Pennocks Image Poster DO IT NOW!!! by DLCLK87GT
Started on: 11-05-2010 06:11 PM
Replies: 35
Last post by: Terry_w on 11-15-2010 01:28 PM
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2010 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
OK so I’ve been one of those guys posting from PhotoBucket and I finally downloaded the image poster and I’m so glad I did. It was sort of a pita at first but after using it a couple times it’s a piece of cake. And best part, NO MORE RED X’s in anything I post pictures to…not that anybody really cares about my stuff but some of you post great things but with pictures that go away after time which makes them useless. So just download it now and use it so we can all benefit from your postings for years to come!!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
BtotheB

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2010 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBDirect Link to This Post
+1
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2010 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I agree Red x's make the archive useless.

And for those that can't get PFF to work the web-based www.myfiero.com (also run by Cliff) works for nearly everybody
123mmmyFIERO

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-05-2010 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 123mmmyFIEROSend a Private Message to 123mmmyFIERODirect Link to This Post
still too hard for me.. tried it again, i give up for good...im sticken with the bucket sorry... 123
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2010 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

For those of you who missed this informative thread... Please Help Fight the Red X
DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 123mmmyFIERO:

still too hard for me.. tried it again, i give up for good...im sticken with the bucket sorry... 123

I had some trouble with the instructions...they were harder to figure out then the program itself. Maybe i'll post a "how to" because it really is a snap, much better than PB.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
How can anyone not understand the web based version?
123mmmyFIERO

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-07-2010 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 123mmmyFIEROSend a Private Message to 123mmmyFIERODirect Link to This Post
that would work for me... thanks 123
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post
Whats wrong with photobucket?
paulcal

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulcalSend a Private Message to paulcalDirect Link to This Post
Does PIP work with Linux?

------------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!"

2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

Whats wrong with photobucket?

The pics eventually expire and the thread ends up with the useless red Xs
PFF
System Bot
La fiera

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraDirect Link to This Post
I have tried God knows how many times. I can post pictures and videos in other forums but here it has been impossible; I also gave up on it.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I don't get it...

How can this be difficult??

Cliff makes it easier than 99% of the forums out there by hosting the pics for FREE on his own server. All you have to do is upload them to his server. He provides a FREE program and a web based loader for those that are not running Windows based computers. It doesn't get any easier than that.

You can continue to use photobucket and any of the other thousands of web servers, but years from now when you have let those accounts expire your threads in the archive will be worthless.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

I don't get it...

How can this be difficult??

Cliff makes it easier than 99% of the forums out there by hosting the pics for FREE on his own server. All you have to do is upload them to his server. He provides a FREE program and a web based loader for those that are not running Windows based computers. It doesn't get any easier than that.

You can continue to use photobucket and any of the other thousands of web servers, but years from now when you have let those accounts expire your threads in the archive will be worthless.

Well, let's put it this way. Not all of us are computer literate. Have no computer friends close by that will help and quite frankly, have low tolerance for a lot of computer mumbo jumbo. Maybe I'm just stupid but, I've never figured out how to make PIP work. Therefore, I've never posted a picture. But, I surely do enjoy when others post theirs. To me, it's magic. Does that help you understand? I've tried multiple times and now don't give a hoot.

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 11-07-2010).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

blackrams

31841 posts
Member since Feb 2003

How can anyone not understand the web based version?

Not really trying to make friends with this one, huh?

I repeat.

Originally posted by blackrams:

I've tried multiple times and now don't give a hoot.

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 11-07-2010).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Well, let's put it this way. Not all of us are computer literate. Have no computer friends close by that will help and quite frankly, have low tolerance for a lot of computer mumbo jumbo. Maybe I'm just stupid but, I've never figured out how to make PIP work. Therefore, I've never posted a picture. But, I surely do enjoy when others post theirs. To me, it's magic. Does that help you understand? I've tried multiple times and now don't give a hoot.

Ron

It's a free country... to each his own, feel free to post picture-less all you want.

But I still don't understand how anyone capable of getting on the internet doesn't understand how to click a mouse button.

My computer here is on lock down and I can't install PIP... but myfiero.com works like a charm

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 11-08-2010).]

DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
i think the problem was the instalation of the image poster. Using the image poster is a snap. I'm going to do a step by step...sort of image poster for dummies later today so there will be no excuse.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
You don't need to install anything to use myfiero.com. I just posted the step by step instructions. It's ridiculously easy. (okay there is another step you have to copy and paste) The pics get uploaded to Cliff's server just as if you had used PIP.

If people can't understand this I wonder if they should be allowed sharp instruments or to leave the house unsupervised?

DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post

If people can't understand this I wonder if they should be allowed sharp instruments or to leave the house unsupervised?

LOL, Maybe. But sometimes the simplest things can seem very complicated if you've never done it before.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DLCLK87GT:

LOL, Maybe. But sometimes the simplest things can seem very complicated if you've never done it before.

There are most likely numerous things that could be done in error. Or maybe there's a firewall issue, I don't know. I've basically learned what I know on my own. It could be that I made the same mistake repeatedly. It's most likely something very simple that I overlooked or did incorrectly. I don't know I only know that after three attempts, I finally gave up. I also know that I am not alone in having problems getting PIP to work. So, I don't feel like the Lone Ranger.

Still having fun I see.

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 11-08-2010).]

86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post

Still having fun I see.

Ron

He's talking about www.myfiero.com NOT PIP there. It is the same realm of difficulty as other image hosters like photobucket. If you can use photobucket, you can use www.myfiero.com. The difference is www.myfiero.com hosts pictures on cliff's server, so they stay there for eternity.

EDIT: Even though it's linked three times, the computer illiterate might be confused that you have to click on the imagehost tab. So.... here is the direct link that will cut you down on one more mouse click: http://www.myfiero.com/imagehost.php

And so you don't miss it:
http://www.myfiero.com/imagehost.php

[This message has been edited by 86fierofun (edited 11-09-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
What makes you think that photobucket has a more secure future than any URL?
One disgruntled employee or a hacker could wipe the lot get sold off or just directory restructure could make your links useless.
I would not expect or even ask cliff to host the images as the bandwidth could blow out to terabytes of traffic in years to come.
Is their any free image hosting software that works that can be installed? How much bandwidth would we really be using? And does it support hot linking? Sure i am all for the features but thinking more into it.
sabooo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 05:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
I get more frustrated by the size limits on PIP. I dont need to post 3mb files, but a 300k image shows an awful lot more detail than a 100k one.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Over the years Cliff has increased the size limits on his server. It used to be 600 pixels wide. I personally asked him to bump it to 640 and he did. I'm' not sure what it's at now, but I typically try to stay under 800 pixels wide.

Cliff also told me that his software automatically compresses the images so that don't take up too much room. With the steady increase in harddrive space I don't think that is an issue.

The bigger issue is the bandwidth. All those pictures are eating up his resources, so it you do upload a bunch of images to his server you should buy him a beer every now and then.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sabooo:

I get more frustrated by the size limits on PIP. I dont need to post 3mb files, but a 300k image shows an awful lot more detail than a 100k one.

Well, you're in luck then because the file size limits on PIP are 307200 bytes.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
I did it today...and I will do it again tomorrow! Af if the wife allows me I will do it again the next day!

I finally got the image poster working on my new computer...
Terry_w

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

What makes you think that photobucket has a more secure future than any URL?
One disgruntled employee or a hacker could wipe the lot get sold off or just directory restructure could make your links useless.
I would not expect or even ask cliff to host the images as the bandwidth could blow out to terabytes of traffic in years to come.
Is their any free image hosting software that works that can be installed? How much bandwidth would we really be using? And does it support hot linking? Sure i am all for the features but thinking more into it.

As someone else posted in another red x thread (and I believe they are correct). It uses twice the bandwidth if you put your images on Photobucket or other outside sites because the the image has to be brought into Cliff's server and then sent to the viewer. If it already on Cliff's server it does not need the bandwidth to bring it in. It does increase the storage space needed but storage is cheap nowadays.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

+1 for the Gov!

tesmith66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2010 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
I still, after many years, cannot get PIP to work. I have tried it on several computers at several different locations and I always get the same failure:

Run-time error '13':
Type Mismatch

This pops up and PIP fails on start. Just downloaded it and it did it again.

What am I doing wrong?

------------------
1986 SE 350 V8

Terry_w

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2010 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wDirect Link to This Post
I never get errors so I am only guessing but it could mean that the image file you are trying to upload are the wrong file "type". The name of your file is xxxxxx.??? the question marks are the file extension (type). Mine are .JPG but I think you can also use .GIF ( I think that's the only ones compatible with PIP).
PFF
System Bot
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2010 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
For the record, myfiero.com does NOT belong to nor is it operated by Cliff, it belongs to isthiswhereiputusername here on PFF. He is the one who hosts the server for Cliff's PIP and also for myfiero.com, so they are on the same server. However, Cliff backs up PIP images and has nothing to do with myfiero.com's, so if (when) the server does go down, PIP's images will still exist and myfiero.com's will be lost.

I recently had a thread which caused this information to come to light and clarified through PM's with Cliff and itwipu (for short). Hopefully this will help stop the spread of misinformation.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2010 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALLTRBO:

I recently had a thread which caused this information to come to light and clarified through PM's with Cliff and itwipu (for short). Hopefully this will help stop the spread of misinformation.

Thanks for the clarification.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2010 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Terry_w:

As someone else posted in another red x thread (and I believe they are correct). It uses twice the bandwidth if you put your images on Photobucket or other outside sites because the the image has to be brought into Cliff's server and then sent to the viewer. If it already on Cliff's server it does not need the bandwidth to bring it in. It does increase the storage space needed but storage is cheap nowadays.

It sure does increase the bandwidth i have had one page move 20 gig in a day and the page itself was about 20kb. If the image is 300 meg it will use 300 meg to bring it up.
tesmith66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2010 06:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Terry_w:

I never get errors so I am only guessing but it could mean that the image file you are trying to upload are the wrong file "type". The name of your file is xxxxxx.??? the question marks are the file extension (type). Mine are .JPG but I think you can also use .GIF ( I think that's the only ones compatible with PIP).

I never get that far. The program won't even start.

------------------
1986 SE 350 V8

Terry_w

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

It sure does increase the bandwidth i have had one page move 20 gig in a day and the page itself was about 20kb. If the image is 300 meg it will use 300 meg to bring it up.

If you re-read my post I said it "does not need the bandwidth to bring it in" (from the outside server like photobucket). Of course it will need the bandwidth to send it to the user but it should cut the bandwidth needed in half because it eliminates the step where it gets the file from the outside server.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock