuming to say the least! Trying to find the correct fonts, as well as all of the logo's for GM, the seat belt logo, and the Pontiac Logo. The most time consuming part is I could not find the "Pontiac" logo in the top right ANYWHERE, except on the original posters above. I had to fix that one almost pixel by pixel.

Hopefully someone will find it of use.

Here is the "forum friendly version"

The larger version is below:

The image is 1200 x 1569 saved as .png format
EDIT:

Just for the heck of it, I uploaded a version of Tyler's Toy with the REAL paint job

WOW man, these are GREAT!

Definitely going to save these and print off some posters sometime soon. Thank you SO much. This was above and beyond what I had hoped for. This is great!

[This message has been edited by theBDub (edited 11-07-2010).]

Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
LOl, ya gotta love the line, GT's high reving V6, da were they talking about the same engine?
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

WOW man, these are GREAT!
Definitely going to save these and print off some posters sometime soon. Thank you SO much. This was above and beyond what I had hoped for. This is great!

If you are going to print one of the one's I re-did, let me know, as I have much higher resolutions ones here. The ones I posted here are only 72 dpi and would not print that great. I have them in 300 dpi format here. You could probably do a full size movie poster size and it would still look great. I didn't post the hi-res ones, as they are pretty large files, and not sure where to stick them

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

JohnWPB

5182 posts
Member since May 2009
Ok, I got a couple of IM's and an email asking for the high res version. I stuck it on DataFileHost.com. There are no Captch's, just click to download. I do no know how long they keep their files, so grab it now if you want it.

The image is in .png format, so fairly lossless. It is 7.5 Megs and is 300 DPI, suitable for making a nice decent sized print.

I also scoured Google Images, and found some honeycomb rims, and did my best to replace the ones in the poster with those for the stock look.

Here is a LOW RESOLUTION preview of it with the stock rims:

You can download the large version here:
http://www.datafilehost.com/download-509572eb.html

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-08-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I'm VERY impressed! Thank you again for all of this. It's a work of art.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock