Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  So someone on another forum tells me all engine swaps are not EPA legal (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
So someone on another forum tells me all engine swaps are not EPA legal by pontiackid86
Started on: 11-03-2010 09:21 PM
Replies: 53
Last post by: lonewolf_305 on 11-06-2010 06:26 PM
brandon87gt

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2010 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brandon87gtSend a Private Message to brandon87gtDirect Link to This Post
Then a box of rocks should fit right in.
IP: Logged
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2010 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Well, CAFE is basically the new CARB.

Just curious do you work for the EPA?
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
My Fiero is mine not the property of some corrupt government bureaucrat who is interested in exercising more government control over our lives so that they can stuff their pockets with money.
I paid for my car with my money and its my property. As long as I am a peaceful citizen I'll do what I please with it. They can kiss my ass

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

My Fiero is mine not the property of some corrupt government bureaucrat who is interested in exercising more government control over our lives so that they can stuff their pockets with money.
I paid for my car with my money and its my property. As long as I am a peaceful citizen I'll do what I please with it. They can kiss my ass

Calm down Dennis, calm down.

dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post11-06-2010 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

I'm sorry but you did not pay for the air that I or the other 6 billion people on this planet breathe. You don't own the roadways, the air, the trees, the mountains. Your life and that of your car are not immutable. The laws aren't perfect, but neither are you. It has nothing to do with government control over your life. I'm sure the tin foil headliner in your Fiero protects you from that very well.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post11-06-2010 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

dobey

11572 posts
Member since Sep 2001

Originally posted by jscott1:
Just curious do you work for the EPA?

No, but I would be happy to consult for them and show them what it means to have some cojones.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by brandon87gt:

Then a box of rocks should fit right in.

I know. So why dont you gussy right up and move over there you worthless POS.

The only time i ever see you posting is when it comes to somthing about me. Im stright dude.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 11-06-2010).]

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

This is exactley what I'm saying. I think emmission's BS is exactley what i said BS PA wants to fail you because your getting 10MPG when your suposed to be getting 20 MPG personaly i think this is there way of phasing out pre OBD2 cars.
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

They can kiss my ass

Classy, Dennis, real classy. Sigh. (I know. You don't care, etc., etc.)
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

Classy, Dennis, real classy. Sigh. (I know. You don't care, etc., etc.)

When it comes to your driving freedom; if you want to get down and lick the boots of corrupt elected officials that give our tax money to their criminal friends on Wall Street and those that hire even more corrupt bureaucrats, enjoy your slavery you've earned it.
------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 11-06-2010).]

Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post
You're entitled to your opinion, Dennis, whether I agree with it or not. I already made it clear that what I object to is the crude and inappropriate way you chose to express yourself.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 11-06-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

You're entitled to your opinion, Dennis, whether I agree with it or not. I already made it clear that what I object to is the crude and inappropriate way you chose to express yourself.

What I object to is the crude and inappropriate way that our politicans give away our tax moeny to their criminal friends on Wall Street. No obsenity would do those low life people justice as their behavior is more than obsene...and they've got the nerve to tell us how to build our cars. No way!.
------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 11-06-2010).]

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

This is what i get for going to a ricer type website i already feel my brain starting to melt

He is basicley saying that (for example) since the 3800SC is not certied to be in a fiero by the EPA that it is an illegal swap and you can get in trouble for it.

I find it really hard to beleave that this is true considering that the 3800 is a much more efficient motor than the 2.8.

Discuss.

When it comes to engine swaps the phrase "Check Your Local Laws" Applies in all cases.

Depends on where you live as to what you can do. This applies in some states right down to the county.

lonewolf_305

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lonewolf_305Send a Private Message to lonewolf_305Direct Link to This Post
didnt one of those car shows on spike do a build that was 50 state leagle. i think all it has to be is of the model year of the car its going in or newer of the same brand and all the emmisions have to work of the donor engine. but that begs the ? what about crate engines a carbed 350 is not going to give the same emmisions as my old duke. but then agin i live in upstate ny and as long as the car is 95 or older it dont matter heck evean then theres enough back woods shopes that i can go to.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock