Rims Question by tgmchuck
Started on: 10-19-2010 05:36 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Fiero1K on 10-19-2010 08:53 PM
tgmchuck

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tgmchuckSend a Private Message to tgmchuckDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I have a question for those with more knowledge than I. I found a rim style that I really like. A link to the manufacture's page, http://www.enkei.com/wdm.html#.

I looked them up on tire rack, and it lists the 15" rim as fitting the fiero, having 38 offset and a 72.6 bore on the specs pdf. But the 15" is 15x6.5. I was interested in maybe going with the 16x7 and a 215/50 or 55, listed on the spec sheet with the same 5x100 pattern and 72.6 bore but a 42 offset, but it is not listed as fitting the fiero on tirerack.

Am I missing anything? I would think that with the same bore and bolt pattern it should fit my 87gt. The offset is a bit higher than stock but I've seen threads of people with up to 45 offsets. At worst I may need to get some 5mm spacers right?

Thanks in advance for any info!

------------------
-------------------------------------------------------
First car love - Fiero 86 SE 2.8 - RIP
Next Car love -MiniViper - work in progress

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't run spacers. Just isn't a good idea, IMHO. Although 4mm isn't much.
For an 87 GT, I would look for a wheel with 35mm offset.
Basically, anything that will fit a "new" VW Beetle should work just fine on a pre-88 Fiero. The offsets are just about perfect.

------------------
Raydar
88 4.9 Formula IMSA Fasback..........................88 3.4 coupe - going...going... gone to a new home.

Read Nealz Nuze! Praise the Lowered!

Fiero1K

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1KSend a Private Message to Fiero1KDirect Link to This Post
the hub is 57.1mm bore and I think you should have hubcentric wheels. VW 5 lug wheels are this spec I think, at least the 5x100 are. I have 2 sets that fit well.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock