Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Another Fiero owner who thinks he has gold!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Another Fiero owner who thinks he has gold! by ALJR
Started on: 10-28-2010 04:29 PM
Replies: 32
Last post by: deezil on 10-31-2010 06:21 PM
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
Just saw this on ebay... I wouldn't normally care or posy about it. But I was looking through the pictures he posted; anyone notice anything unusual about the under side pictures?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...&hash=item588a8dfded

Classic newb mistake!

http://autolivery.com/asset...rs/JP219993-47sm.jpg
http://autolivery.com/asset...rs/JP219993-46sm.jpg

[This message has been edited by ALJR (edited 10-28-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
temulance

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for temulanceSend a Private Message to temulanceDirect Link to This Post
Took me a while but I see it now!! LOL Crushing the pipes with the lift!!! I WIN!!!!
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
It is a very nice fiero and deserves to catch premium price but he has been dropped on his head if he thinks hes getting that for it.
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
VEHICLE OPTIONS
INTERIOR
Center Arm Rest
Front Bucket Seats
Interval Wipers
Remote Trunk Lid
Tachometer

EXTERIOR
Air Dam
Body Side Moldings
Hidden Headlights

SAFETY
4-Wheel Disc Brakes
4-Wheel Independent Suspension
Power Brakes

ENGINE/DRIVE TRAIN
Rear Wheel Drive

edit:
I've thought of adding warning tape to the lines. If they damage the tape, you can see it easier by the scuffing.

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 10-28-2010).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Email them and ask if they will replace the cooling tubes they crushed if you buy it.

Then suggest its worth 1/2 of what they are asking...but hey if someone pays that, more power to em.

I wonder if they want a fully restored and mildly modified 1966 Dodge. Id take $125,000 out the door with no warranty....
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
I think he has Gold - someone just might pay that much for an unmolested 88GT with T-Tops and low miles. The only ding in my mind is that huge alarm keypad from the 80's that he has bolted to the dash.
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:

I think he has Gold - someone just might pay that much for an unmolested 88GT with T-Tops and low miles. The only ding in my mind is that huge alarm keypad from the 80's that he has bolted to the dash.

When you find that person, send him my way. I have some ocean front property in Utah i'll sell him for a good price...
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Is that what the later style catalytic converters looked like, or has it already been replaced?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I don't see anywhere that the pipes were crushed.
The lift pad is lifting against the bottom edge of the body seam in the front, and the floorpan in the back.
Still not the best jacking points, but I don't think they've hurt anything.

Still way too much money, IMHO.

------------------
Raydar
88 4.9 Formula IMSA Fasback..........................88 3.4 coupe - going...going... gone to a new home.

Read Nealz Nuze! Praise the Lowered!

ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I don't see anywhere that the pipes were crushed.
The lift pad is lifting against the bottom edge of the body seam in the front, and the floorpan in the back.
Still not the best jacking points, but I don't think they've hurt anything.

Still way too much money, IMHO.

Maybe not crushed, but definatly dented... That seam is not the strongest point to jack on...
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:

I really want that keypad..
PFF
System Bot
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2010 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
I sent the seller a gentle note regarding lifting procedures...

"Just a quick FYI....You do realize that whoever put it on the lift may have just crushed one of the coolant tubes, correct? It would be a good idea to inspect it to ensure that the car doesn't overheat now. It is imperative that correct jacking / lift procedures be followed on these cars so as not to damage the cooling tubes. "

We'll see how he responds.
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2010 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Frizlefrak

2921 posts
Member since Aug 2003
OK....his response.....

Dear frizlefrak,

We put it on the lift and were very careful as we are with all our vehicles in service, as we regularly service Ferrari and Porsche models with similar coolant and oil lines to be careful of. There are no issues with any cooling lines.

Carver1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2010 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
Remind me to never buy a Ferrari from them....

------------------
88 GT "The Stray" 4.9L
86 GT 2.8L 4 speed
85 Sport 2.8 4 speed (trailer donor)
07 Solstice GXP 2.0L turbo
08 GMC Sierra 3500 Duramax Dually.
05 Tahoe on 20's (Kid hauler)

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2010 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm, apparently they didn't bother looking up the jacking points... check, it doesn't take a ASE mechanic to figure out where the jacking points are on a car. I am guessing they are jacking where the jack goes, but that isn't very strong.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2010 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Crushed coolant tubes add character to Fieros.
aconesa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2010 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aconesaSend a Private Message to aconesaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Email them and ask if they will replace the cooling tubes they crushed if you buy it.

I sent in an email and they claim the car was lifted correctly. What an idiot.

Abe

Dear aconesa,

The car was lifted correctly and the coolant lines are in perfect undamaged condition. Thank you for your concern but you are mistaken.

Thanks, Jason Burkhart
513-738-1115 office
513-324-2717 cell
www.autolivery.com
sales@autolivery.com
- autolivery Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: autolivery
Subject: Vehicle condition: aconesa sent a message about Pontiac : Fiero #380281683437
Sent Date: Oct-29-10 13:59:51 PDT

Dear autolivery,

Just an FYI, I would look over the condition of the coolant pipes that run under the vehicle. There is a clear shot where the lift is holding the vehicles in the incorrect spots. The Fiero will most likely overheat on the next long drive because your technician raised the vehicle improperly. I recommend that you state that in the discription. You will most likely be sued because of the damage the tech cause.

- aconesa

[This message has been edited by aconesa (edited 10-29-2010).]

Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2010 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Well, that's two of us ( at least ) that have emailed the seller and pointed out the lifting issue. I'm betting he will get tired of fielding this particular question at some point
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2010 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
I'm curious if the correct floormats come with it.....the ones in the pic are not beechwood. It's also too bad it doesn't have leather....I know, it *does* have lumbar, but leather is better IMO. Is it worth $20K? No, but at least they aren't asking an ungodly amount either. It's a tough market right now, but I would pay $12-$13K for it if it had leather.
turboguy327

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2010 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
Power trunk release, Rear window wipers, Rear window defroster, Trunk lamp, Passenger visor mirror, and Floormats.

Has a rear wiper too.... Very rare option. Even more rare than the t-tops isnt it??
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2010 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
nice truck seal.

I wonder after all these years-does the seat bladder work?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-29-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2010 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
Here ya go......same car on Craigslist for a more realistic price:

http://cincinnati.craigslis.../cto/1994176289.html

I wonder why they listed it at $20K on eBay instead of just asking what they already have it listed at? It's a nice car and $13,500 is a fair starting price, although this one is just as nice. It has a few more miles, but is a 5-speed.

http://fortmyers.craigslist.../cto/1990612692.html
autolivery

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2010 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for autoliverySend a Private Message to autoliveryDirect Link to This Post
I'm happy to see everyone is interested in our Fiero, and of course everyone is entitled to their opinion. Thank you for the heads up regarding this forum and everyone's concerns. As I stated, the coolant lines are 100% undamaged. The vehicle was lifted at the pinch welds of the unibody adjacent to the coolant lines in the front of the vehicle. In fact, the lifting pads didn't even make contact with the lines as the dirt on them isn't even disturbed. I see everyone is enjoying poking fun at an apparent mistake, however we do know what we are doing as we specialize in special cars and this isn't our first Fiero or rear/mid engine car on the lift. I took the liberty of taking photos of the coolant lines and would be happy to email them to anyone who has a serious interest in the vehicle and has concerns regarding the lines. When I tell people interested in my auction the lines are undamaged, I say it because it is true, not because that's what people want to hear. We are a family owned business run with integrity for over 30 years. The car is a very special car with perfect pedigree. We paid a premium price for a premium car. I will put it up against anything out there. It is probably the lowest mileage T-Top car out there. If you don't think it is worth my asking price, I understand, but I doubt anyone could replicate it for any price. I will now defer to the naysayers out there to pick me apart. Anyone who is interested in making me a serious offer for the car is of course encouraged to do so. I am willing to work on the price.

Jason Burkhart
Sales Manager
The Auto Livery
www.autolivery.com
sales@autolivery.com
513-738-1115 office
513-324-2717 cell
autolivery

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2010 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for autoliverySend a Private Message to autoliveryDirect Link to This Post

autolivery

2 posts
Member since Oct 2010

Originally posted by madcurl:

nice truck seal.

I wonder after all these years-does the seat bladder work?

And yes, the lumbar and side bolster adjustments still work great.
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2010 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by autolivery:

We paid a premium price for a premium car. I will put it up against anything out there. It is probably the lowest mileage T-Top car out there.

Sooo....did you buy it off of Craigslist for $13,500 and are now trying to flip it for $20K or ???

Also, at 5500 miles yours is far from the lowest one out there. From roughly 2001-2005 I helped sell off one of the largest Fiero-only car collections and it included several brand new '88 GT's and Formulas with T-Tops. One of these '88 GT's now belongs to a fellow forum member and I believe it still has less than 200 miles.

Your white GT is a nice example, but again, a realistic asking price is the $13,500 that was in that Craigslist ad (that has been conveniently deleted now) and not $20K.
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2010 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mrfiero:

One of these '88 GT's now belongs to a fellow forum member and I believe it still has less than 200 miles.

Unfortunately, Shaun allowed me to drive it back from the Minnesota Fieros Forever Show in June and I put miles 197 to 204 on it. Me bad.
Francis T

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2010 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Too bad it's an auto trans.
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2010 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by autolivery:

I'm happy to see everyone is interested in our Fiero, and of course everyone is entitled to their opinion. Thank you for the heads up regarding this forum and everyone's concerns. As I stated, the coolant lines are 100% undamaged. The vehicle was lifted at the pinch welds of the unibody adjacent to the coolant lines in the front of the vehicle. In fact, the lifting pads didn't even make contact with the lines as the dirt on them isn't even disturbed. I see everyone is enjoying poking fun at an apparent mistake, however we do know what we are doing as we specialize in special cars and this isn't our first Fiero or rear/mid engine car on the lift. I took the liberty of taking photos of the coolant lines and would be happy to email them to anyone who has a serious interest in the vehicle and has concerns regarding the lines. When I tell people interested in my auction the lines are undamaged, I say it because it is true, not because that's what people want to hear. We are a family owned business run with integrity for over 30 years. The car is a very special car with perfect pedigree. We paid a premium price for a premium car. I will put it up against anything out there. It is probably the lowest mileage T-Top car out there. If you don't think it is worth my asking price, I understand, but I doubt anyone could replicate it for any price. I will now defer to the naysayers out there to pick me apart. Anyone who is interested in making me a serious offer for the car is of course encouraged to do so. I am willing to work on the price.

Jason Burkhart
Sales Manager
The Auto Livery
www.autolivery.com
sales@autolivery.com
513-738-1115 office
513-324-2717 cell

A candid response. Can't ask for much more than that.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2010 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

Is that what the later style catalytic converters looked like, or has it already been replaced?

That cant be the original cat. Now that I think about it, It isnt. Nice job on painting the subframe front and rear. The exhaust pipe running out to the drivers side has some over spray on it. For some reason the rear parking brake springs look longer than the ones I took off my car. Having sold new GM products(mainly Pontiacs) since May 1977 I dont recall GM ever using gloss black on the underside and frame of cars. It looks just to shiny.

Oh it must have been setting for a while. I noticed cob webs. One of my pet peeves is cob webs.

Dear autolivery, regardless of what you say and think, if you check the 1988 factory service manual, you WILL SEE THE PROPER lift locations. I keep a copy in my car as I have found so called knowledgeable certified techs DO NOT KNOW the proper lift locations! I will gladly fax or scan a copy out of my service manual and send it to. That way you will minimize damage to the Fieros that you put on the lift.

Thank you,
Steve W.
NE Grand Rapids, MI
88 coupe

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 10-30-2010).]

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2010 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
I understand the price on the car as autolivery is a used car dealer. As we say in the business " you can always come down" but it is hard to go up.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 10-30-2010).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2010 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
The price is too dam high! You know and I know that its not going to sell. They are definintely going to come to take this guy away to the funny farm!

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

PFF
System Bot
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2010 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Why do people has to criticize when a real nice Fiero is being sold at a high price? And they are not even real buyers I wish they would sell for that.

[This message has been edited by Alex4mula (edited 10-31-2010).]

deezil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2010 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilDirect Link to This Post
Wow..... That's one nice Fiero!!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock