Purchased my 2 Fiero Saturday. by GADJet
Started on: 10-25-2010 09:50 AM
Replies: 15
Last post by: mattwa on 10-25-2010 09:00 PM
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post

Thats right. I got another notchie!

I will be using it for the body parts and interior parts. Anyone need a Getrag 5 Speed? I will be parting out what I do not use so hit me up if you need any parts. Keep in mind I will be using all body parts and some of the interior. Only visual parts are being used and any under body parts will be for sale. Just shoot me a PM if there is something you want.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
That's an Isuzu 5-speed.
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

That's an Isuzu 5-speed.

OK thats news to me. Is that good? LOL Or better than the Getrag, and how do you tell? (Still noobish here)
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by GADJet:

OK thats news to me. Is that good? LOL Or better than the Getrag, and how do you tell? (Still noobish here)

Yup its an isuzu I wouldent say its better than the getrag but hell its still a working transmission.

GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post
I did notice that this car has coil packs! My old car did not. What all is involved with changing that over?
Four_hundred_86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Four_hundred_86Send a Private Message to Four_hundred_86Direct Link to This Post
You need an 87-88 duke to run DIS oh and as I said i've got a motor and cradle that would look beautiful in there.. good find hows the rust

------------------
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

I did notice that this car has coil packs! My old car did not. What all is involved with changing that over?

I think more work than what its worth. I'll let someone else chim in on that.

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
If this car has a clean title and nothing major wrong with it I would work torward getting it running and leave everything on it. Looks like it is in good shape...
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Four_hundred_86:

You need an 87-88 duke to run DIS oh and as I said i've got a motor and cradle that would look beautiful in there.. good find hows the rust

0 found.

As I stated earlier, its a parts car. The guy I got it from lost the title. I may look into filing for lost title but I dont know what all is involved with it. I do know that the motor (according to the previous owner) knocks and is no go. However, I have yet to put a battery on it to see. I will probably do that sometime this week.

[This message has been edited by GADJet (edited 10-25-2010).]

GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post

GADJet

1466 posts
Member since Sep 2010
I can get another car in this shape (without the motor and tranny) with a sun roof and better interior condition for $200.00.
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post

4cyl + 5speed = Isuzu, Late 86, 87 & 88 V-6 + 5spd = Getrag. And you can tell by how those 2 shift cables are mounted.

And i agree on saving it, looks good and rust free is a huge plus.
PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

If this car has a clean title and nothing major wrong with it I would work torward getting it running and leave everything on it. Looks like it is in good shape...

I have to agree with Mstangs j/k but he's right we have to start saving these cars too many of them are hitting the parts pile. Sorry for going off topic, good luck with your purchase however you use it.

------------------

IMSA 1986 GT, Archie ChopTop #22, LS7 .......
Click here for the build thread

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 10-25-2010).]

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

0 found.

As I stated earlier, its a parts car. The guy I got it from lost the title. I may look into filing for lost title but I dont know what all is involved with it. I do know that the motor (according to the previous owner) knocks and is no go. However, I have yet to put a battery on it to see. I will probably do that sometime this week.

Title should not be to hard to get for the car...>Here in Tx you can get a bonded title all in one day.....Or send off for it and it takes a few weeks....
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Title should not be to hard to get for the car...>Here in Tx you can get a bonded title all in one day.....Or send off for it and it takes a few weeks....

Well honestly I do love this new car much better than the first. The first 86 coupe is a bumper pad but it is running. The 87 (New car) is not running but seems to be in much better shape other than the motor.
Four_hundred_86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Four_hundred_86Send a Private Message to Four_hundred_86Direct Link to This Post
BTW all body panels will swap between years. so 86 can have all 87 body panels which means no more bumperpad

------------------
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

I have to agree with Mstangs j/k but he's right we have to start saving these cars too many of them are hitting the parts pile. Sorry for going off topic, good luck with your purchase however you use it.

I agree with this 110%. People are just throwing away fiero's nowadays, even ones with little rust (thats hard to find up here). It's really frustrating. All the time I see good frames crushed because no one wants them. The local pull-a-part had three fiero's eariler, all of them rusted to almost nothing. Those i understand, and i pulled many parts off of them. But they are were crushed soon enough. Ironically, I see more 85+ Fieros then i do 84's, then though 84's had by far the most produced. Its because 84's aren't valuable due too their flaws and harder engine swaps.

/end rant

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock